Author Topic: Massive blurries after updating GSX **SOLVED**  (Read 144230 times)

AirBorne

Re: Massive blurries after updating GSX
« Reply #60 on: September 10, 2018, 06:13:35 am »
About blurries, I know it's a long shot but, could you please try this:

- Go to this place

"Documents\Prepar3d v4 Add-ons\Fsdreamteam Exclude"

And replace the add-on.xml there, with the one attached.

This file assume you installed GSX into the default folder C:\Program Files (x86)\Addon Manager. If not, please edit the <Path> line in this xml to show the correct path of our installation.

I did and saw no different outcome. All cores of CPU hogged to their maximum capacity building up the blurries over a few minutes.

Ankh

« Reply #61 on: September 10, 2018, 08:31:18 am »
Might not be the same, I still post it here: I do not have increased amount of blurries, but when I first changed the first jetway in LSZH, my sim crashed suddenly without any error message. Since then, the texture loading is extremely reduced in performance. Means: while looking around or switching view points, it takes forever to load the textures correctly. Some AI planes and scenery buildings as well as the GSX vehicles remain black for several seconds. It was not like this before GSX Level 2. I could switch views and it took only 1-2 seconds for the textures to load, the GSX vehicles even loaded instantly.

It seems that GSX Level 2 somehow corrupted things. I will certainly try this shaders "trick", might also have an influence on my issues.

AirBorne

« Reply #62 on: September 10, 2018, 08:55:57 am »
If I were the developer(s) I would take a look at the .DLLs and the likes. There must be a routine that is hogging the whole thing.
Anyone knows if there is a tool that shows the internal components of a running executable file? The idea is seeing the resources being consumed by the various linked components, such as Couatl, Bglmanx, Pmdghud, Trueglass, Reallight, Sode, etc, well, you know what I mean, right?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #63 on: September 10, 2018, 10:13:56 am »
Please stop saying there's a bug in GSX, in Couatl, or something like that.

TWO users already reported the problem was fixed for them by refreshing the shader cache and the scenery indexes.

We don't modify any of them so, clearly, they were already messed up with something else, and installing GSX might just have made the problem (which they already had), just more obvious, but it wasn't the cause.

If GSX was the cause (it's not), it couldn't explain that:

1) I cannot replicate any blurries and any higher than normal CPU utilization, as seen in the various videos I posted, including one from another user on Avsim, arriving at destination after a 2 hour flight with no blurries at all.

AND

2) Some users reported the blurries were gone by refreshing the shader cache and the scenery indexes. If GSX were the cause, this wouldn't be possible.

The *simulator*, of course, will generate such files automatically, when new kind of objects are used for the first time, and when a new scenery is installed. The only scenery we install with GSX 2, is the empty Exclude folder, THAT'S why I suggested trying to use a different add-on.xml, but I don't really think this is the problem.

The simulator might have also added new shaders, when it found materials added by our newly installed Jetways. That's nothing we have any control over it, it's all done automatically but, sometimes the shader cache folder might end up corrupted, so it needs refreshing.

AND, if you have 3rd party shader utilities, like PTA or Tomato Shader, this will result in DIFFERENT shaders being created, because they modified the original shaders. The shaders in the ProgramData folder are binary representation of the source files under the Prepar3d\ShaderHLSL folder, and there might be MANY of them, since for each source, the simulator can create different variations depending how it's used in the various objects found in the sim.

I have 1703 shaders in my shader cache, but every use will have a different number, because it depends how many object you have seen in the simulator. Yes, when creating shaders, it's understandable the CPU utilization might be higher, and the scenery might look bad.

Maybe your shaders folder has grown up too large ? Maybe your hard drive is a bit slow in writing for some reason ? Maybe your ANTIVIRUS is slowing down reading/writing the shader cache ?

We had users reporting the GSX airport cache regeneration took "minutes" on their system, while it shouldn't take more than 10-20 seconds for a full regeneration, and 1-2 for a refresh after installing a single scenery. This WAS caused by Windows Defender, that tried to scan every single .BGL, just in case it might contain a virus, and excluding all the simulator folder from scanning resulted in a 10x decrease in time for these users. And of course, while doing this, the CPU utilization gets higher.

Could be the same is happening to your shader cache ? The simulator is doing its usual work of creating new shaders (because there are new objects installed by GSX), but is taking much longer than normal because of the antivirus (or because your shader folder has become too large), so you see high CPU utilization and blurries, and put the blame on GSX, when there's clearly nothing wrong with it ?

cjhffm

« Reply #64 on: September 10, 2018, 11:50:23 am »

We DID had a restart problem upon release, but it's fixed now. Are you sure you are running the latest Live Update ?

Yes, all updated using Live Update.

The only thing in GSX that uses DL are the ground vehicles headlights, which are turned off when then don't move, to save even up to the last resource. The vehicles are of course fully destroyed when you fly away from the airport.

ok..

Have you tried another airplane ?

Not yet, but I will. Maybe it's something to do with the FSL (though I doubt everyone having this problem is using the FSL airbus). I also use Tomatoshade. Perhaps this is a factor.

Blue1

« Reply #65 on: September 10, 2018, 12:53:33 pm »
Hi,

Exactly the same problem for me after 35 - 40 minutes after take-off blurry everywhere. Now I'm trying without L2 (desactivate and reinstalled) and jetway default to see if it works correctly.

