Author Topic: Massive blurries after updating GSX **SOLVED**  (Read 140596 times)

Pirateinparadise

Re: Massive blurries after updating GSX
« Reply #30 on: September 09, 2018, 10:40:12 pm »
I just ran into the same problem. I just bought GSXL2 yesterday.

I have a saved flight from Baltimore (KBWI) to Boston (KBOS) that I fly all the time because it is relatively short. I flew it last week with no problems. I was using it to test my new GSXL2 install. Everything is fine until I get past NYC and am about to start my descent. Everything on the ground turns into a dull wash of green. I made it to final approach and the airport looked like it was built with shadows. FSX completely crashed. I shutdown the computer and left for a while. When I got back, I tried the flight again. At approximately the same point in the flight, everything started getting blurry again. I just uninstalled L2 and was going to try the flight again, but I'm getting an error starting FSX now that is telling me to run the stand alone add on manager install. I came on here to download it, and spotted this thread.

I'll keep testing and see if I can get screen captures that show it.

To be clear, the problem does not show up on the ground at the start of the flight. It happens gradually throughout the flight.
The drinking rum on the beach kind. Not the software stealing kind.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #31 on: September 09, 2018, 10:46:38 pm »
To be clear, the problem does not show up on the ground at the start of the flight. It happens gradually throughout the flight.

Here's a video made by another user on Avsim, showing a 2-hour flight from FSDT KSDF to Flightbeam KMSP: the scenery is still sharp at the end of the flight:

https://www.avsim.com/forums/topic/541722-blurries-out-of-nowhere/?do=findComment&comment=3894594

Quoting:

FPS did not take a hit with GSX2.  Everything was fine I thought with GSX2.

Papacoach

« Reply #32 on: September 09, 2018, 10:50:56 pm »
Umberto, To insinuate that your system is maintained better than those of your customer's is somewhat out of touch. Many of your most loyal customers are tech savvy too. As I've said before, I support your innovation. However, I do have trouble reconciling your demeanor at times. I'm sure you mean well, but you quickly become defensive... We are looking for a solution, not to place blame. There appears to be a common denominator in GSX.

As mentioned by another, I don't have issues sitting at the airport, so the videos you posted really don't help much. Please take the PMDG 747 to KSDF or KMEM, load a flightplan and capture a video of the flight. If your flight doesn't produce what many of us are experiencing your argument will have much more merit. Wouldn't you agree?
« Last Edit: September 09, 2018, 11:03:00 pm by virtuali »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #33 on: September 09, 2018, 11:03:10 pm »
To insinuate that your system is maintained better than those of your customer's is somewhat out of touch

I only showed how it works here, so prove GSX DOES work. That doesn't imply anything else.

Many of your most loyal customers are tech savvy too.

And if they are, they'll surely start looking into their system to understand what's wrong, thanks to the useful hint I just gave them about showing how GSX CAN work.

I'm sure you mean well, but you quickly become defensive... We are looking for a solution, not to place blame.

That's precisely why I haven't limited to arguing. I haven't argued AT ALL. What I did was

1) Reliving users reports, which means taking the time to try, record a video and post it. If I was "defensive", I wouldn't do that, and would rely on arguing.

AND

2) Offering some ideas about the AffinityMask, for example. This becase, of course, I BELIEVED user's report, which discussed about high CPU utilization.

There appears to be a common denominator in GSX.

The common denominator might as well be:

- Some other software they have, and I don't

- Some settings they have, and I don't

- Some other software, even non flight-sim related they have, and I don't.

[qutoe]As mentioned by another, I don't have issues sitting at the airport, so the videos you posted really don't help much.[/quote]

Since you said it happens only after a while, I posted a link to a 2 HOURS video made by another user on Avsim, showing a 2-hour flight from FSDT KSDF to Flightbeam KMSP: with the scenery still sharp, even at the end of the flight.

AirBorne

« Reply #34 on: September 09, 2018, 11:49:26 pm »
Do you have a test plan for the products that you release? I mean, are the products tested by beta testers that in fact *do use* other softwares? Because it looked like you don't, and to me this is a huge issue, considering that 99% of the flight simulation community do use other softwares from other developers other than FSDT.

And yes, I'm having severe blurry issues after having to install the GSX update (which I would not otherwise, I don't even plan on buying the extension) in a rig that was running perfectly balanced before that.
« Last Edit: September 09, 2018, 11:53:44 pm by virtuali »

