Author Topic: Massive blurries after updating GSX **SOLVED**  (Read 137919 times)

Darcy13

Re: Massive blurries after updating GSX
« Reply #255 on: September 14, 2018, 07:28:11 pm »
I have none of those folders but I do have cyvr and KLAX.  I get the blurries.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #256 on: September 14, 2018, 07:37:51 pm »
I have none of those folders but I do have cyvr and KLAX.  I get the blurries.

So, let's sum up the last 3 posts:

Post #252
http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php/topic,18564.msg130438.html#msg130438

NO blurries for me now. Tested at KIAH. First test with KIAH I had blurries. Then I moved KCLT, KIAH, KLAS and KMEM (don't have KSDF) and blurries are gone now.
Will do the entire test again to confirm.

Post #254
http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php/topic,18564.msg130442.html#msg130442

I made a CLEAN install with ONLY P3D Free of addons (NO ONE) and ORBX GLOBAL + VECTORS and Barcelona City. Was UNFLYIABLE!!! I changed my processor to I7 8770K and it helped but yesterday i had a MASSIVE BLUR and problem with the FLYTAMPA airport TAMPA...

Post #255 (your post)
http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php/topic,18564.msg130442.html#msg130442

I have none of those folders but I do have cyvr and KLAX.  I get the blurries.

So, what you or anybody suggest we should do now ? I'm trying to proceed by exclusion to remove everything that *might* be different with GSX L2 but, there's not much else we can do, if you are in a situation as in Post #254.

kikigey89

« Reply #257 on: September 14, 2018, 07:58:31 pm »
So, what you or anybody suggest we should do now ? I'm trying to proceed by exclusion to remove everything that *might* be different with GSX L2 but, there's not much else we can do, if you are in a situation as in Post #254.

I meanwhile did the test again and I can confirm, when I delete/move the 4 folders (I don't have KSDF) the blurries are gone.

Earlier today I continued my tests at EDDK (static jetways of the scenery, I added a SODE jetway with GSX to test the latest GSX version (including Level 2 Expansion)) and I found out that I don't get blurries anymore when I remove the jetway_pos line from the config file.

virtualstuff

« Reply #258 on: September 14, 2018, 08:05:05 pm »
Well Umberto I did already a test without them KCLT/KIAH/KMEM however I'm flying in europe and tested between FSDT LSGG and FT EHAM with GSX2 SODE jetways... Tested with 4k and 2K textures

And the result is ?

Be sure to do the test *exactly* as I've indicated. Don't uninstall any scenery, don't deactivate anything and keep default jetways disabled. JUST remove the folders (the ones you have) I indicated.

I apologize was with the same negative result.

etops

« Reply #259 on: September 14, 2018, 08:23:58 pm »
I have only the KLAS folder and after remove it I still getting blurries if I depart from an airport with GSX sode jetways. My sim is just fine if I depart from ANY other aiport. But I must say that without the KLAS folder I get les blurries.
« Last Edit: September 14, 2018, 08:44:28 pm by etops »

duckbilled

« Reply #260 on: September 14, 2018, 08:27:13 pm »
I'm trying to test with the latest instructions of removing selected FSDT airports. Problem is SDF is where my test flight originated. I'm trying to find another origin where the problem exists. I did a flight from MSP to STL - that went fine. I'm trying LGA to MSP right now, but I need to get into the flight a bit to see if I get the blurries. So far, textures appeared to load normally at LGA.

V1_rotate

« Reply #261 on: September 14, 2018, 08:38:25 pm »

The real important information is that blurries only occur when I used a Jetway befor a flight. When I have used an remote stand without a jetway my flight was perfect without any blurries. So it might have something to do with the moving of a jetway ?!

At the moment / since 7 days I was not realy able to perform a flight, because I got blurries at every top of climb and my P3D v4 stopped working. I tried every possible solution from this thread but nothing worked. This is an unacceptable situation for me because I paid 30 dollar and can't use my simulator anymore. As mentioned before it only happens when using a GSX lvl2 jetway prior a flight so you can't tell me it is not caused by GSX. You have to find a solution for this problem!

RoyalToto

« Reply #262 on: September 14, 2018, 08:45:58 pm »
Hello,
I have the same... CPU goes up and my fans are behaving like turbines.
Also blurries.
I hope you will find a fix quickly.
In our Forum, we have other users with the same problem.
I will de-install and wait.
 :(

kikigey89

« Reply #263 on: September 14, 2018, 09:07:58 pm »
Maybe to clarify my findings: When I confirmed, deleting those folders solved my issue, I was testing at KIAH. So in fact I did not see the KIAH scenery during the test, but I could push back normally.
When I went back to EDDK (with the folders still deleted) the issue appeared.

The real important information is that blurries only occur when I used a Jetway befor a flight. When I have used an remote stand without a jetway my flight was perfect without any blurries. So it might have something to do with the moving of a jetway ?!

