Author Topic: Flaps  (Read 5483 times)

Grunt

Flaps
« on: November 25, 2007, 04:52:12 am »
I am not sure how the auto flap functions in Acceleration work. I seem to have problems on approach with the flaps extending and retaracting unpredictably which of course make my approaches erratic  :o. I do not notice a certain speed or AOA threshold for these flap changes...is the autoflaps programming a function of airspeed, AOA, both, or neither? I know that this autoflaps function is realistic but is there a way to "tune" it or remove it?

Regards....

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Flaps
« Reply #1 on: November 25, 2007, 06:57:35 am »
The autoflaps logic is now part of the core Microsoft flight modeling, it's not done internally by the F-18 simulation. According to an explainations I've been given by Microsoft, it's a function of IAS, AOA and Mach.

It should be possible for airplane modedelers to get advantage of this feature that has been added in Acceleration, by adding autoflaps to any aircraft, but I don't know if it can be finely tuned.

abc

Re: Flaps
« Reply #2 on: November 25, 2007, 07:56:42 pm »
Not really unpredictable. The trailinge edge flaps start to drop at about 4-5deg AoA.
Approach AoA should be 7-8deg AoA.
Do you select full flap during the approach?
If you start to get into pitch oscillations, the flaps start to extend/retract 'unpredictable' of course.

Regards

Bernt Stolle  Capt 767