Author Topic: Massive blurries after updating GSX **SOLVED**  (Read 140705 times)

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Massive blurries after updating GSX
« Reply #300 on: September 15, 2018, 09:35:56 am »
disabling GSX jetways: no blurries at all

Another two conflicting reports, see here post #294 from Ken:

http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php/topic,18564.msg130551.html#msg130551

Tried the solution provided, clearing the shaders cache, disable RTT, restore to default jetways, lowering texture quality. Nothing worked...

Which is highly frustrating. The more reports we are getting, the more it seems that for SOME users like you, replacement jetways might be the problem, but in Ken's case, it might be something else entirely.

cjhffm

« Reply #301 on: September 15, 2018, 09:39:54 am »
Which is highly frustrating. The more reports we are getting, the more it seems that for SOME users like you, replacement jetways might be the problem, but in Ken's case, it might be something else entirely.

Frustrating indeed, but this is definitely the trigger for blurries in my case
« Last Edit: September 15, 2018, 09:42:14 am by virtuali »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #302 on: September 15, 2018, 09:41:56 am »
Where is the 2k, 1k jetways? I would like to test it. My blurries are very selective, they only appear with GSX jetways.. I can take off from any airport such as LFPG with like 50 sode jetways but I can't do the same in SBSP wich I put only 1 GSX sode jetway.. How is that possible? It has to be a reason...

If texture size are the issue, fact an airport has 50 jetways (which are likely using the same textures) won't be a problem if they are small. A couple of users tried reducing the texture size themselves, and reported no change.

However, if you want to try, here's two sets of textures at 1K and 2K for the default replacement jetway, and all the Thyssen-Krupp Steel family:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/l7w5e34pm2684qr/jetways_TB_2k.zip?dl=0

https://www.dropbox.com/s/xkhh6tadkstvqdf/Jetways_TB_1K.zip?dl=0

Place either set into this folder:

Addon Manager\Simobjects\Misc\FSDT_SODE_Jetway_static\TEXTURE

ols500

« Reply #303 on: September 15, 2018, 10:04:47 am »
When I "restore default Jetways" my blurries go away.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #304 on: September 15, 2018, 10:10:04 am »
When I "restore default Jetways" my blurries go away.

That's precisely my point, it's clearly different for everybody, see last post here:

http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php/topic,18564.msg130575.html#msg130575

ols500

« Reply #305 on: September 15, 2018, 10:20:10 am »
Ok i will try 1k texture

Pastflight

« Reply #306 on: September 15, 2018, 11:09:56 am »
Hi Umberto
This is my test
Airport ZWWW (Default) Gate 9 PMDG737-800
T / O Rwy07 imm right hdg 180 then VOR 115.70 R160 outbound FL150
After 25-30 minutes:
1) Jetway GSX2 activated and used (At least hook and release) blurries
2) Jetway GSX2 activated and NOT used NO blurries
3) Jetway default NO blurries

Cache shader and scenery index clean
RTT disabled

Greetings

Luigi - PVI Italy

kikigey89

« Reply #307 on: September 15, 2018, 11:14:07 am »
Just to clarify it again: When I reported deleting the folders solved my issue, I was testing at KIAH. When I tested it at EDDK with the folders removed, the issue occurred. So basically that trick did not resolve the blurries.
It seems to me to be related to the jetways at the departure airport (as many people including myself already reported).

enabling GSXjetways:
 1. using jetways or pushback at parking spot with jetways: just after starting these actions, texture loading of AI aircracft very slow, micro stutters, few minutes after take-off blurries appear

That is quite interesting because we may can narrow down the moment it happens (hence the things in the code which happen). I also had the idea that the cause of the issue starts earlier, just because it has the area around the airport already loaded, we only see it later when P3D wants to load something new (like sharper textures, autogen, other sceneries).

disabling GSX jetways: no blurries at all

Another two conflicting reports, see here post #294 from Ken:

http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php/topic,18564.msg130551.html#msg130551

Tried the solution provided, clearing the shaders cache, disable RTT, restore to default jetways, lowering texture quality. Nothing worked...