I think this is exactly the point. And you have to use GSX service at this parking spot. Not using the jetway (I did not use the jetway on all my tests) but a pushback is enough. When I do tests without pushback (just loading at the gate, waiting a few minutes and then depart) the issue does not occur. So I have to request GSX service at a gate with a SODE jetway (only pushback for me). My tests where I deleted the jetway_pos line of the airport config confirms this in my view. I don't know what GSX does internally but everything points to jetways in my view.

RoyalToto

« Reply #264 on: September 14, 2018, 09:13:32 pm »
I have set out people to test that, but it sounds logical, since:
1. This behavior started with installing of the Updated version & GSX V2
2. The main new feature is the Jetway....
I truly hoop for a fix. Else than that I love the product!
But at the moment its useless.

duckbilled

« Reply #265 on: September 14, 2018, 09:17:22 pm »
Not sure. It looks like I can't reproduce the problem if I start from an airport other than SDF. I have disable att checked, I have default jetways enabled in the control panel and I did the live update that came out yesterday. I have done 3 test flights today. All were with the NGX, ProATCx, ASP4 (RW weather) and UTL. GSX was used for jetway docking and for pushback only.

MSP (Flightbeam) to STL (T2G). This flight went fine
SDF (FSDT) to KSAN (LantinVFR). Terrible. Slow loading textures and blurries with about 30 mins. I didn't complete it.
LGA (IS) to MSP (Flightbeam). In the air right now over Ontario and things look good.

So, I'm not sure what to do next. I really need to be able to repeat the issue to know if the removal of those airports works. Still, something seems to be up with SDF.
« Last Edit: September 14, 2018, 10:06:30 pm by virtuali »

duckbilled

« Reply #266 on: September 14, 2018, 09:20:07 pm »
I think this is exactly the point. And you have to use GSX service at this parking spot.

I have tested at SDF without using services and I still had the issue. Keep in mind that this was pre-live update and before I restored default jetways in the control panel.
« Last Edit: September 14, 2018, 10:07:04 pm by virtuali »

w6kd

« Reply #267 on: September 14, 2018, 09:27:11 pm »
One thing I'm curious about is which logical processors are getting maxxed out when these blurries present themselves.  

A user on AVSIM presented a situation where if you load an FSDT scenery, then move to another FSDT scenery, then do it once again, the sim hangs during loading and the CPU load goes sky high for as much as 10 minutes during the loading of the third or subsequent FSDT scenery.  It's consistently reproducible--I start with the PMDG 737 at KLAS gate A12, then move to KMEM gate B12, then move to KJFK gate 803.  What I saw when I reproduced that sequence was relatively normal load times for the first two, then at KJFK, a stall at about 36% during the terrain loading phase and 100% load on all of the logical CPUs that handle terrain and texture loading (in my case logical CPUs 4-7 on an HT-enabled quad-core i7).  Changing the order of the airports didn't seem to make a difference, either.  This, BTW, is with GSX v1 without ever having upgraded to v2.  Killing the couatl, UTLive, and SimobjectDisplayEngine processes had no effect once the hang occured.  RAM usage was normal (~7.4GB) and VRAM usage was also not problematic (~3.8GB on a pair of 11GB 1080Ti GPUs).

I'm not certain if it's relevant to the blurry issue, but the apparent similarities between the two--the presence of a large, long-duration and unexplained load on the logical CPUs that handle terrain and texture loading is suspicious.  It may be demonstrative that GSX and/or FSDT sceneries are coming up against some kind of internal limitation not previously encountered in P3Dv4.

Regards

Bob Scott
« Last Edit: September 14, 2018, 09:38:42 pm by w6kd »

kikigey89

« Reply #268 on: September 14, 2018, 09:31:23 pm »
I'm not certain if it's relevant to the blurry issue, but the presence of a large, long-duration and unexplained load on the CPUs is suspicious.  It may be demonstrative that GSX and/or FSDT sceneries are coming up against some kind of internal limitation not previously encountered in P3Dv4.

I think those are connected because when I first experienced the blurries, I went to Scenery Library and just clicked OK which forces a reload. After 3 minutes I considered P3D as crashed but I got/get the same CPU load. It appears to me like something is taking up a lot of CPU usage and causes P3D to stop loading new stuff.

w6kd

« Reply #269 on: September 14, 2018, 09:51:06 pm »
One more question for those having the problem--are you over or near another airport when this problem first occurs?  Is the airport default or an add-on, and does it have jetways?  If so, what kind?

A good number of the people reporting the problem seem to encounter it after some time in flight.  I wonder if it is something creeping up over time due to the CPUs being too heavily-loaded to keep up, or is it triggered by something around you in the scenery environment?  Reports of people hearing the CPU fans spin up at problem onset suggests to me it's being triggered by something in the nearby scenery.

Test flights with an eye on CPU load (or temp as a surrogate) might tell a story here.

Regards

Bob Scott