Author Topic: Massive blurries after updating GSX **SOLVED**  (Read 137914 times)

cjhffm

Re: Massive blurries after updating GSX
« Reply #270 on: September 14, 2018, 10:04:22 pm »
Actually I realised this evening I don't have any of these sceneries installed. So, for me at least, they aren't the cause of the problems.
« Last Edit: September 14, 2018, 10:09:01 pm by virtuali »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #271 on: September 14, 2018, 10:08:40 pm »
1. This behavior started with installing of the Updated version & GSX V2
2. The main new feature is the Jetway....

How do you explain Post #254 then ? I'll copy it again the relevant bit:

http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php/topic,18564.msg130442.html#msg130442

I made a CLEAN install with ONLY P3D Free of addons (NO ONE) and ORBX GLOBAL + VECTORS and Barcelona City. Was UNFLYIABLE!!! I changed my processor to I7 8770K and it helped but yesterday i had a MASSIVE BLUR and problem with the FLYTAMPA airport TAMPA...

kikigey89

« Reply #272 on: September 14, 2018, 10:12:14 pm »
Very simple: Blurries are not a cause but a symptom of a much deeper issue. Blurries are also not a new thing, I've heard of them already 10 years ago but I never experienced them till now. Also the blurries can be different. Slow loading of textures or not loading new elements at all.
« Last Edit: September 14, 2018, 10:39:38 pm by virtuali »

kikigey89

« Reply #273 on: September 14, 2018, 10:15:47 pm »
Regarding CPU load: I have 4 cores and I can see core 0 at 90-100% which is normal. Cores 1-3 are at 100% (straight line) after around 10 minutes.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #274 on: September 14, 2018, 10:39:19 pm »
A user on AVSIM presented a situation where if you load an FSDT scenery, then move to another FSDT scenery, then do it once again, the sim hangs during loading and the CPU load goes sky high for as much as 10 minutes during the loading of the third or subsequent FSDT scenery.

Tried that, doesn't happen here.

I'm loading the following sceneries, one after the other. This is how much time took to load each one, from pressing OK after selecting the ICAO, two the end of the entire loading process, when airport loaded completely:

KJFK
KLAS - 28s
KSDF - 40s
KMEM - 60s
KLAX - 34s
LSGG - 39s
LSZH - 38s

CPU at 100% happened only once, and lasted only 1 second.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #275 on: September 14, 2018, 11:02:22 pm »
Very simple: Blurries are not a cause but a symptom of a much deeper issue. Blurries are also not a new thing, I've heard of them already 10 years ago but I never experienced them till now.

That's what I tried to explain since this thread started but, but soon enough started all posts saying "I never had blurries before, then I installed GSX L2, and so they started, I uninstalled GSX L2, they disappeared, it *must* be GSX L2"

Which I do believe, but with all the evidence we are gathering, it seems the way they happen seems different for everybody.

I fear we are running into some kind of limitation, after that the sim starts to display blurries. I'll try to make a simple as possible example, to explain why this can be easily connected to GSX L2, without this being a problem or something wrong we are doing.

- Suppose you are already 95% close to your own blurrines limit. If replaced SODE jetways are impacting for more than 5%, you'll pass this threshold, and get the blurries. You uninstall GSX L2 or stop it from replacing jetways, you are back at 95%, you are fully convinced "it was GSX's fault", but this will last only until you install the NEXT addon, at least one that would cause a similar effect of a least 5%.

- If you are only 80% close to your own blurrines limit. You will not see any blurries.

- If you start from a clean P3D install, install some addons and/or raise settings too much, you can eventually reach your own blurrines threshold, even without installing GSX L2. This is what might have happened in Post #254

- You were at 95%, and crossed over 100% (thus getting the blurries) after installing GSX L2 but, after my suggestion of removing those folders related to some FSDT sceneries in the Addon Manager\Couatl folder, you reduced GSX L2 impact from, let's say, 8% to 3%, so you are now back under 100%, so this fix worked for you.

I'm trying to offer an explanation that is compatible with ALL your reports:

- Those that don't have blurries

- Those that have them after installing GSX L2 and fix them by uninstalling it or disabling the replaced jetways

- Those that fixed the blurries use GSX + replacement jetways by doing the removals I suggested.

Darcy13

« Reply #276 on: September 14, 2018, 11:12:24 pm »
So what I get you saying then.  We are out of luck and should not use GSX 2 then if it is pushing us over the threshold (for me using default gateway stops the blurries).  I bought this for the gateways and not the people. I know you could not predict this happening, although I am surprised with so many reporting it that a beta tester never experienced it.  I guess a refund for my $40.00 is out the question.  Oh well maybe down the road someone will find a solution.