I'm commercial software developer, too, and I experienced a lot of very weird things in my career. In my view we should follow the people who can narrow it down to a certain moment. At least for those people we have precise clues of the moment it is happening. Maybe the other users have a totally different cause, maybe it's the same cause, just do to different systems specs it appears differently. There are a lot of things in the background that can go wrong in many different ways.

kikigey89

« Reply #308 on: September 15, 2018, 11:16:07 am »
2) Jetway GSX2 activated and NOT used NO blurries

Did you do a pushback with GSX or did you depart without any GSX request/service?

Pastflight

« Reply #309 on: September 15, 2018, 11:22:52 am »
Hi,
Without push back and no any GSX request except Operate Jetway to speed up the test
Greetings
Luigi - PVI Italy
« Last Edit: September 15, 2018, 11:51:21 am by Pastflight »

ols500

« Reply #310 on: September 15, 2018, 12:19:16 pm »
You do not get blurries if you have GSX installed +level 2 and don't use it, but if you use GSX you get blurries

Roberto-53

« Reply #311 on: September 15, 2018, 12:38:28 pm »
First of all Ciao to everybody,

I am on FSX-Stem under win10 and GSX L2 intalled. Unfortunatly I am experienced massive blurries and FSX freezes.

I have done 3) test flights to undestand if the blurr was due to my fsx setup, of course i deleted from couatl KFLL and KDFW(demo) as requested.

I disableed all non stardard airport and everything not related to Europe (I use Simstarter) to avoid any OOM and to be lite on scenery complexity.

I install only 1 GSX L2 jetway at EIDW gate 302, PMDG 737 was the airplaner used.

Take off from 28 then 360° turn to be able to reach the famous 10000 feet still in the airport range to check for blurr with all the airport texture still loaded, then heading east vs Wales over 60 miles of water to provide same relief to the system in terms of loading textures.

1) Start at Gate 302 (the one with the GSX L2 jetway) didn't use any GSX facility and didn't dock the jetway.
   No Blurries everything fine, stop the test when reaching France.

2) Start at Gate 301 (No jetway) used GSX boarding and Pushback (used only 20 passenger but was nice watching them going from the bus to the aiplane)
   No Blurries everything fine, stop the test when reaching France.

3) Start at Gate 302 used GSX only to dock and undock the GSX L2 jetway, no memory of fps impact.
   Blurries starts around 10000 feet but I was still in the airport range. Then I was over the water toward Wales. I was monitor the VAS and all memory allocated to the airport was correctly realeased at this point Couatl should have been already disconnected GSX. When I reach Wales cost the first terrain texture were fine but after a few seconds every starts the blurries ... massive blurries and FSX start to get mad!!!

What to says?!
For me the GSX L2 docking system has problem, same how keeps loading the CPU in such a way that the CPU cannot fullfile the usual tasks.

I have a question.... sorry for say that Virtuali... but ... are you sure that you have not adopted some software protection to avoid people to steal GSX L2 sode parameters and it keeps running overloading our CPUs?

Regards, Roberto

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #312 on: September 15, 2018, 12:51:09 pm »
Just a quick question, do you have the whole simulator folder excluded from the antivirus, in addition to the Addon Manager folder ?

And, if you have other sceneries installed outside the simulator, for example in a big separate drive, have you disabled these folders from antivirus scanning as well ?

That's how I always run my sim and, some users a while ago reported extremely slow loading time of our files (the airport cache regeneration taking several minutes instead of seconds).

It might be worth checking.

kikigey89

« Reply #313 on: September 15, 2018, 12:52:46 pm »
I have a separate FS computer without any antivirus.

ols500

« Reply #314 on: September 15, 2018, 01:02:05 pm »
Same the antivirus has Nothing to do with the issue, i think this guy is right:

What do you guys think?
« Last Edit: September 15, 2018, 01:03:01 pm by virtuali »