Author Topic: Massive blurries after updating GSX **SOLVED**  (Read 140376 times)

kikigey89

Re: Massive blurries after updating GSX
« Reply #360 on: September 15, 2018, 07:56:45 pm »
Do you know what a RAM Disk is? You use a certain part on your RAM as a hard drive. Access times are way shorter than a SSD, you typically use this for your most often used sceneries. The only drawback is, a script needs to copy sceneries to the drive each time after startup, because of course the RAM gets lost after shutdown. I made tests, loading times of sceneries are around 4 times shorter than with my SSD.

Before you ask: I tested it also without RAM Disk, it doesn't affect the blurries issue.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #361 on: September 15, 2018, 08:05:22 pm »
Do you know what a RAM Disk is? You use a certain part on your RAM as a hard drive. Access times are way shorter than a SSD

I know very well what a RAM disk is, using them since the 80s when you use to configure RAMDRIVE.SYS in your CONFIG.SYS file.

However, while a RAM disk is faster than an SSD, that's besides the point. You implied with a RAM drive you could make use of all your memory with a 32 bit application, as if it were real memory. It's not: because, as you said yourself, is like an "hard-drive", so each since file access will have to go through the normal Windows NTFS fileystem, with the same overhead of directory access, opening/closing files, etc. Real memory, only possible with 64 bit apps, it's another thing entirely.

So yes, maybe 32 GB on a 32 bit app is not *entirely* useless, but it's still a waste, and not a replacement for a 32 bit apps. And a ram disk won't save you from OOMs, of course.

But this is really off topic. Please stay on the thread subject.

kikigey89

« Reply #362 on: September 15, 2018, 08:12:38 pm »
I think you didn't get what I meant initially. You are 100% right, I never said it has something to do with the RAM the application can use. You said 32 GB are useless on a 32 bit application. Well that's true regarding the RAM itself (the space the app gets) but not concerning the RAM Disk. RAM got so cheap, so why buying 16 GB when you get 32 GB for 20 more bucks?

So I simply assigned 16 GB as a RAM Disk where I put my most often used sceneries on. The "only" advantage is that the sceneries are loading way faster (the ones on the RAM Disk) because P3D can access the files faster. I never said I don't get OOMs (I got OOMs last year with that Nvidia driver memory leak) and I never said P3D gets more than those magic 3.x GB of VAS. My point was just that 32 GB are not useless ;-)

mertayd1n

« Reply #363 on: September 15, 2018, 08:15:10 pm »
I have not seen a change.
« Last Edit: September 15, 2018, 08:16:26 pm by virtuali »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #364 on: September 15, 2018, 08:18:04 pm »
I have not seen a change.

Nothing, as in ZERO difference ? That's odd. The only possible explanation of not seeing any difference, is that code was already very well optimized, that optimizing it further results in improvements that cannot be appreciated.

yvesamuel

« Reply #365 on: September 15, 2018, 08:56:29 pm »
Hi,

I have disabled all FSDT sceneries via addon manager in P3D

I did a flight this afternoon LFPG (Taxi2gate), just using jetwasys, but no assenger loading to KIAD. My route arrived over USA over JFK. Dpetarture from LFPG and flight over south of UK without any problem.
Just when I arrived over JFK, P3D stuck for about 7 minutes, with CPU usage about 100%, goeing down to 85, then up to 100. After this, no blurries.
About 60 miles after JFK, just before my TOD, second stop of P3D, very less CPU usage (about 60 to 65%), and after this stop, blurries....
Memory usage 8 to 10Go (I have 32Go)

I also think there is a problem of memory, because the blurries appear exactly as they appered in the 32bits version of P3D.
Next test : I went to the scenery library, unchked a scenery, far away from KIAD, and Oh surprise, got a perfect scenery after that... Just on fianl at this time.

Yves from ELLX

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #366 on: September 15, 2018, 09:00:21 pm »

Nobody suggested to do this. I've posted many suggestions, but not this one. The thing that *seems* to be common about this problem, is having used SODE jetways. Do you see any difference if you restore default jetways with the GSX Control Panel ?

Have you tried the updated .DLLs I posted earlier ?

Daniel Kamer

« Reply #367 on: September 15, 2018, 09:09:17 pm »
Just unisntalled GSX completely and the blurries still occur...

yvesamuel

« Reply #368 on: September 15, 2018, 09:18:22 pm »
I only used the sode jetways provided on LFPG. No others.
I run a live update at noon, just before begining my flight.
Correction : after landing, pour textures, black IA planes and black GSX trucks...
« Last Edit: September 15, 2018, 09:20:07 pm by yvesamuel »

Papacoach

« Reply #369 on: September 15, 2018, 09:20:14 pm »

The thing that *seems* to be common about this problem, is having used SODE jetways.

Not necessarily. My issues are related to airports that GSX has been used to modify in some way or are fsdt produced, even if the default jetways are restored and even if i don't trigger anything GSX related at all.

Trying the new dll.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #370 on: September 15, 2018, 09:31:47 pm »
Just unisntalled GSX completely and the blurries still occur...

Have you also replied YES to the question "Do you want to remove the Addon Manager ?" That would remove our software entirely from the system.

yvesamuel

« Reply #371 on: September 15, 2018, 09:35:48 pm »
Just updated : dll for today 14:57 and 15:20
I will reactivate fsdt sceneries

Will try a night flight..

Daniel Kamer

« Reply #372 on: September 15, 2018, 09:41:00 pm »
Have you also replied YES to the question "Do you want to remove the Addon Manager ?" That would remove our software entirely from the system.

I relpied "No" Because I have other FSDT products installed. Do you suggest uninstalling everything including the addon manager?

I tried the new .dll file but no success.
« Last Edit: September 15, 2018, 09:42:47 pm by Daniel Kamer »

mertayd1n

« Reply #373 on: September 15, 2018, 09:53:53 pm »
Sorry, new .dll looks like this

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #374 on: September 15, 2018, 10:01:47 pm »
I relpied "No" Because I have other FSDT products installed. Do you suggest uninstalling everything including the addon manager?

Just disable it from the Options->Add-on menu.