Author Topic: Massive blurries after updating GSX **SOLVED**  (Read 140586 times)

virtualstuff

Re: Massive blurries after updating GSX
« Reply #240 on: September 14, 2018, 02:50:24 pm »
I suggest we just ignore offensive comments and get back to the important issue of fixing the problems we are having. Is there any progress on this yet? Specifically, have lower resolution textures been made for the jetways? Thanks!

I'm waiting some feedback about this test. Maybe you can try that too:

Go into the Addon Manager\Couatl folder, and remove (or maybe MOVE it to a different place, so you can restore them easily ) the following folders:

KCLT
KIAH
KLAS
KMEM
KSDF

Of course, move only those you have. Yes, this will disable these sceneries, but we are doing a test so, don't panic. Then, try to do the same flight you did last time, and see if there's any difference.

Pay attention not to run the Live Update during this test, because it will restore these folders, making the test useless.

Well Umberto I did already a test without them KCLT/KIAH/KMEM however I'm flying in europe and tested between FSDT LSGG and FT EHAM with GSX2 SODE jetways...
Tested with 4k and 2K textures
« Last Edit: September 14, 2018, 02:58:24 pm by awf »

virtualstuff

« Reply #241 on: September 14, 2018, 02:57:33 pm »
Restore default jetways only restore default jetways. It won't automatically destroy (that would be *very* wrong) all the work you made to add customized jetways.

That's why I have a backup of that particular folder maybe an option in the control panel
 to temporary disable those and revert back to original (the ini file installed before editing the airport)
Similar to the bgl enable > disable routine (jetways)?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #242 on: September 14, 2018, 03:35:51 pm »
Well Umberto I did already a test without them KCLT/KIAH/KMEM however I'm flying in europe and tested between FSDT LSGG and FT EHAM with GSX2 SODE jetways... Tested with 4k and 2K textures

And the result is ?

Be sure to do the test *exactly* as I've indicated. Don't uninstall any scenery, don't deactivate anything and keep default jetways disabled. JUST remove the folders (the ones you have) I indicated.

don4444

« Reply #243 on: September 14, 2018, 04:47:41 pm »
Hi
I too after installing level 2 noticed blurred textures and that my computer while cruising at 38000 ft paused a few times for about 10 secs flying near large airports and that fps periodically would go to a crawl while flying from miami to toronto. I disabled RTT as recommended and there no are no pauses and fps frame rates are constant as before while flying from toronto to orlando. Kind of seems like the sode jetways at default airports were being loaded even thou I was at 38000 ft. Disabling rtt is all that I did and I still have sode jetways installed at default airports.
Hope the above is helpfull in finding the solution for the problem
Don

islander

« Reply #244 on: September 14, 2018, 05:30:54 pm »
Hi
I too am getting massive blurries, but for some reason this only seems to happen after using SODE jetways, does not happen at all when no jetways used. Also occasionally after using SODE jetways aircraft texture and virtual cockpit and spot views take ages to load. Also flight frequently crashes after use of SODE jetways. ( does not happen if jetways not used). I have not made any other changes except latest GSX and level 2 expansion downloads. Finding this very frustrating. Hope it is sorted out soon. This new addition was not cheap.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #245 on: September 14, 2018, 05:51:37 pm »
We you keep posting about you too having blurries ?

We are far that stage at this time. We are to the point I asked to do some things, so I expect the next post from now should just report any results of the test I asked. I'll link again to my previous post of the previous page:

http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php/topic,18564.msg130312.html#msg130312

dragunov2020

« Reply #246 on: September 14, 2018, 06:38:44 pm »
where are these folders ? Addon Manager\Couatl folder \ then where ?
« Last Edit: September 14, 2018, 06:40:42 pm by virtuali »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #247 on: September 14, 2018, 06:42:34 pm »

Where ? THERE! ( I'm sounding like Igor in "Young Frankestein", now...). I listed the names of the folders so, if you go in Addon Manager\Couatl, you surely can see them, IF you have installed any of these sceneries from FSDT, of course.