Christian

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #66 on: September 10, 2018, 12:55:40 pm »
Exactly the same problem for me after 35 - 40 minutes after take-off blurry everywhere.

This is when GSX is not doing anything, and has already removed all its created jetways and objects. It did about 3NM outside the departure airport.

Now I'm trying without L2 (desactivate and reinstalled) and jetway default to see if it works correctly.

Have you tried, instead, the solution suggested here, which fixed the problem for at least two users that did that ?

http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php/topic,18564.msg129078.html#msg129078

Blue1

« Reply #67 on: September 10, 2018, 01:06:01 pm »
Hi Virtuali,

Yes I did so I know it's not GSX but I want to fly and for me it's not compatible with my other product in some way so I turn back where all works perfectly all together.

Christian

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #68 on: September 10, 2018, 01:22:50 pm »
Yes I did so I know it's not GSX but I want to fly and for me it's not compatible with my other product in some way so I turn back where all works perfectly all together.

If you still didn't had the "other product" (we don't know what it is in your case) which is causing this in combination with GSX, we can safely assume the problem didn't happen so, you would just bought GSX L2 without noticing anything.

Now, assume you buy/install this "other product" AFTER GSX. The problem starts to appear. Who's to blame then ?

This entire concept the last product installed is always the one that is at fault and must "fix" something, it's just wrong. What if there's just nothing we can do, if you run with too many addons, with some of them not compatible with each other ?

That's the nature of the flight simulation market, with hundreds/thousands of addon that no developer can even had any chance to test, in millions of different combinations if you also include hardware, software and OS combinations.

THAT'S why we offer a Trial version of everything since the beginning of time. Because there's no way we can guarantee with absolute certainty you will not have any problems, under any possible combination of addons and software/hardware combination.

Nobody better than you can test the product on your system before purchasing. There's no time limitation, you have all the time you want to be sure it works.

Offering a Trial version costs us money, both in bandwidth consumption and in maintaining an activation server and in offering unlimited downloads freely available with no registration and no time expiration. Use it to your own advantage, to be sure it works in your own unique installation.

Blue1

« Reply #69 on: September 10, 2018, 02:17:11 pm »
Hi Virtuali,

No problem I understand. I just tested same flight without L2. No blurries after 35m so for me it's the solution for now.
I bought L2 and I assume no other product was installed in between...but I don't want testing anymore so maybe one day it will work all together for me too and at this moment I will reactivate L2 for now it's working perfectly with GSX without L2 and I don't blame you. It is just an observation and as I said I assume.

Regards,

Christian

Terblanche

« Reply #70 on: September 10, 2018, 02:22:26 pm »

So far, so good - did another flight from EGCC (UK2000) to LOWW (FlyTampa) and although there were no blurries, the autogen loads really, REALLY slow and it's only after descending through 7000" and getting airspeed to 200 ktns that the autogen started to pop up like a popcorn show. Now, I'm not saying it is GSX's 'fault' but it sure is GSX having an argument with something in P3D because ever since installing GSXv2 if you hit [Refresh Scenery] you can walk the dog, take a shower, prepare dinner and come back just in time to see it load through 80% ...

BUT as I said - after deleting the SceneryIndexes_x64 and Shaders [http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php/topic,18564.msg129078.html#msg129078] it seems to have fix the ocean of blurries. Something, somewhere, somehow has a conflict with GSX and here is the point Umberto - you are correct to say that it's not the engine that makes a car drives off the road and the driver should check its wheels but if the engine delivers too much / too little torque then the driver will find it difficult to stay on the road - OR- if GSX remains active and priority in the background then P3D will first feed GSX's need before providing for the autogen's expectations. #justmytwosents

;)
Terblanche Jordaan

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #71 on: September 10, 2018, 02:42:52 pm »
if GSX remains active and priority in the background then P3D will first feed GSX's need before providing for the autogen's expectations.

GSX does NOT remain active in flight! With a recent update, it simply stop doing anything, even checking for nearby airports, if you are flying over 10K feet and/or faster than 250 kts.

The only thing it does, in that situation, is checking your altitude and speed, in case you go below 10K feet, so it's time to start checking nearby airports again. But I REFUSE to think asking for 2 variables each 4 seconds (that's the lowest priority you can ask to Simconnect) can cause issues to the simulator, when something like FSUIPC, for example, is asking for *hundreds* of variables at time!

duckbilled

« Reply #72 on: September 10, 2018, 04:21:07 pm »
Hi,

I'd like to uninstall GSX, try some of the solutions, test and reinstall. Do I uninstall GSX through the control panel or is there another method?

Also, should I uninstall the addon manager and if so, what is the process for that? FYI, I do have most of the FSDT airports and I don't really want to uninstall those. I just want to clean out GSX and reinstall it.

Thanks!

virtualstuff

« Reply #73 on: September 10, 2018, 04:56:48 pm »
Hi,

I'd like to uninstall GSX, try some of the solutions, test and reinstall. Do I uninstall GSX through the control panel or is there another method?

Also, should I uninstall the addon manager and if so, what is the process for that? FYI, I do have most of the FSDT airports and I don't really want to uninstall those. I just want to clean out GSX and reinstall it.

Thanks!

Just disable the load of Couatl in the config file;-)

Blue1

« Reply #74 on: September 10, 2018, 05:44:21 pm »
Hi,

Just for information I notice an error call: bglmanx64.dll when blurries occurs and I stop the flight and exit p3v4.
Maybe a clue.

Christian