Author Topic: Massive blurries after updating GSX **SOLVED**  (Read 140348 times)

Papacoach

Re: Massive blurries after updating GSX
« Reply #330 on: September 15, 2018, 03:03:44 pm »
Loaded up MEM with the new dll, major stutters on take off, nothing loaded outside of the initial airport surrounding load. No new autogen, textures etc...
« Last Edit: September 15, 2018, 03:11:21 pm by Papacoach »

onefineday2003

« Reply #331 on: September 15, 2018, 03:11:57 pm »
Hi,

Big problem for me too. P3dv4 unplayable since I installed GSXLEV2.

many textures take a lot of time to load. including that of my plane.

this while the frame rate is good (around 50 FPS)

when I change the view, the previous textures disappear and then put 40s to reload.

is it possible to find gsx just before level 2? because p3d has become unusable since gsxl2...

Try this: bglmanx64.dll

Not work

I decrease the graphical parameters

not work

1k texture... not work...

mertayd1n

« Reply #332 on: September 15, 2018, 03:27:15 pm »
unfortunately did not change. still blurries  :-\

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #333 on: September 15, 2018, 03:30:59 pm »
Loaded up MEM with the new dll, major stutters on take off, nothing loaded outside of the initial airport surrounding load. No new autogen, textures etc...

Tried that too and, I don't see any problems whatsoever taking off from KMEM with the PMDG 747. Sorry for my crappy hand-flying:

I take all your reports seriously, which is why I'm constantly trying to new things. If only I was able to reproduce it...

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #334 on: September 15, 2018, 03:33:41 pm »
unfortunately did not change. still blurries

Ok, let's try another route:

Start the SODE Platform Manager when the sim is not running, and select "Unregister", to temporary disable it. Jetways won't move, but everything else will be the same.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #335 on: September 15, 2018, 03:41:46 pm »
is it possible to find gsx just before level 2? because p3d has become unusable since gsxl2...

Please read the previous posts. If you restore default jetways, GSX will work as it was before.

cjhffm

« Reply #336 on: September 15, 2018, 03:47:38 pm »
Do you think it could be related to the boarding passengers?

That would be easy to try: just dock/undock a jetway, without calling boarding/deboarding.

I based this change on a recent report that it was enough to operate jetways to trigger the blurries and, in fact, found a place where I could optimize this. But, apparently, that's not the issue. I'll await further reports though.

OK - so I did this test: I parked at a remote stand at EKCH (FlyTampa), GSX jetways active, new bglmanx64.dll, 1K jetway textures. During boarding, there is some stuttering. If I jump to an AI aircraft while the passengers are boarding, the textures take a while to reload (that's understandable really). The main point is that the textures - both autogen and ground - DO reload eventually. And I get crisp ground textures, no blurries.

Can someone else test this? Remote stand, board passengers using bus with GSX L2.

Chris

EDIT: I tried this again - all textures load perfectly. No blurries. So - for me - it is most definitely a question of actually USING the jetways. They can be active, but mustn't be actually extended. Perhaps it has something to do with boarding the passengers through the jetways. I will try just moving the jetways but not boarding passengers. Maybe something else can also try this.

EDIT#2: I was wrong.. about 15 minutes into the flight, the textures stop loading and it gets blurry. ORBX textures (Germany North) don't load at all (pic attached). Damn it !!!  And this is without using the jetways! OMG...
« Last Edit: September 15, 2018, 04:22:02 pm by cjhffm »

mertayd1n

« Reply #337 on: September 15, 2018, 03:52:42 pm »

Start the SODE Platform Manager when the sim is not running, and select "Unregister", to temporary disable it. Jetways won't move, but everything else will be the same.
I've tried. unfortunately unchanged

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #338 on: September 15, 2018, 04:13:13 pm »
They can be active, but mustn't be actually extended. Perhaps it has something to do with boarding the passengers through the jetways. I will try just moving the jetways but not boarding passengers.

Yes, that might be useful to try, and I think I suggested this too: just operate jetways (dock/undock), without boarding/deboarding.

cjhffm

« Reply #339 on: September 15, 2018, 04:23:00 pm »
They can be active, but mustn't be actually extended. Perhaps it has something to do with boarding the passengers through the jetways. I will try just moving the jetways but not boarding passengers.

Yes, that might be useful to try, and I think I suggested this too: just operate jetways (dock/undock), without boarding/deboarding.

Will try this: see my last post (EDIT#2) for more info on the question of jetways...

RoyalToto

« Reply #340 on: September 15, 2018, 04:33:02 pm »
Ok, here something different.
I had massive problems with NVIDIA,
De installing 399.24 and goeing back to 382.05 seems to help for others.
Since I am not at my PC, but working at Europes friendliest Airline at the moment, can somebody try this?
The driver was updated around the release of GSX V2.... ;)

virtualstuff

« Reply #341 on: September 15, 2018, 04:43:49 pm »
Ok, here something different.
I had massive problems with NVIDIA,
De installing 399.24 and goeing back to 382.05 seems to help for others.
Since I am not at my PC, but working at Europes friendliest Airline at the moment, can somebody try this?
The driver was updated around the release of GSX V2.... ;)

Not for me running stable for a long time 388.59   8)
I'm thinking more and more that it has something to do with the jetway system either GSX2 or SODE...

kikigey89

« Reply #342 on: September 15, 2018, 04:45:22 pm »

Didn't help, still blurries. I'll update my Nvidia driver now, I'm on an "old" version as last year there was a memory leak which affected my PC.

kikigey89

« Reply #343 on: September 15, 2018, 05:18:34 pm »
Didn't help, still blurries. I'll update my Nvidia driver now, I'm on an "old" version as last year there was a memory leak which affected my PC.

No change with the latest Nvidia driver  :(

w6kd

« Reply #344 on: September 15, 2018, 05:38:34 pm »
One thing we haven't seen much of in this discussion is the configuration and operating conditions of regular folks that are using GSX v2 without problems.  Umberto's system is going to be devoid of most of the other commonly-used programs we all use, which makes sense for a test environment, but it doesn't have a good probability of reproducing a problem arising from an unhappy interaction because of its relative sterility.

Regards

Bob Scott