Aussie123

• Very happy GSX2 User
« Reply #35 on: September 09, 2018, 11:54:40 pm »
I don't want to put my oar in where it is not wanted but:
I don't think Umberto is being given everything he needs. Everyone is mentioning CPU speed/capacity and GPU percentages but haven't mentioned their base Memory capacity and speed and usage (or often which version of FSX or P3d) they are using. (along with the complex scenery package they are using along the way).
I notice that the videos provided, show Memory usage at the airport of 11 Gb.
Some questions, observations:
 Some people with issues may not have that much base memory? Does FSX handle that much memory? Is it a greater usage amount at an airport with GSX installed than GSX2? Once airborne, does more of GSX2 remain in memory leaving less space for developing scenery? If there then is a shortage of memory and does the CPU and GPU speed up to transfer scenery in and out?
Personally, when I start noticing the scenery development is not catching up, (If I have been X2 speeding up or flying high speed, low, over a nice scenery package) I just pause the P3D v4.3 and watch. Everything catches up in about 15 seconds and I am on my way again. I recognise it is a limit of the combined system I have. My memory chips are DDR3 at 2200 so I assume it is they that are my limiting factor.
My 2 cents worth. Not meaning to create offence.
Aussie
Prosim-AR B738 user on P3d V6

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #36 on: September 09, 2018, 11:56:55 pm »
Do you have a test plan for the products that you release? I mean, are the products tested by beta testers that in fact *do use* other softwares?

Obviously YES. Some of our testers are very well known reviewers, that have installed all sort of add-ons (which they usually get for free), some of them are renowned hardware experts AND testers for other developers products too, so they routinely install beta and potentially unstable software together with our stuff.

cjhffm

« Reply #37 on: September 09, 2018, 11:58:43 pm »
Having exactly the same problem here - completely blurry scenery after around 30 minutes, specifically an ORBX area (Germany South) - but in fact textures on all scenery incl. airports and autogen don't load at all any more. The aircraft texture also doesn't load correctly. It's definitely something that happened after GSX level 2 was installed as I never had this problem prior to this.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #38 on: September 10, 2018, 12:02:23 am »
A simple thing to try:

All GSX jetway textures (which are NOT loaded when you are flying, of course), are 4K. Maybe, depending on how many other addons you have installed, how high your settings are and how MUCH VRAM you have, you might be close to VRAM exhaustion.

So, you might just want to try lowering the maximum texture size to 1024x1024 ( the 3rd to last notch in the Max Texture Size slider in FSX ), and see if it improves things.

cjhffm

« Reply #39 on: September 10, 2018, 12:06:09 am »
I'll try this (reducing texture size to 1024) but, to be honest, I was on 2048 before and never a problem. But I'll try anything as it's really annoying.

Pirateinparadise

« Reply #40 on: September 10, 2018, 12:13:31 am »
I ran the stand alone add on manager and was able to start FSX. GSX was not shown in the menu, couatl was still present.

The flight completed as usual no texture or performance abnormalities whatsoever.

I will reinstall GSXL2 and try again....
« Last Edit: September 10, 2018, 12:14:19 am by virtuali »
The drinking rum on the beach kind. Not the software stealing kind.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #41 on: September 10, 2018, 12:16:06 am »
I ran the stand alone add on manager and was able to start FSX. GSX was not shown in the menu, couatl was still present.

You mean you Uninstalled GSX and reinstalled only the Stand-Alone Addon Manager ?

The flight completed as usual no texture or performance abnormalities whatsoever.

That at least confirm it's NOT the software modules that cause the problem because, when you install the Stand-Alone Addon Manager, both the Addon Manager and Couatl are loaded and in memory.

Darcy13

« Reply #42 on: September 10, 2018, 12:19:41 am »
reduced to 1024 and still got blurries.  tried the solution on avsim and still getting  blurries.  I may have to delete gsx now so I can fly again.

too bad.  It looked good.

Darcy

cjhffm

« Reply #43 on: September 10, 2018, 12:21:41 am »
reducing to 1024 textures hasn't helped.

I've noticed a few other things:

- when I click "restart couatl", it disappears from the add-ons menu and a blank dialogue box appears with no text. In other words, it doesn't restart. After that, I can't use SODE anymore either.
- the problem with textures disappearing and/or loading extremely slowly seems to be MUCH worse at dusk or at night - in other words, whenever lighting is involved.

By the way, my problems all happen when using the FSL Airbus (so far, I've only been using this plane with GSX L2).

Can anyone replicate these things?

Chris

etops

« Reply #44 on: September 10, 2018, 12:41:54 am »
That's funny, I did at least 5 flights using GSX2 whitout any problems with blurries, but today I'm also getting this problem.. Yesterday I've flown PMDG 777 and 737, FSL A320 and Ifly 737. All went fine, but this morning I load up a flight with FSL A320 and I get massive blurries and my autogen doesn't work anymore.. The only thing that's changed today was that this time I've departed from a airport that I changed about 15 jetways and land on an airport that GSX changed the default jetways. On yesterday flights I used airports with default SODE or without jetways.

Also, my FSL A320 is not working properly with GSX2. I start my flights on GPU and Air, as soon as I operate the jetway the GSX2 unplug my GPU and Air and leave me in the dark.. Very annoing! And It also doen't let me usig external air and AC anymore when the Jetway is connected.
« Last Edit: September 10, 2018, 12:44:30 am by etops »