Thanks,

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #277 on: September 14, 2018, 11:25:48 pm »
although I am surprised with so many reporting it that a beta tester never experienced it.

That alone should indicate is not happening to everyone in the same way.

I guess a refund for my $40.00 is out the question.  Oh well maybe down the road someone will find a solution

Don't think for a moment we are done investigating.

I'm just trying to make it clear to everyone the conditions under we are working right now, with multiple conflicting reports, both about the very existence of the problem, but also how different for everybody our various proposed solutions are.

Someone reported this happens ONLY (on his system), if jetways starts to move. That's the only part which is done entirely outside our software. We create the jetways as static, when you press the GSX menu to "Operate" them, we replace the static jetway with the dynamic version, but we still don't move it. Then, we pass control to SODE, which will do the *actual* animation of the jetway.

Others reported it was enough to overfly an airport with replaced jetways (which are all static at that point). This conflicts (or debunk, your choice), the above theory of a supposed problem related to animating jetways.

Some reported my proposed fix or removing the various files under the Fsdreamteam\Couatl folder fixed the issue for them. This seems to confirms the previous theory of the jetways themselves being a problem, even if they are just created because, without going in too long explanations, removing those files has *ENSURED* NO jetways are ever created when flying over 10K feet.

But then, somebody else said this fix didn't do anything for him, conflicting with this last theory as well.

cjhffm

« Reply #278 on: September 14, 2018, 11:26:13 pm »
Just did a flight from EKCH with GSX2 jetways (ini file) and got severe blurries after about 10 minutes, CPU at 99-100 % (pics attached)! Eventually the aircraft textures load up but the ground never loads. If I uninstall GSX2, everything is fine. No blurries, no stutters.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #279 on: September 14, 2018, 11:29:24 pm »
Just did a flight from EKCH with GSX2 jetways (ini file) and got severe blurries after about 10 minutes, CPU at 99-100 % (pics attached)! Eventually the aircraft textures load up but the ground never loads. If I uninstall GSX2, everything is fine. No blurries, no stutters.

So, your are possibly in this camp:

Suppose you are already 95% close to your own blurrines limit. If replaced SODE jetways are impacting for more than 5%, you'll pass this threshold, and get the blurries. You uninstall GSX L2 or stop it from replacing jetways, you are back at 95%, you are fully convinced "it was GSX's fault", but this will last only until you install the NEXT addon, at least one that would cause a similar effect of a least 5%.

cjhffm

« Reply #280 on: September 14, 2018, 11:33:23 pm »
Perhaps, but I have never experienced blurry textures before.. with all the add-ons I have installed! But I honestly have to say I am not an expert and can only report what I see..

Without GSX L2, my CPU is mostly around 40-50 percent in cruise flight...so....
« Last Edit: September 14, 2018, 11:37:31 pm by virtuali »

dragunov2020

« Reply #281 on: September 14, 2018, 11:36:25 pm »
well virtuali , what the specification of your machine where you test the GSX L2 and everything gone ok unlike us ?
to compare with mine , so your theory should be correct

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #282 on: September 14, 2018, 11:39:22 pm »
Perhaps, but I have never experienced blurry textures before.. with all the add-ons I have installed!

That's perfectly compatible with my previous explanation.

Without GSX L2, my CPU is mostly around 40-50 percent in cruise flight...so....

Mine it's about 27% WITH GSX L2, on an FSDT airport with the PMDG 747-400. I already posted a video about this. Another user (See Post #254), posted a video of blurries happening WITHOUT GSX installed, after a clean install.

cjhffm

« Reply #283 on: September 14, 2018, 11:54:07 pm »
Point taken. Then there must be something specific to my (and other people's) setup that is conflicting. Finding out what this conflict is, is probably like looking for the proverbial needle in a haystack..

Incidentally, when I try to shut down P3D at this stage (with blurries, as in the pics I posted) it just hangs and I have to forcibly close it.
« Last Edit: September 14, 2018, 11:54:58 pm by virtuali »

301ad

« Reply #284 on: September 15, 2018, 12:08:25 am »
In doing some testing today, I find that, on my system at least, I don't get any blurries at all if I don't use the GSX jetway or pushback.  Once I connect and retract the jetway, OR use the GSX pushback, I get blurries on that flight every single time.

I get similar results to the video you just posted, Umberto, until I operate a GSX installed jetway.  I notice in the video you don't operate any jetways.  Once I do that, loading becomes very very slow.  Do you see results similar to the video once you have operated a GSX2 jetway, or done a pushback?