You might see less of them, or even none, if you don't have any of these sceneries.

kikigey89

« Reply #248 on: September 14, 2018, 06:44:54 pm »
I'm doing the test just now, give me 10 minutes and you'll have an answer :-)

dragunov2020

« Reply #249 on: September 14, 2018, 06:51:18 pm »

Where ? THERE! ( I'm sounding like Igor in "Young Frankestein", now...). I listed the names of the folders so, if you go in Addon Manager\Couatl, you surely can see them, IF you have installed any of these sceneries from FSDT, of course.

You might see less of them, or even none, if you don't have any of these sceneries.
;D ;D i don't have these sceneries from FSDT , excuse me i got you wrong , my bad
so there is an update , when i opend p3d GSX asks me to update , should i update now or wait ?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #250 on: September 14, 2018, 06:55:34 pm »
so there is an update , when i opend p3d GSX asks me to update , should i update now or wait ?

Yes, always update when prompted. Then, you can try the test but, if I understood correctly, you have *none* of these folders already, correct ?

That's not what I wanted to hear because, I suspected they might be what causing GSX to load jetways and airports even above 10K feet (that's what they do, in fact) so, I hoped that, by removing those files, with GSX surely not loading any airports or jetways when cruising, the blurriness and the high-cpu load would go away.

dragunov2020

« Reply #251 on: September 14, 2018, 07:00:25 pm »

Yes, always update when prompted. Then, you can try the test but, if I understood correctly, you have *none* of these folders already, correct ?

That's not what I wanted to hear because, I suspected they might be what causing GSX to load jetways and airports even above 10K feet (that's what they do, in fact) so, I hoped that, by removing those files, with GSX surely not loading any airports or jetways when cruising, the blurriness and the high-cpu load would go away.

ya correct i don't have any of these folders , so i will update anyway and wait for others to test

kikigey89

« Reply #252 on: September 14, 2018, 07:01:44 pm »
NO blurries for me now. Tested at KIAH. First test with KIAH I had blurries. Then I moved KCLT, KIAH, KLAS and KMEM (don't have KSDF) and blurries are gone now.
Will do the entire test again to confirm.
« Last Edit: September 14, 2018, 07:31:25 pm by virtuali »

celuiz.filho

« Reply #253 on: September 14, 2018, 07:09:41 pm »
If you said the problem of the blurried textures is after GSX2, then i would say it was since the installation of GSX because i used to have blurried textures long time ago since GSX...
And i HAD the barcelona scenery from ORBX completely blurred even without the GSX. I did a complete reinstall and i installed ONLY ORBX GLOBAL AND VECTORS AND BARCELONA and i had a completely mess blurried textured. After changing my processor for a I7 8770K last i had a better chance in BARCELONA BUT the blurs still occurs.
Yesterday i had a MASSIVE BLUR even with the FLY TAMPA - TAMPA. i landed in a black hole.

I had the video to prove it. What can happen is GSX2 intense the blurred textures but believe me - the blurred happened before...
here follow the video. Check out the landing with PERFORMACE INDICATOR ON SCREEN and NOT at 100%:

&feature=share

celuiz.filho

Massive blurries after updating GSX
« Reply #254 on: September 14, 2018, 07:17:40 pm »
I dont know if my answer was posted. but here again:
I think the blurried textures are a problem that happened before GSX 2!
I bought Barcelona from ORBX and i coudnt simply use it... I made a CLEAN install with ONLY P3D Free of addons (NO ONE) and ORBX GLOBAL + VECTORS and Barcelona City. Was UNFLYIABLE!!! I changed my processor to I7 8770K and it helped but yesterday i had a MASSIVE BLUR and problem with the FLYTAMPA airport TAMPA... Check it out:
&feature=share