Author Topic: GSX Level 2 TUTORIAL - Replace Jetways on a 3rd party airport.  (Read 144231 times)

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: GSX Level 2 TUTORIAL - Replace Jetways on a 3rd party airport.
« Reply #150 on: April 28, 2019, 01:54:06 am »
So I've increased the number in the Parking Position Menu to 100m. After this the Jetways on the Gate I was parked an the ones on my left and right disappeared but the rest was still there.

Not all jetways can be disabled with an Exclude file (regardless how large your exclude area is, and 100 mt is surely wrong, because you'll end up excluding other things you don't want), only those that are made using the CTRL+J method can be excluded this way.

If a jetway is static, and part of the terminal building, the only way to remove it, is to remove the library .BGL that contains the actual model, hoping it would contain only jetways.

sfsd

« Reply #151 on: April 28, 2019, 11:24:14 am »
None of the Jetways are static. I saw videos of others doing exactly the same thing as i did using the exact same version who succeeded. Should I reinstall one of the two addons? If yes, which? GSX or Mega Airport Zürich?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #152 on: April 29, 2019, 10:34:26 am »
I saw videos of others doing exactly the same thing as i did using the exact same version who succeeded.

Wouldn't be easier to just ask them for their configuration ?

Rigo

« Reply #153 on: May 11, 2019, 07:07:13 pm »
Habe eine Frage ich benutze p3dv4.4 mit Jeehell, und habe GSX und GSX Level 2 installiert, aber irgendwie funktioniert das nicht richtig. Bei mir kommen keine Gepäck Wagen oder und der 2 Catering Service Auto. Habe auch ein Problem das alle Turiel auf englisch sind sowie die Anleitung. Kann nicht so gut englisch.

Flightfan

« Reply #154 on: October 04, 2019, 07:03:08 pm »
Hello all together,

today I tried the first Time to replace Jetways from a 3rd party Airport using the turorial. In my case EGLL by SimWings / Aerosoft, using FSX Acceleration.
But I think I started wrong, or did something diffrent, because when I want to start and scenery had been loaded, I found the following Situation (Attachement Jetway probleme Heathrow).
There is allready a new Jetway at the Gate and I didn´t know how it comes there, or how to remove. On my last "arrival" at EGLL it wasn´t there....
Don´t know how to work with, or if this is right?? My Settings in the Customization Area is shown on the second Attachement.
I´m sorry for this, but I don´t know how to continue.

regards
joerg

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #155 on: October 05, 2019, 01:33:22 pm »
Have you run the GSX Control Panel to create the actual exclude files ? Also, keep in mind that not all jetways can be excluded, only those that are modeled independently from the terminal.

Flightfan

« Reply #156 on: October 05, 2019, 02:53:17 pm »
Yes I did.
But let me tell you, I solved the issue I had.
There was allready made an .ini File for EGLL at C:\xxxx\AppData\Roaming\Virtuali\GSX. Maybe I was to fast and pushed some buttons I don´t had to.
After deleting this File, everything went Ok. So now I can have a new try at Heathrow.

thank an regards

joerg

senchay

« Reply #157 on: November 03, 2019, 03:05:23 am »
Hello.

Jetway replacement doesnt seem to work for me anymore. On no airport, not even on EHAM (Flytampe) where you made the video in. I got it to work many months ago, at the release of level2, then didnt bother anymore for a while and now i dont get it to work anymore. I understand that it doesnt work on every airport, for example when it has fixed jetways and those things.

What happens is either 1 of 3 things, sometimes more than 1 of the 3 are combined:

- GSX jetway doesnt "drop" after setting exclude radius
- after compiling the bgl and restart sim the GSX jetway is gone after it reappeared first time hitting the exclusion zone
- after compiling the bgl the standard airport jetway doesnt go away

Im running 4.5.2, latest GSX update and everything else of GSX is working fine.
AddonManager is showing in menu, as well as SODE. GSX stuff is excluded in AV/Defender.

I just tried on 4 airports, none of them worked and always had 1 or more of the mentioned problems. Last example EDDM, T2G.
I started sim, went to "Customize airport positions", set 1 for radius and hit apply. GSX lv 2 model appeared, i changed the font etc, hit apply and closed the sim.
Then i compiled the BGL, started sim again and GSX lv 2 jetway is missing, and the standard gate still there too. Now i cannot get the GSX jetway to appear anymore, regardless how many meters i insert into the field. It simply doesnt appear anymore.

On the other airports the same,aslo EHAM. It appears, i hit apply, want to compile bgl and after sim restart its gone.

What can be wrong?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #158 on: November 04, 2019, 01:37:57 pm »
I can't reproduce your problem. I tried a scenery that comes with default CTRL+J jetways, Madrid from Simwings, and did exactly the following steps, worked fine:

- Went to the airport

- Chose Add-ons -> GSX -> "Customize airport positions"

- Clicked the "Select parkings w/J in Gate" button. This resulted in 71 parking spots selected.

