Author Topic: Massive blurries after updating GSX **SOLVED**  (Read 140821 times)

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Massive blurries after updating GSX
« Reply #315 on: September 15, 2018, 01:04:06 pm »
Same the antivirus has Nothing to do with the issue, i think this guy is right: What do you guys think?

That's the reason for my antivirus question, because it *can* affect this.  But yes, he gave me an useful hint, I'll try to prepare something new to test.

cjhffm

« Reply #316 on: September 15, 2018, 01:56:59 pm »
Just a quick question, do you have the whole simulator folder excluded from the antivirus, in addition to the Addon Manager folder ?

And, if you have other sceneries installed outside the simulator, for example in a big separate drive, have you disabled these folders from antivirus scanning as well ?

That's how I always run my sim and, some users a while ago reported extremely slow loading time of our files (the airport cache regeneration taking several minutes instead of seconds).

It might be worth checking.

everything excluded - FS main folder, sceneries on separate drive, addon manager.. the lot

Papacoach

« Reply #317 on: September 15, 2018, 02:01:46 pm »
Used GSX CP to load default jetways. Started the same flight. Blurries occurred with the same timing and intensity.  Will try same flight tomorrow with addition of RTT disabled.

I don't think it would make any difference. RTT only does Jetwaynumbers on replaced SODE jetways so, if you are flying with default jetways, they are not even there, unless you are flying only through airports you replaced all jetways manually.

I understand. I'm just trying anything/everything to see if anything/something has an affect.

For me, it doesn't appear like a typical resource blurry at all. Once the textures, autogen and terrain stop loading they don't come back like normal. I've paused the sim and walked away for 45 minutes and come back to marginally better terrain tiles, but still blurries and no autogen.

This is beyond a head scratcher...

ols500

« Reply #318 on: September 15, 2018, 02:03:21 pm »
"I understand. I'm just trying anything/everything to see if anything/something has an affect.

For me, it doesn't appear like a typical resource blurry at all. Once the textures, autogen and terrain stop loading they don't come back like normal. I've paused the sim and walked away for 45 minutes and come back to marginally better terrain tiles, but still blurries and no autogen.

This is beyond a head scratcher..."

Yes, the auto gen cannot load at all as the CPU is stuck on 100% loading something or processing something, but what?!?!

cjhffm

« Reply #319 on: September 15, 2018, 02:03:25 pm »
right, same experience here, it's a very strange problem. Has anyone tried the 1K or 2K textures that Umberto provided links to on the previous page? I'm just about the try them..
« Last Edit: September 15, 2018, 02:08:39 pm by virtuali »

cjhffm

« Reply #320 on: September 15, 2018, 02:10:34 pm »
"I understand. I'm just trying anything/everything to see if anything/something has an affect.

This is beyond a head scratcher..."

Yes, the auto gen cannot load at all as the CPU is stuck on 100% loading something or processing something, but what?!?!

Can I just say: although this problem is deeply frustrating for all of us affected by it, I do appreciate the effort that the developer is obviously going to in trying to solve it. And it's wonderful that we can all exchange experiences on this forum in a civilised manner (mostly). Just wanna say...

Hope the root of this can be found soon. It would be an awful shame if not, because otherwise GSX Level 2 is amazing. It has endless potential.
« Last Edit: September 15, 2018, 02:13:30 pm by cjhffm »

cjhffm

« Reply #321 on: September 15, 2018, 02:16:13 pm »
a heads-up:

Someone just posted over on Avsim:

https://www.avsim.com/forums/topic/541722-blurries-out-of-nowhere/?do=findComment&comment=3896653

Anyone tried this? I'm actually not quite sure what he means..

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #322 on: September 15, 2018, 02:27:28 pm »
I've made another small tweak to the Addon Manager .dll I posted earlier, adding a new optimization. Like before, place it in the Addon Manager root, to overwrite the existing file:

64 bit
http://update.fsdreamteam.com.s3.amazonaws.com/setup/fsdtroot/bglmanx64.dll

32 bit
http://update.fsdreamteam.com.s3.amazonaws.com/setup/fsdtroot/bglmanx.dll
« Last Edit: September 15, 2018, 07:49:56 pm by virtuali »

ols500

« Reply #323 on: September 15, 2018, 02:45:07 pm »
Ok lemme try

ols500

« Reply #324 on: September 15, 2018, 02:45:46 pm »
Which bit do i use for FSX?

kikigey89

« Reply #325 on: September 15, 2018, 02:49:49 pm »
Unfortunately no change  :(
« Last Edit: September 15, 2018, 02:51:57 pm by virtuali »

DrumsArt

« Reply #326 on: September 15, 2018, 02:51:45 pm »
Richard Portier
MAXIMUS VI FORMULA|Intel® Core™ i7-4770K CPU Oc @ 4.5GHz x8|NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080ti|M16GB|Windows10 PRO 64|Fsx Accel|P3Dv4.1|TrackIr5|Saitek ProFlight Yoke + Quadrant + Rudder Pedal|Thrustmaster Warthog A10|GSX|ORBX

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #327 on: September 15, 2018, 02:53:53 pm »
Unfortunately no change  :(

We are starting to exhaust all the options related to our software. Is it fixed if you restore default jetways ?

cjhffm

« Reply #328 on: September 15, 2018, 02:57:33 pm »
No, unfortunately this didn't make any difference. And I also tried with 1K jetways + the new bglmanx64.dll...

Do you think it could be related to the boarding passengers? Perhaps the CPU power required to calculate this causes the problem. I find that when the passengers start boarding, there are regular freezes for a second or two at a time, which last for about a minute, until around 40 or so passengers have boarded. After that, the textures go blurry and the autogen doesn't load (I can just test this by jumping to an AI aircraft near the airport - with default jetways enabled, everything loads quickly).
« Last Edit: September 15, 2018, 02:58:00 pm by virtuali »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #329 on: September 15, 2018, 03:00:56 pm »
Do you think it could be related to the boarding passengers?

That would be easy to try: just dock/undock a jetway, without calling boarding/deboarding.

I based this change on a recent report that it was enough to operate jetways to trigger the blurries and, in fact, found a place where I could optimize this. But, apparently, that's not the issue. I'll await further reports though.