Author Topic: GSX Level 2 - Ground Markings KDEN  (Read 2714 times)

apeddle

GSX Level 2 - Ground Markings KDEN
« on: April 01, 2019, 07:31:30 pm »
I have replaced the FlightBeam KDEN (C terminal) jetways with the GSX custom jetways and the Ground Markings box is unchecked and disabled, but the red ground markings around the jetways still appear.
Is there a way that they can be removed?

Thanks,

Andy

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: GSX Level 2 - Ground Markings KDEN
« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2019, 12:23:03 pm »
Are you sure you are looking at GSX ground markings and not, for example, those that comes with the scenery itself ? An easy way to spot this, is to ENABLE the GSX Ground markings. If you now see double ground markings, then you can be sure the ones you saw before weren't coming from GSX.

apeddle

« Reply #2 on: April 02, 2019, 03:39:06 pm »
Are you sure you are looking at GSX ground markings and not, for example, those that comes with the scenery itself ? An easy way to spot this, is to ENABLE the GSX Ground markings. If you now see double ground markings, then you can be sure the ones you saw before weren't coming from GSX.

I am 99% sure, however I will do as you suggested, or I should be able to DISABLE GSX ground markings and see if the markings I'm seeing go away.
Thank you sir!

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: April 02, 2019, 06:26:33 pm »
I am 99% sure, however I will do as you suggested, or I should be able to DISABLE GSX ground markings and see if the markings I'm seeing go away.

GSX ground markings are disabled with parking customization page, for each jetway. Maybe you put multiple jetways and haven't disabled ground markings on all of them ?

Also, keep in mind the default jetway replacement model have ground markings that cannot be disabled, since it's supposed to replace the default jetway that always has ground markings included in the jetway model. But of course, in this case, the editor will know, and the ability to turn on/off the markings is disabled on that specific jetway model.

apeddle

« Reply #4 on: April 02, 2019, 09:13:18 pm »
Interesting. I wonder since the FB KDEN jetways are CTRL-J jetways if GSX thinks they might be default jetways and is forcing the ground markings?

apeddle

« Reply #5 on: April 03, 2019, 02:44:19 am »
I am attaching pic of KDEN after disabling GSX for that gate.
So the ground markings are not in FB KDEN.
Thanks!

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #6 on: April 04, 2019, 12:57:42 pm »
I am attaching pic of KDEN after disabling GSX for that gate. So the ground markings are not in FB KDEN.

Have you read my previous post ? I'll copy it again the relevant part:

Also, keep in mind the default jetway replacement model have ground markings that cannot be disabled, since it's supposed to replace the default jetway that always has ground markings included in the jetway model. But of course, in this case, the editor will know, and the ability to turn on/off the markings is disabled on that specific jetway model.

So, if you "just" replace GSX jetways and don't select a DIFFERENT jetway type, you'll see ground markings from GSX that cannot be disabled, and rightly so, since the "replacement" jetway model, which is only one of the 80+ available, has been made like this to mimic the default model as close as possible, and the default model also have embedded ground markings, so they are compatible.

apeddle

« Reply #7 on: April 20, 2019, 06:55:01 pm »
So, if you "just" replace GSX jetways and don't select a DIFFERENT jetway type

Sorry Umberto, didn't catch that in your last post. I have changed the jetway to a different jetway other than what gets used doing the standard replace and I am able to disable the ground markings... This is resolved.
Thank you very much for your help!
« Last Edit: April 22, 2019, 11:15:17 am by virtuali »