Author Topic: Massive blurries after updating GSX **SOLVED**  (Read 140619 times)

etops

Re: Massive blurries after updating GSX
« Reply #285 on: September 15, 2018, 12:35:36 am »
Where is the 2k, 1k jetways? I would like to test it. My blurries are very selective, they only appear with GSX jetways.. I can take off from any airport such as LFPG with like 50 sode jetways but I can't do the same in SBSP wich I put only 1 GSX sode jetway.. How is that possible? It has to be a reason..

DrumsArt

« Reply #286 on: September 15, 2018, 12:40:07 am »
I just started with GSX2. Like many I also have the blurry problem in P3Dv4.3 and FSX (I tested to see if there was a difference). I have no FSDT airport.

-What I have noted in various tests is blurries only occur when I used a Jetway before a flight.

-If I don't use jetways the flight happens without blurries.

-I did the tests with the same KPDX/KGEG flight plan.

-ORBX Global, Open LC NA, Open LC Europe, Vector, Ezca2, AS for P3Dv4/AS16, Little Navmap, FSUIPC 5.14 (bought), Open Hardware Monitor. Config in my signature.

Thank you and Regards,

Richard
« Last Edit: September 15, 2018, 01:08:26 am by DrumsArt »
Richard Portier
MAXIMUS VI FORMULA|Intel® Core™ i7-4770K CPU Oc @ 4.5GHz x8|NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080ti|M16GB|Windows10 PRO 64|Fsx Accel|P3Dv4.1|TrackIr5|Saitek ProFlight Yoke + Quadrant + Rudder Pedal|Thrustmaster Warthog A10|GSX|ORBX

cjhffm

« Reply #287 on: September 15, 2018, 12:47:06 am »
Where is the 2k, 1k jetways? I would like to test it. My blurries are very selective, they only appear with GSX jetways.. I can take off from any airport such as LFPG with like 50 sode jetways but I can't do the same in SBSP wich I put only 1 GSX sode jetway.. How is that possible? It has to be a reason..

Yeah, if I restore default jetways or fly from an airport without GSX jetways, everything is fine again. Perfectly crisp textures.

AirBorne

« Reply #288 on: September 15, 2018, 01:58:00 am »
You have to consider that things are more complicated than that. There's no guarantee that every test performed by the users are standardized: what if the ones who reported not having the issue (or not anymore) made the right test? What if the've flown a city-pair that's not affected by the bug?
Also, I'd like to understand what is the point of removing those FSTD airports, if I fly another city-pair away from them, how could they be the cause of the issue if you told that when one is far away from the airports/objects they're not loaded into memory whatsoever?
« Last Edit: September 15, 2018, 09:00:28 am by virtuali »

virtualstuff

« Reply #289 on: September 15, 2018, 02:46:35 am »
Unfortunately this users test with stuff that has already issues with blurriness ;-) ORBX Barcelona ;-)

Ok tested again today from a fresh downloaded FSDT LSGG and FT EHAM and now with EZDOK instead of chaseplane...
Start of the flight including GSX 2 stuff wend fine, however approaching EHAM I had one blurry mesh not the normal blurriness but just the whole sim timed out...
Stutters when overflying airports with default jetways huh, never had this before it seems there is some sort of memory leak here at play...
Maybe the combo FSLABS A319 and GSX... Going to test tomorrow with another aircraft same flight...  
« Last Edit: September 15, 2018, 09:00:44 am by virtuali »

Captain Kevin

• Beta tester
  • Captain Kevin
    • Captain Kevin
« Reply #290 on: September 15, 2018, 03:08:54 am »
In doing some testing today, I find that, on my system at least, I don't get any blurries at all if I don't use the GSX jetway or pushback.  Once I connect and retract the jetway, OR use the GSX pushback, I get blurries on that flight every single time.
This is what I have noticed when I tested all afternoon. No matter what steps I've tried that I've found in this thread, nothing seemed to solve it, and in each case, I was always pushing back from gate 36 at JFK Terminal 4 via GSX. By 30 minutes into the flight, there was no hope for the textures, it was just completely blurry. Only when I started the flight from runway 4L and took off straight away did I manage to fly without having issues with the texture being blurry.
Captain Kevin

CzarWilkins

« Reply #291 on: September 15, 2018, 03:56:08 am »
Sadly today I got the blurries problem.... even after the update.  Still works to be done :) :) :)

w6kd

« Reply #292 on: September 15, 2018, 04:21:19 am »
Tried that, doesn't happen here.

I'm loading the following sceneries, one after the other. This is how much time took to load each one, from pressing OK after selecting the ICAO, two the end of the entire loading process, when airport loaded completely:

Oddly, I was able to recreate the same sequence you show in the video without issue.  But then if I go to KJFK, spot 803, after LSZH, I still get the same lockup at 36% on the loading progress with 5 of the 8 LPs (the main thread on LP0 and all four of the texture/terrain LPs 4-7) at 100%.  I never see the entire CPU at 100%, but watching the LPs rather than the overall CPU load yields some interesting additional detail.

