Author Topic: Have Not Purchased V2, but have jetway problem  (Read 3927 times)

Daniel.Burke01

Have Not Purchased V2, but have jetway problem
« on: September 08, 2018, 02:39:02 pm »
Hey there,

I've searched and didn't find this yet.  I upgraded GSX yesterday to upgrade the features available for V1. I haven't purchased V2 yet.  However, new jetways are showing at default airports now, but they don't respond to FSX ctrl + J.  If I select "Operate Jetways" from the GSX menu, I just get an ad telling me to purchase V2.  How do I get the default jetbridge back until I decide to purchase V2?

Thanks,
-Dan-

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Have Not Purchased V2, but have jetway problem
« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2018, 06:46:03 pm »
That's normal, all default jetways are now SODE jetways, so must be used with the GSX "Operate Jetways" menu, or during boarding/deboarding. Until you activate GSX Level 2, such jetways won't move outside the Trial airports and the FSDT airports.

No, we haven't "hijacked" the original default jetways. If you are not interested in this feature, you CAN have them back, by using the GSX Control Panel. Quoting from the GSX Manual, Page 4:

On default airports or 3rd-party airports that have Jetways using the default Jetway models, Installing GSX will result in all default jetway models to be replaced. If GSX Level 2 is in Trial, the replaced Jetways will work ONLY at the Trial airports. If want to go back to the default jetway models, you can use the Control Panel to restore them

Daniel.Burke01

« Reply #2 on: September 09, 2018, 12:11:52 am »
Where is this feature in the control panel? I searched through the GSX settings and could not locate this.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: September 09, 2018, 12:20:27 am »
Where is this feature in the control panel? I searched through the GSX settings and could not locate this.

I strongly suggest reading the manual. If you did, you would have known the GSX Control Panel is not something you find in the GSX Settings, but a separate program that has been installed with an icon on your Desktop, which is used to configure Jetways and/or create Exclusion files.

The Control Panel is presented at page 44 of the GSX Manual.

jkatz098

« Reply #4 on: November 03, 2018, 04:52:09 am »
I strongly agree with Daniel here.

I happily purchased gsx v1, I don't think it's fair that I have to search a manual to find how to turn off these features.

If I wanted sode jetways everywhere I would purchase GSX v2

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #5 on: November 03, 2018, 09:33:39 am »
If I wanted sode jetways everywhere I would purchase GSX v2

Since the latest GSX installer comes with a Trial of Level 2 too, it's only fair that you should read the manual, if only to know about the Level 2 Trial limitations are. They are clearly explained on Page 4, which also says you can revert to default jetways with the GSX Control Panel so, it's not something difficult to find: it's a the beginning of the manual.

bobsk8

« Reply #6 on: November 24, 2018, 10:55:02 pm »
Well I enabled the default Jetways in P3D V3 since I ran the latest update, and the Jetways won't move when hitting Ctrl J. Looks like the update messed up the default Jetway action.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #7 on: November 25, 2018, 08:50:57 pm »
Well I enabled the default Jetways in P3D V3 since I ran the latest update, and the Jetways won't move when hitting Ctrl J. Looks like the update messed up the default Jetway action.

If you reenable default jetways, GSX is no longer affecting jetways anymore and CTRL+J will work as before. Of course, before replying, I tested both in P3DV3 and P3D4, and default jetways works just fine with CTRL+J, when re-enabled from the GSX Control Panel, see the attached screenshot.

So, the only possible explanation that your default jetway didn't move, is that jetway, with that airplane, parked in the same position, wouldn't have moved in any case, regardless of GSX.