Author Topic: Massive blurries after updating GSX **SOLVED**  (Read 140383 times)

Ankh

Re: Massive blurries after updating GSX
« Reply #450 on: September 17, 2018, 09:49:36 am »
As I never suffered from blurries but from other signs putatively telling me that I was running my sim close to the edge of overloading it, I really wonder what else was related to this bug obviously present since the switch to 64bit. In my case, I had issues with texture loading and autogen. Both are now gone, most surprisingly also the autogen loading late and in patches bug. At least on my flight from LEPA to LSZH yesterday, I had all autogen fully loaded when approaching LSZH with a setting that resultet in no or patchy loading autogen some weeks ago. Overall, I never had such a smooth experience when approaching LSZH, it seems that this little fix really changed a lot. Thanks for this!

Regards
Chris

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #451 on: September 17, 2018, 10:59:14 am »
Any idea why I still get the problem with P3D v3?

Because your blurries were caused by something else. The bug was present only in the 64 bit version of the Addon Manager.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #452 on: September 17, 2018, 10:59:48 am »
Will the update fix FSX?

32 bit version of the program didn't had this bug. If you have blurries in FSX, it's something else.

kikigey89

« Reply #453 on: September 17, 2018, 11:01:19 am »
Any idea why I still get the problem with P3D v3?

Because your blurries were caused by something else. The bug was present only in the 64 bit version of the Addon Manager.

I'm sorry but they were introduced in our sims with the GSX Level 2 Expansion. So it's time to look for another bug in the code  ;)

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #454 on: September 17, 2018, 11:02:24 am »
Right, so could it have caused blurries since the beginning of the 64-bit upgrade of the Add-on Manager?

Only at our airports that used SODE jetways. But, since they were entirely discarded when you flew away from them, it wasn't possible to notice it. But now, since we are placing jetways everywhere, it finally came out.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #455 on: September 17, 2018, 11:06:25 am »
The fix didnt help for me. My cpu still hits 70 to 99% while using P3D v4. My computer never hits more than 50% using P3D and my FSGlobal textures are suffering as well. I'm getting day and night textures at night and water mixed into ground textures. I uninstalled after the blurry textures and once I reinstalled after the update it went from blurry to broken, spotted textures. Is there a way to completely get rid of the passengers (trail mode) so I can enjoy my sim again.

This fix obviously fixed ONLY the problem which was caused by the Addon Manager bug. It cannot magically fix blurries caused by something else and, *everybody* knows blurries were ALREADY a problem, way before the GSX L2 release.

Your problems now are something else entirely.

kikigey89

« Reply #456 on: September 17, 2018, 11:10:29 am »
Your problems now are something else entirely.

You said the same before more and more people were complaining and at some point you were able to reproduce them.

So when we are 20 people here (more on other forums) that say that our blurries started when we installed the latest GSX (we all had no blurries before), then GSX *must* have something to do with it, or another thing like Couatl or Addon Manager.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #457 on: September 17, 2018, 11:13:20 am »
I got to say I’ve been pulling my hair out with blurries since even before GSX lvl 2 but now after this update it seems it was the silver bullet. I wonder if the Manager was the culprit I never guessed in a million years it was GSX before level 2.

No need to wonder. We confirmed the problem WAS an Addon Manager bug, which is now fixed. We ALWAYS admit when a problem is in our software and, more importantly, we always fix it, and very fast.

It's just this one required to fill the simulator to its max capacity before it could be noticed. It couldn't possibly happen with the default scenery because, when the simulator runs at 30% CPU utilization, and only on the 1st core (typical for a default install), if something takes more processing power than it should, you won't noticed it when you have some much spare power from the unused cores.

But if the sim is already closer to full utilization, which happens if you install ten of thousands of files of complex autogen/vector/lc addons, you don't have any headroom for mistakes, so everything else must be as optimized as possible.

DreamSkywards

« Reply #458 on: September 17, 2018, 11:16:03 am »
The thing is none of the folks I saw mentioned anything about the $. Their argument was that they did not want to leave FS2004/FSX because it was a "stable" platform. Hence why I don't understand. P3D is as stable as a sim can possibly be.
« Last Edit: September 17, 2018, 11:20:50 am by virtuali »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #459 on: September 17, 2018, 11:18:00 am »
I'm sorry but they were introduced in our sims with the GSX Level 2 Expansion. So it's time to look for another bug in the code  ;)

No, they weren't. The 32 bit version never had this problem to begin with. We recompiled it and put it online anyway, just to be sure, so it's 100% aligned to the 64 bit versions but sorry, this is not open to discussion.

If you still have blurries with FSX, and you think they were caused by installing GSX Level 2, I thing the problem is more trivial: your FSX has reached the limit of its capabilities (I hope you didn't assume they were "infinite"), and JUST adding replacement jetways moved it over its breaking point.

You still have the option to restore default jetways, of course. Passengers will still be there on open parkings, and if you customize a single 3rd airport, it shouldn't affect your flying elsewhere.
« Last Edit: September 17, 2018, 11:20:21 am by virtuali »

kikigey89

« Reply #460 on: September 17, 2018, 11:22:10 am »
I'm on P3D v3 and if you follow the thread, I tried my best to help you narrow down the problem as I'm a commercial software developer, too. None of the fixes helped, the only way to avoid the problem is by not using any GSX service at all (also no pushback). The only thing I can do now is to offer my system as a test bed to find the problem.
« Last Edit: September 17, 2018, 11:22:45 am by virtuali »

kikigey89

« Reply #461 on: September 17, 2018, 11:24:06 am »
The thing is none of the folks I saw mentioned anything about the $. Their argument was that they did not want to leave FS2004/FSX because it was a "stable" platform. Hence why I don't understand. P3D is as stable as a sim can possibly be.

Well the same problem happens on P3D v3. I don't know many people that are on v4 yet, it's also a matter of time. No "real" simmer has only 5 addons installed.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #462 on: September 17, 2018, 11:25:02 am »
I'm on P3D v3

Doesn't make any difference, it's exactly the same as FSX regarding this matter.

[I tried my best to help you narrow down the problem as I'm a commercial software developer, too. None of the fixes helped, the only way to avoid the problem is by not using any GSX service at all (also no pushback). The only thing I can do now is to offer my system as a test bed to find the problem.

There's nothing to test. The 32 bit version of the software wasn't affected by this bug so, again, your problem it's just that, adding GSX L2 to your already overstuffed installation, has reached the limit of what a 32 bit simulator can do.

As I've said, you still have the option to restore default jetways, of course. Passengers will still be there on open parkings, and if you customize a single 3rd airport, it shouldn't affect your flying elsewhere.

You can try using the 1K/2K replacement jetway textures too so, it's not is that you don't have options.
« Last Edit: September 17, 2018, 11:26:37 am by virtuali »

kikigey89

« Reply #463 on: September 17, 2018, 11:30:58 am »
There's nothing to test. The 32 bit version of the software wasn't affected by this bug so, again, your problem it's just that, adding GSX L2 to your already overstuffed installation, has reached the limit of what a 32 bit simulator can do.

If I said that to my customers, I would lose all my customers in the next hours...

As I've said, you still have the option to restore default jetways, of course. Passengers will still be there on open parkings, and if you customize a single 3rd airport, it shouldn't affect your flying elsewhere.

That means I can't use any FSDT airport at all?

DreamSkywards

« Reply #464 on: September 17, 2018, 11:35:13 am »
P3D is a software under continuous developpement. A new v4.X version comes almost every few months. Devs. prefer keeping up with the software and enjoy the benefits each new version brings. It's up to the customer to follow.