- Clicked the "Jetway Exclude Radius" check, leaving the value at default of 1.0 meters. After some pause, all gates had the default GSX replacement model, in addition to the original that came with the scenery.

- Exited the sim.

- Started the GSX Control panel, and waited until the Compile button went active.

- Clicked "Compile", and it created a 000_LEMD_GSX_JWEXCL.BGL file in the Fsdreamteam\Exclude\Scenery folder

- Restarted the sim, the GSX cache was rebuilt in a couple of seconds.

- Went to LEMD, only the GSX replacement jetways were present.

- Restarted the sim, all jetways were still there on restart.

- Tried customizing the model, so I selected all parking with gates again, chose a model with crystals, removed the logo and the number (the real airport doesn't seem to use them), and all jetways changed, after some pause.

- Restarted the sim, all jetways were still there on restart, exactly as they were customized the last time.

senchay

« Reply #159 on: November 04, 2019, 09:54:51 pm »
Thank you.

I believe you that :-) Would have surprised me if its an overall problem. The question is more what it could be. Besides this i have what i would call an "example sim", where compared to seemingly 70% of others everything works as intended. Just this problem bugs me and i dont really have a clue what could be the problem.

I just saw that it seems that the compiled BGLs get deleted. If i start sim, do all those things you say, close and open p3d again (now its the moment where the created jetway is missing) and then close the sim a second time the GSX tool where one can compile doesnt list the BGL anymore. Seems it only creates it temporary or something like that.

But i have set the whole gsx folder to Defender exclusion so i dont really see what else could interfere here. I try to make a video, maybe you can spot what i either do wrong or what happens.

rafa

« Reply #160 on: November 24, 2019, 01:16:14 pm »
Hello to all:
I have looked in the forum, have been still some post and nothing.
Gsx L2 me works well, the only thing "compiles" sim began again and they continue there the jetway for defect, along with which I have created??? ???

Thks

SørenRas

« Reply #161 on: December 16, 2019, 09:23:01 pm »
I can't reproduce your problem. I tried a scenery that comes with default CTRL+J jetways, Madrid from Simwings, and did exactly the following steps, worked fine:

- Went to the airport

- Chose Add-ons -> GSX -> "Customize airport positions"

- Clicked the "Select parkings w/J in Gate" button. This resulted in 71 parking spots selected.

- Clicked the "Jetway Exclude Radius" check, leaving the value at default of 1.0 meters. After some pause, all gates had the default GSX replacement model, in addition to the original that came with the scenery.

- Exited the sim.

- Started the GSX Control panel, and waited until the Compile button went active.

- Clicked "Compile", and it created a 000_LEMD_GSX_JWEXCL.BGL file in the Fsdreamteam\Exclude\Scenery folder

- Restarted the sim, the GSX cache was rebuilt in a couple of seconds.

- Went to LEMD, only the GSX replacement jetways were present.

- Restarted the sim, all jetways were still there on restart.

- Tried customizing the model, so I selected all parking with gates again, chose a model with crystals, removed the logo and the number (the real airport doesn't seem to use them), and all jetways changed, after some pause.

- Restarted the sim, all jetways were still there on restart, exactly as they were customized the last time.

Hi Umberto,
Tried to follow your guide above for the Aerosoft Tromso X (ENTC) airport. 4 Jetways are tagged as /J but the method above does not work at all - anybody tried this with this airport?

rgds
Søren

Tim Cologne

« Reply #162 on: April 21, 2020, 06:33:41 pm »
Hello,
I'm new to GSX and I love it. There's only one thing that's quiet hard. When I want to replace Jetways of a third parts airport (aerosoft i.e.), the jetways remain where they were, they just don't disappear.

So far I used AES from aerosoft, but I deleted this programm and I deactivated AES on those airports, that were supported by AES. But nothing changed. The jetways are still there.

What can I do? Do I need to reinstall thos airports?

I'm using FSX.

Thanks for any reply.

Cheers,
Tim

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #163 on: April 22, 2020, 02:11:35 pm »
When I want to replace Jetways of a third parts airport (aerosoft i.e.), the jetways remain where they were, they just don't disappear.

It's not possible to help you without you providing a precise explanation of what you did. It's not clear, for example, if you followed the complete procedure, which is:

- enable the "jetway exclude radius" checkmark for all parking spots that have a jetway you want to remove

- exit from the sim

- start the GSX control panel

- compile the XML file that has been created

- exit the GSX control panel

- restart the sim.

AirBorne

« Reply #164 on: July 26, 2021, 11:03:48 am »
When a parking position has 2 or 3 jetways and after arrival and engines shut down, it only shows up one option for docking, what could be wrong? It should allow me to choose any of the available jetways for that gate, right? It always picks up a further jetway, thus when it docks to the plane it passes through the closest jetway (which should be the one used instead).