Author Topic: Jetway problem at KATL  (Read 3605 times)

JRBarrett

Jetway problem at KATL
« on: September 09, 2018, 12:46:09 am »
I recently upgraded GSX to the V2 expansion for P3D 4.3

After installation, I did a test flight from Detroit (default airport) to Atlanta (ImagineSim, latest version for P3D4) using the Leonardo MaddogX.

At KDTW, I was pleased to see that every default jetway had indeed been replaced with the new SODE jetways. I departed from gate A15, and when I commanded the jetway to connect to the aircraft, it did so with perfect alignment to the main entrance door, and the jetway animation was smooth and accurate.

Upon parking at KATL, it was a different story. As you know, ImagineSim KATL is already equipped with SODE jetways, and it is my understanding that GSX does not change pre-installed SODE jetways at airports that already have them?

There were two problems: I was able to command the jetway to connect from within the GSX menu, but when it started moving, it spit into two images - the animated graphic of the jetway moving over to the aircraft, but also the image of the jetway in its original position was still visible. This was not a case of an original static jetway overlaying the SODE one - the moving and stationary jetways were the same.

The second problem was that it did not connect well to the aircraft at all. The jetway stopped about 4 feet before reaching the door, and lowered the hood.

I realize this may be a fundamentally SODE problem, (not GSX), but before installing the GSX expansion, the SODE jetways at KATL did not spit in two, and they connected to the Leonardo MD-82 correctly - just as the recently-added jetways at KDTW did.

Jim Barrett

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Jetway problem at KATL
« Reply #1 on: September 09, 2018, 01:32:04 am »
There were two problems: I was able to command the jetway to connect from within the GSX menu, but when it started moving, it spit into two images - the animated graphic of the jetway moving over to the aircraft, but also the image of the jetway in its original position was still visible. This was not a case of an original static jetway overlaying the SODE one - the moving and stationary jetways were the same.

The problem doesn't have anything to do with GSX. When a scenery use SODE jetways, the ONLY thing GSX does is:

- Send the GSX door configuration to SODE, which is usually correct.

- Ask SODE to operate the jetway

The rest of the process, is done entirely by SODE, in complete autonomy, including that is seems to be your issue, which is the switch between the static and the dynamic model. This is a process that is controlled by GSX ONLY if the scenery use a GSX-created jetway, but not if it already came with its own SODE jetways.

The second problem was that it did not connect well to the aircraft at all. The jetway stopped about 4 feet before reaching the door, and lowered the hood.

Same as above.

I realize this may be a fundamentally SODE problem, (not GSX), but before installing the GSX expansion, the SODE jetways at KATL did not spit in two, and they connected to the Leonardo MD-82 correctly - just as the recently-added jetways at KDTW did.

Sorry, but that's just not possible. You must have already that problem, but only realized it now, after installing GSX L2.

ocjr

« Reply #2 on: September 09, 2018, 01:43:25 am »
As another ImagineSIM KATL user, I can tell you that the SODE jetways there are pretty terrible. It is hit or miss on whether they work and that was before GSXv2.

At KAUS (Same situation), I ended up just removing all of the jetways and adding them back with GSXv2. I have KATL, and ZSPD on my list of airports to do this for as the imaginesim jetways are so bad (and don't get me started on the fact that the didn't even put all the parking spots in the scenery).

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: September 09, 2018, 01:46:40 am »
Well, if they are really that bad, it might be easier to just remove their SODE XML file, and replace them with GSX. Yes, that's a way in which you can replace SODE jetways, if you are really determined to do so.

JRBarrett

« Reply #4 on: September 09, 2018, 06:19:02 pm »
My apologies Umberto, you are correct, the problem exists at KATL even without GSX running, and commanding the jetway directly with SODE.

The problem seems to affect some stands at KATL, but not others. The one I usuallly park at seems to be correct, which is why I never noticed it before.

I may try tuning off the default KATL SODE jetways and using the GSX version.

JRBarrett

Re: Jetway problem at KATL (Solved)
« Reply #5 on: September 09, 2018, 10:03:21 pm »
I have found the cause of the split jetways at Imaginesim Atlanta. I previously owned an earlier version of this product for Prepar3D. Although I fully uninstalled it before installing the newest version specifically made for P3DV4, the uninstall process left an older (2016) version of the SODE KATL stands definition file in SODE's own folder located in C:\ProgramData\12bPilot\SODE\xml

I deleted the older xml file, and ran the Imaginesim KATL installer again, which put the latest version, "ImagineSim_KATL_PD4_Stands.xml" in the SODE data folder. That same file is also found in the main Imaginesim scenery folder.

Apparently the installer will not overwrite an older version of the xml file (if present) in the SODE data folder, and the presence of two conflicting xml files was causing the split jetways problem.

Unfortunately, the Imaginesim SODE jetways still do not connect well to the aircraft. The GSX-created SODE replacement jetways connect perfectly at default airports, so I assume that GSX is only able to transmit the aircraft door parameters to the GSX-created SODE jetways, not to original SODE jetways - but this is definitely not the fault of GSX. 

flyboy53

« Reply #6 on: September 27, 2018, 11:06:13 pm »
My apologies Umberto, you are correct, the problem exists at KATL even without GSX running, and commanding the jetway directly with SODE.

The problem seems to affect some stands at KATL, but not others. The one I usuallly park at seems to be correct, which is why I never noticed it before.

I may try tuning off the default KATL SODE jetways and using the GSX version.

PLease let me know if you are able to replace the SODE jetways in KATL. I am having similar problems and would like to replace ALL of the with the GSX SODE models......

marknie

« Reply #7 on: April 20, 2019, 05:59:40 am »
The problems appears to be a faulty AFCAD in KATL.  I was told imaginesim is terrible with customer service and rarely fixes their stuff. too bad.
Capn Mark Niebauer