Author Topic: Massive blurries after updating GSX **SOLVED**  (Read 137920 times)

duckbilled

Re: Massive blurries after updating GSX
« Reply #375 on: September 15, 2018, 10:25:20 pm »
Can someone do a test: dock your plane at a GSX2 jetway, extend the jetway, BUT DON'T BOARD ANY PASSENGERS. Retract jetway, push back and start the flight. Do you get blurry textures etc. in this situation? I can't test right now, since I'm working, but I will do later.

Chris

I have done that quite a few times.

At IAH, I get slow loading textures but no blurries
At SDF, I always get slow loading textures, studders and eventual blurries. If I take off and turn back to the airport, the airport is black. When I load SDF, the whole airport is missing. Eventually, the buildings and runway lights load and then the runway textures appear to load on top of the runway lights.
At MEM, I get slow loading textures. I have not tested a flight out of MEM yet.
I did take off from JFK with the QW 787 and flew towards Manhattan. Aside from reduced FPS, no issues. I even tried this with the F22 at high speed just above the ground. Everything was cool.

These test have been done with default jetways restored and disable RTT checked.

I have also done flights starting on the runway (no services and ones were I started at the gate but did not use any services - all at SDF

Windows7, 4790k@4.4, 1080TI, 16GB RAM, P3DV4
« Last Edit: September 15, 2018, 10:31:51 pm by duckbilled »

cjhffm

« Reply #376 on: September 15, 2018, 10:41:10 pm »
ok.. I guess that rules out that one then. Sounds to me like a problem with the actual module (couatl). Or something else. Who knows! Umberto must be really frustrated, poor man... I'll patiently wait for a fix, although it's a little disappointing not to be able to use the full functionality of this new version.
« Last Edit: September 15, 2018, 11:14:54 pm by virtuali »

Hunter23321

« Reply #377 on: September 16, 2018, 01:59:25 am »
I have to add my name to the list has well. Only thing I did was update add-on manager.

1. GSX casche takes forever to load.
2. Upon takeooff, I have blurry textures for scenery and aircraft. (similiar to a memory loss)

Michael Thomas

Fludo

« Reply #378 on: September 16, 2018, 03:38:29 am »
Hello,

Count me in, it has to be 100% related to GSX. I was perfectly fine with GSX (updated but without expansion activated), got a a message today to update to new couatl version. I ignored it for the first two flights and after that shutted down the sim to install it.

After installing it I have had several issues which I did not have before.

- AI airplanes and other airport trucks appear black at first and take several seconds to be "normal". When switching views I have to wait again.
- Texture of my aircraft doesn't appear sharp until a few seconds have passed, that is every time I switch views.
- When I get to destination airport I always upload the autogen by changing the slider from high to very high, this normally takes 30s max. After the update it takes some 3 or 4 times more + the new loaded autogen appears with very blurry textures beneath it.

I tried restarting couatl and restarting sim + pc several times with no luck.

Please Umberto do something to fix this or allow to go back to previous version. It really ruins the whole experience.

Thanks

P3D v4

AirBorne

« Reply #379 on: September 16, 2018, 03:39:19 am »
is it possible to find gsx just before level 2? because p3d has become unusable since gsxl2...

Please read the previous posts. If you restore default jetways, GSX will work as it was before.

I still see all the symptoms, even disabling the jetways, which render my FSDT airports with totally static jetways. That's why I would like to have GSX v1 back to my system.
« Last Edit: September 16, 2018, 04:30:28 am by AirBorne »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #380 on: September 16, 2018, 03:46:19 am »
Please run the FSDT Live Update now. I'm confident it should work much better now.

drayton_k

« Reply #381 on: September 16, 2018, 04:13:50 am »
Please run the FSDT Live Update now. I'm confident it should work much better now.

Umberto,

Are you saying we can now disable default jetways again?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #382 on: September 16, 2018, 04:16:48 am »
Yes, go back to normal, with everything.

Hunter23321

« Reply #383 on: September 16, 2018, 04:21:05 am »
Just did an opcheck and looks like things are normal. Going to do a test flight now. Thank you!

Fludo

« Reply #384 on: September 16, 2018, 04:25:11 am »

Did you find something that might be causing the problems? I uninstalled gsx completely and problems were gone.
I'm going to install again now and run the update, I'll let you know how it works.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #385 on: September 16, 2018, 04:31:40 am »
Did you find something that might be causing the problems?

Yes, I managed to connect to one of our testers that has everything from OrbX installed, made several tests, and we were finally able to see the blurries! They couldn't possibly appear with the default scenery but, with the added load caused by the ginormous number of files added by OrbX, allowed to see the problem.

And yes, it was entirely MY fault: when porting the Addon Manager code from FSX to P3D4, the most difficult part wasn't porting to 64 bit, that was easy, but rewriting lots of code to support Unicode. A single function wasn't converted correctly, and that slowed down the file access, but it could be noticed only if the simulator was already overloaded by other addons.

And no, Couatl and GSX didn't had anything to do with it...it was just a single line of code in the Addon Manager which I overlooked.
« Last Edit: September 16, 2018, 04:41:09 am by virtuali »

Daniel Kamer

« Reply #386 on: September 16, 2018, 04:38:27 am »

Looks ok on my side. Thank you!  :)  :-*

Fludo

« Reply #387 on: September 16, 2018, 04:39:38 am »
Fantastic, thank you very much Umberto!

Installed again and everyting looks good as before the troubles.

I'm glad you could find the cause. Good night.

Numair999

« Reply #388 on: September 16, 2018, 05:13:45 am »
Great Job Umberto..! highly appreciate it.!! :D

Raphael

« Reply #389 on: September 16, 2018, 05:36:18 am »
Congratulations!.... Premiun support!  8)