Author Topic: Massive blurries after updating GSX **SOLVED**  (Read 140593 times)

Roberto-53

Re: Massive blurries after updating GSX
« Reply #405 on: September 16, 2018, 11:14:03 am »
The latest update unfortunatly doesn't work on FSX , still Blurries  :'( :'(

Roberto

kikigey89

« Reply #406 on: September 16, 2018, 11:15:26 am »
The latest update unfortunatly doesn't work on FSX , still Blurries  :'( :'(

Roberto

That's good news for me, that means I'm not alone with my blurries of P3D v3 (32 bit). It seems to have solved the problem for the guys with 64 bit P3D v4 though.

ols500

« Reply #407 on: September 16, 2018, 11:16:08 am »
Still blurries for fsx  :-\

ols500

« Reply #408 on: September 16, 2018, 11:16:50 am »
i hope us last fsx users don't have to suffer (going to p3d v4 soon so it's not that bad!)

DreamSkywards

« Reply #409 on: September 16, 2018, 11:46:39 am »
You would be surprised to see how many people still cling onto FS2004, let alone FSX.

cjhffm

« Reply #410 on: September 16, 2018, 12:06:40 pm »
You would be surprised to see how many people still cling onto FS2004, let alone FSX.

Yes.. if it's a question of $$$, I can understand them. Otherwise there is absolutely no reason to stick to FSX anymore.

JRBarrett

« Reply #411 on: September 16, 2018, 12:35:36 pm »
Did you find something that might be causing the problems?

Yes, I managed to connect to one of our testers that has everything from OrbX installed, made several tests, and we were finally able to see the blurries! They couldn't possibly appear with the default scenery but, with the added load caused by the ginormous number of files added by OrbX, allowed to see the problem.

And yes, it was entirely MY fault: when porting the Addon Manager code from FSX to P3D4, the most difficult part wasn't porting to 64 bit, that was easy, but rewriting lots of code to support Unicode. A single function wasn't converted correctly, and that slowed down the file access, but it could be noticed only if the simulator was already overloaded by other addons.

And no, Couatl and GSX didn't had anything to do with it...it was just a single line of code in the Addon Manager which I overlooked.

Excellent news! I have P3D 4.3, and do indeed have Orbx Global textures, NA Landclass and Vector. The global textures probably don’t add any additional load, but I’m sure that Landclass and Vector do.

I just re-flew the flight to KDTW that was causing major performance problems, and it worked perfectly with the new Addon Manager. Thank you for your diligent efforts to get to the bottom of this problem.

ols500

« Reply #412 on: September 16, 2018, 12:39:15 pm »
Can the team fix the issue with fsx?  :P

ols500

« Reply #413 on: September 16, 2018, 12:43:10 pm »
Did you find something that might be causing the problems?

Yes, I managed to connect to one of our testers that has everything from OrbX installed, made several tests, and we were finally able to see the blurries! They couldn't possibly appear with the default scenery but, with the added load caused by the ginormous number of files added by OrbX, allowed to see the problem.

And yes, it was entirely MY fault: when porting the Addon Manager code from FSX to P3D4, the most difficult part wasn't porting to 64 bit, that was easy, but rewriting lots of code to support Unicode. A single function wasn't converted correctly, and that slowed down the file access, but it could be noticed only if the simulator was already overloaded by other addons.

And no, Couatl and GSX didn't had anything to do with it...it was just a single line of code in the Addon Manager which I overlooked.

it isn't over yet... still doesn't work for FSX

Excellent news! I have P3D 4.3, and do indeed have Orbx Global textures, NA Landclass and Vector. The global textures probably don’t add any additional load, but I’m sure that Landclass and Vector do.

I just re-flew the flight to KDTW that was causing major performance problems, and it worked perfectly with the new Addon Manager. Thank you for your diligent efforts to get to the bottom of this problem.

Terblanche

« Reply #414 on: September 16, 2018, 12:46:43 pm »
Please run the FSDT Live Update now. I'm confident it should work much better now.

Looks ok on my side. Thank you!  :)  :-*

WHAO! wHaO ... good work and well done!
Do we need to reinstall or just run LIVE UPDATE ...?
Terblanche Jordaan

cjhffm

« Reply #415 on: September 16, 2018, 01:04:48 pm »
Please run the FSDT Live Update now. I'm confident it should work much better now.

Looks ok on my side. Thank you!  :)  :-*

WHAO! wHaO ... good work and well done!
Do we need to reinstall or just run LIVE UPDATE ...?

I just ran Live Update, and it worked!

ols500

« Reply #416 on: September 16, 2018, 01:07:29 pm »
 ???

ols500

« Reply #417 on: September 16, 2018, 01:10:16 pm »
If it's still an issue for fsx, maybe it should have been been called "p3d v4" only

ols500

« Reply #418 on: September 16, 2018, 01:32:50 pm »
i wanna fly  :(

Wise87

Massive blurries after updating GSX
« Reply #419 on: September 16, 2018, 01:46:58 pm »
i wanna fly  😞

ols500
You made like 8 postings in the last two hours. I think they get the message. Even FSDT needs to sleep seeing they were up pretty late from the earlier post working and fixing the problem. The update came out around midnight EST in the US so I know for FSDT in Europe it was extremely late for them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk