Author Topic: Massive blurries after updating GSX **SOLVED**  (Read 140678 times)

Rikypara

Re: Massive blurries after updating GSX
« Reply #465 on: September 17, 2018, 11:39:51 am »
I never criticized your attitude towards customers and said good about fixing problems very fast, but at this point your attitude is very unfair.
I think you should have made this expansion P3Dv4 ONLY rather than imposing everyone through the live updates. It’s simply not for FSX and I guess no one in this forum would have doubt choosing btw : GSX Level 2 with massive bluerries and unflyable or GSX Level 1 flyable.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rikypara

« Reply #466 on: September 17, 2018, 11:42:22 am »
P3D is a software under continuous developpement. A new v4.X version comes almost every few months. Devs. prefer keeping up with the software and enjoy the benefits each new version brings. It's up to the customer to follow.

This is the usual sentence I read but you missed one point: People are asking either to fix the problem OR be rolled back to Pre Level 2 Expansion.
If he said GSXL2 is P3Dv4 only this would be perfect. We were imposed an update which is not possible for FSX. That’s it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #467 on: September 17, 2018, 11:44:49 am »
If I said that to my customers, I would lose all my customers in the next hours...

What is "that" ? I said your 32 bit application has reach its limit, how this, exactly, is something you can't say to your customers ?

I'll make an analogy:

YOU: "dear Adobe support, I have this picture taken with my new 50M/Pixel camera, and I would like to edit it but, the problem is, I'm still running 32 bit Photoshop, and it crashes when I opened it. Could you make it fit in the 32 bit Photoshop ?"

ADOBE: "Do you have a 64 bit CPU and you run a 64 OS ?"

YOU: "Sure, I have a shiny new i7 and I use Windows 64 bit"

ADOBE: "Well, you can just download the 64 bit version of Photoshop. You know it's free for all our customers ?"

YOU: "No, I can't switch to 64 bit Photoshop. I have a scanner which I bought during the Reagan administration, that only has 32 bit drivers, they made new scanners but, they cost too much to upgrade. I also bought a plugin from this developer, which has now retired, so he won't upgrade it to 64 bit. I'm stuck with 32 bit"

ADOBE: "I'm sorry but, your Photoshop installation has reached the limit of what a 32 bit application can do."

YOU: "If I said that to my customers, I would lose all my customers in the next hours...I DEMAND you can make Photoshop 32 bit to perform just like the 64 bit version."

That means I can't use any FSDT airport at all?

Obviously not. Restoring default jetways will restore *only* default jetways. We don't use them...
« Last Edit: September 17, 2018, 12:34:45 pm by virtuali »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #468 on: September 17, 2018, 11:46:20 am »
This is the usual sentence I read but you missed one point: People are asking either to fix the problem OR be rolled back to Pre Level 2 Expansion. If he said GSXL2 is P3Dv4 only this would be perfect. We were imposed an update which is not possible for FSX. That’s it.

If you restore default jetways from the GSX Control Panel, GSX L2 is in fact working like basic GSX.

kikigey89

« Reply #469 on: September 17, 2018, 12:26:50 pm »
If you restore default jetways from the GSX Control Panel, GSX L2 is in fact working like basic GSX.

As people said: It does not fix the problem. We don't say it related to Level 2 but to the GSX update.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #470 on: September 17, 2018, 12:33:28 pm »
As people said: It does not fix the problem. We don't say it related to Level 2 but to the GSX update.

Of course it doesn't fix the problem if it was caused by something else. If you remove this folder too:

Addon Manager\Couatl\GSX\DLC.Jetways

The WHOLE code that creates jetways and passengers will be gone, entirely.

ols500

« Reply #471 on: September 17, 2018, 02:18:32 pm »
If it's not gsxs fault and you said it worked for FSX but then we uninstall gsx and get no blurries its clearly gsxs fault not fsx and i understand it cannot be solved so shouldn't any fsx user that thought they could use the product be entitled to a refund or the old gsx? I am going to p3d v4 thankfully but im just thinking for the other fsx users

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #472 on: September 17, 2018, 02:29:11 pm »
I think I understand what's happening with 32 bit: I said I recompiled the 32 bit version too, but I didn't changed the version so, it seems is not being updated by Live Update, because nothing else was different, not even the version, so it skipped the update.

I raised the version just to be sure it will be installed, try Live Update now. The version of the Addon Manager .dll must be 4.5.0.9 after the update. If you have it, you should all set.

Roberto-53

« Reply #473 on: September 17, 2018, 03:05:30 pm »
I have just run the update only DLL 64bit is 4.5.0.9 the DLL 32bit is still 4.5.0.8

Roberto

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #474 on: September 17, 2018, 03:10:37 pm »
I have just run the update only DLL 64bit is 4.5.0.9 the DLL 32bit is still 4.5.0.8

Try again later. We don't have much control over *when* your local Cloudflare server will get the updated file. Well, this is the direct link, bypassing Cloudflare, if you don't want to wait...

http://update.fsdreamteam.com.s3.amazonaws.com/setup/fsdtroot/bglmanx.dll

kikigey89

« Reply #475 on: September 17, 2018, 03:16:53 pm »
It seems to be fixed :-) I'm 10 minutes into flight and usually I could see many blurries by now. Sharp as it should!
In fact before the update both DLLs were at 4.5.0.8. Does that mean I didn't even receive the 64 bit update because my server wasn't up to date when you released that fix?

Roberto-53

« Reply #476 on: September 17, 2018, 03:17:22 pm »
Got it now 4.5.0.9

I will test soon.

I have a question: when couatl get disconnected  from FSX ? passing  10000ft + 250 speed?

Thanks

Roberto

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #477 on: September 17, 2018, 03:34:27 pm »
In fact before the update both DLLs were at 4.5.0.8. Does that mean I didn't even receive the 64 bit update because my server wasn't up to date when you released that fix?

No, the 4.5.0.8 was already good for 64 bit, it's just that I had to change the version in the 32 version to be sure it won't be skipped by the updater so now, I just changed both to be 4.5.0.9, to reduce confusion.
« Last Edit: September 17, 2018, 04:25:29 pm by virtuali »

ols500

« Reply #478 on: September 17, 2018, 03:53:00 pm »
How do i check the dll version? is it gonna be in addon manager folder?

edwardpat

« Reply #479 on: September 17, 2018, 03:56:44 pm »
I'm on P3Dv4.3, run the FSDT Live Update yesterday and my blgmanx.dll is still 4.5.0.8 (dated Sept. 13, 2018). Could I safely download the new version from the link above, or it's just for FSX users?.
« Last Edit: September 17, 2018, 04:25:19 pm by virtuali »