Author Topic: Massive blurries after updating GSX **SOLVED**  (Read 137904 times)

AirBorne

Massive blurries after updating GSX **SOLVED**
« on: September 09, 2018, 07:07:59 pm »
Anyone else in here?
P3D v4.3 and the CPU started to go to 100% load.
« Last Edit: September 17, 2018, 06:51:59 pm by virtuali »

jsbryner

Re: Massive blurries after updating GSX
« Reply #1 on: September 09, 2018, 07:41:10 pm »
Anyone else in here?
P3D v4.3 and the CPU started to go to 100% load.

Same problem here. Also posted a reply on AVSIM to someone experiencing this. The only change on my system was the GSX update (I did not install the new expansion pack). I have not experienced this problem prior to this. GeForce GTX 1080, Win 10 Pro, no new updates. Prepar3D V4.3.29.25520. I cleared the shader cache and will see if that helps. On Windows Control Panel, Programs and Features Applet, I noticed that the GSX update (version 2.5.0.5) installed the MS C++ Redist (32 bit) libs  ver12.0.30501, and not sure if that's part of the issue.

Jeffrey S. Bryner

peja1591

« Reply #2 on: September 09, 2018, 07:44:35 pm »
Yup same here, and we keep getting told “its not gsx” ..... if i start a flight and dont use GSX everything is fine, as soon as i start using anything from GSX, jetways, pushback etc, scenery goes blurry and no autogen loads anymore after i leave the airport area... i have an I7 7700K @4.6 ghz with GTX 1080 and i was using a default airport...

jsbryner

« Reply #3 on: September 09, 2018, 07:52:04 pm »
Yup same here, and we keep getting told “its not gsx” ..... if i start a flight and dont use GSX everything is fine, as soon as i start using anything from GSX, jetways, pushback etc, scenery goes blurry and no autogen loads anymore after i leave the airport area... i have an I7 7700K @4.6 ghz with GTX 1080 and i was using a default airport...

My issue is most notable after departure, cruise flight and then ground textures get blurry (not clouds though), but CPU pegs at 100% for the Prepar3d.exe process on all cores it is using.  Can't say I've ever seen that before. So, that may be the problem and the symptom is the blurry textures. Once on the ground again, within about 5 minutes textures display again albeit rendering very slowly.

Jeffrey S. Bryner

peja1591

« Reply #4 on: September 09, 2018, 07:55:16 pm »
Yes same here, except my textures and autgen never load again after departing the airport, everything is blurry ecept the clouds. So this obviously is a GSX 2 issue... i never had this problem before until GSX level 2.

duckbilled

« Reply #5 on: September 09, 2018, 08:01:46 pm »
Same here. I gave more detail in the AVSIM thread. 1st flight with GSXL2 installed was from FSDT SDF to SAN. Massive blurries after the clouds cleared. Very long load time when resetting the scenery.

grandfred29

« Reply #6 on: September 09, 2018, 08:11:01 pm »
hi all

Same here, after 2 flights with GSXL2
Cpu I7 8700k, gtx1080Ti

Cpu @100%
Gpu @25%

Close my traffic addon programms during flight, don't change cpu 100%

weather addon programs are on core 10 and 11, no problem

thanks

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #7 on: September 09, 2018, 08:13:54 pm »
See this post here, starting from JFK2, in the most autogen-heavy area of the world, with the most autogen-unfriendly airplane possible, under the worse possible situation for blurries (flying at high speed)

No blurries, and no autogen loss.

http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php/topic,18432.msg128490.html#msg128490

About CPU utilization, I just made another test here:

Showing first with the Addon Manager enabled and lots of replaced SODE jetways in view, CPU utilization averages around 27% and GPU around 63%. Then, I disabled the Addon Manager, which disables *all* our software at once, and restored the default jetways.

Yes, they are a *bit* better in fps, so much uglier to look at, and the CPU and GPU utilization are exactly the same as with GSX enabled! I couldn't be more proud of this result: being able to replace 12-years old jetways with much better looking model, without affecting the CPU/GPU consumption AT ALL, and with only a minimal impact on fps, it's really good.

Now, having proved the problem is not caused by GSX, by it's clearly related to system settings, it's likely that something that affect CPU utilization might have something to do with having played with the AffinityMask setting.

Have you changed this value ? I'm using default, which means no AffinityMask at all in the Prepar3D.cfg file, which is the setting that make more sense to me. I tried with other values, reading users report of "miracle" changes, but the only thing I could achieve, was a huge slowdown in loading textures so, I went back to default immediately.

And, of course, the usual common sense antivirus settings:

- Exclude the Addon Manager folder from the antivirus.

- Exclude the whole Prepar3D folder from the antivurs.

pilotskcx

« Reply #8 on: September 09, 2018, 08:15:22 pm »
Same here.  I just uninstalled and the problem does not go away.  GSX2 was the only change I made.  I wonder if the exclude files have anything to do with it.

Edit:  I also noticed the aircraft nav lights and strobes would not show.
« Last Edit: September 09, 2018, 08:17:29 pm by pilotskcx »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #9 on: September 09, 2018, 08:59:41 pm »
Same here.  I just uninstalled and the problem does not go away.

Try to uninstall and reply YES to the question "Do you want to remove the Addon Manager ?". Doing so, will *totally* disable everything that came with GSX and our software.

pilotskcx

« Reply #10 on: September 09, 2018, 09:21:40 pm »
Here's the video of the flight:  Check at 57.17 in the video and 1:03 and 1:20.  Not sure if this will help.

« Last Edit: September 09, 2018, 09:23:17 pm by pilotskcx »

Darcy13

« Reply #11 on: September 09, 2018, 09:26:12 pm »
same here massive blurries since buying and installing gsx2

Darcy

dragunov2020

« Reply #12 on: September 09, 2018, 09:39:11 pm »
hello , same here blurries and NAV , LANDING lights problem with  GSX L2

and excuse me , posting video says that everything is fine not solving the problem that we are all about  ;D

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #13 on: September 09, 2018, 09:42:35 pm »
I think I already replied with:

- Two videos, one showing NO BLURRIES and another one showing NO higher CPU utilization and NO difference with/without GSX installed.

- Offering some suggestion on what you might have setup wrong in your system that might cause this.

pilotskcx

« Reply #14 on: September 09, 2018, 09:44:04 pm »
Did you guys go to the time stamps I replied with?  You can't see the issues??