Regards

Bob Scott
« Last Edit: September 15, 2018, 09:01:32 am by virtuali »

Papacoach

« Reply #293 on: September 15, 2018, 05:18:48 am »
Flew from MSP to SDF in the PMDG 747 at sunset after GSX loaded the cargo. Had a short stutter session as I flew near Chicago, but they were brief and insignificant. Landed with no blurries, simply experienced some SDF loading stutters on approach.

Rebooted the system.

Loaded AS319 pro at a generic airport that had 4 GSX replaced jetways. Chose a location in the middle of desert essentially. Started on the runway, flew straight out, FL300. Blurries not long after reaching cruise. GSX 2 loading the SODE jetways not generic.

Used GSX CP to load default jetways. Started the same flight. Blurries occurred with the same timing and intensity.

Will try same flight tomorrow with addition of RTT disabled.

Ken

« Reply #294 on: September 15, 2018, 05:22:48 am »
Got this problem too for all flights after updating to Level 2

Tried the solution provided, clearing the shaders cache, disable RTT, restore to default jetways, lowering texture quality. Nothing worked...

Tried a flight today at RJAA using PMDG 777-300ER, CPU usage was fine at around 20-30%. Didn't even tried to board passengers using GSX. After requesting push back, CPU usage ran off the roof. All cores at 100%. Airport texture became black, couldn't load aircraft texture. Tried refreshing Scenery Library, the game stuck at loading.

CPU: i7-4790 3.6GHz
Display Card: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 3GB
*Same setting in the sim worked perfectly before Level 2.
**Tbh, I'm very disappointed, I can't even do any flights after Level 2

w6kd

« Reply #295 on: September 15, 2018, 06:15:29 am »
So my issue with high CPU load at KJFK appears to be the result of the P3D Content or Scenery installer re-installing the TrafficAircraft.bgl file into \scenery\world\scenery.

It had been disabled (renamed to .off) when UtLive was first installed (on P3D v4.1, IIRC).  Strangely, even though all of the traffic sliders in P3D were at zero, having this traffic bgl active together with UtLive and GSX (v1) brought the CPU to it's knees when reloading at JFK.  After removing it, the CPU only loads up for a few seconds at the 36% point and then progresses.

No idea if this could be "a" culprit, or "the" culprit behind the blurry issues, but it might be worth checking even if you're not seeing the problem...I'll bet other folks have done module upgrades and missed that file getting reactivated.  I think users of MyTraffic also disable that bgl.

Regards

Bob Scott

Captain Kevin

• Beta tester
  • Captain Kevin
    • Captain Kevin
« Reply #296 on: September 15, 2018, 06:57:53 am »
So my issue with high CPU load at KJFK appears to be the result of the P3D Content or Scenery installer re-installing the TrafficAircraft.bgl file into \scenery\world\scenery.

It had been disabled (renamed to .off) when UtLive was first installed (on P3D v4.1, IIRC).  Strangely, even though all of the traffic sliders in P3D were at zero, having this traffic bgl active together with UtLive and GSX (v1) brought the CPU to it's knees when reloading at JFK.  After removing it, the CPU only loads up for a few seconds at the 36% point and then progresses.

No idea if this could be "a" culprit, or "the" culprit behind the blurry issues, but it might be worth checking even if you're not seeing the problem...I'll bet other folks have done module upgrades and missed that file getting reactivated.  I think users of MyTraffic also disable that bgl.
This does not appear to have solved it in my case.
Captain Kevin

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #297 on: September 15, 2018, 09:05:11 am »
Tried the solution provided, clearing the shaders cache, disable RTT, restore to default jetways, lowering texture quality. Nothing worked...

Please try the last solution I posted here about removing some files in the Fsreamteam\Couatl folder, if you have them:

http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php/topic,18564.msg130312.html#msg130312

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #298 on: September 15, 2018, 09:07:58 am »
Used GSX CP to load default jetways. Started the same flight. Blurries occurred with the same timing and intensity.  Will try same flight tomorrow with addition of RTT disabled.

I don't think it would make any difference. RTT only does Jetwaynumbers on replaced SODE jetways so, if you are flying with default jetways, they are not even there, unless you are flying only through airports you replaced all jetways manually.

xavebbr

« Reply #299 on: September 15, 2018, 09:27:30 am »
hello,

Here are my findings after trying at several airports (with 1 to more than 10 jetways) with several aircrafts

A. generic aiports
disabling GSX jetways: no blurries at all
enabling GSXjetways:
 1. using jetways or pushback at parking spot with jetways: just after starting these actions, texture loading of AI aircracft very slow, micro stutters, few minutes after take-off blurries appear
 2. starting on the runway : no blurries
 3.using parking spot with no jetway, loading passengers, pushback:  no problem with texture load GSX, AI aircraft, no blurries

B:third party addons airport with sode jetways : no blurries at all

-> seems that only the parking spot with GSX jetways are causing troubles. otherwise product is great. hope you will find solution

regards

Xavier