Author Topic: GSX Level 2 TUTORIAL - Replace Jetways on a 3rd party airport.  (Read 145408 times)

cartayna

• Beta tester
Re: GSX Level 2 TUTORIAL - Replace Jetways on a 3rd party airport.
« Reply #120 on: October 03, 2018, 03:03:44 pm »

Hello … the instructions from LEMD to configure as "All Runways open" can't be. LEMD only allow us to configure North or South. Any ideas?
The same day they release the scenery came with an update and the installer now has that option. Redownload your software or is as simple as to make sure you have the afcad that corresponds to the one that is in the .ini file. This one is Sim-wings Madrid Barajas Professional\scenery\LEMD_AFX-OP02.bgl. you need to have such file in your Scenery folder, if you do not have it, is because you do not have the latest version of the scenery.
Cheers
[/quote]
I have the latest version and from scenery folder I have LEMD_AFX-OP02-N.bgl and LEMD_AFX-OP02-S.off I don't have LEMD_AFX-OP02.bgl
[/quote]
trust me .. it has. see pic

trisho0

« Reply #121 on: October 03, 2018, 06:41:50 pm »

Hello … the instructions from LEMD to configure as "All Runways open" can't be. LEMD only allow us to configure North or South. Any ideas?
The same day they release the scenery came with an update and the installer now has that option. Redownload your software or is as simple as to make sure you have the afcad that corresponds to the one that is in the .ini file. This one is Sim-wings Madrid Barajas Professional\scenery\LEMD_AFX-OP02.bgl. you need to have such file in your Scenery folder, if you do not have it, is because you do not have the latest version of the scenery.
Cheers
I have the latest version and from scenery folder I have LEMD_AFX-OP02-N.bgl and LEMD_AFX-OP02-S.off I don't have LEMD_AFX-OP02.bgl
[/quote]
I found it and installed the Hotfix 2. Thanks!
trust me .. it has. see pic
[/quote]

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #122 on: October 04, 2018, 09:13:55 am »
Another thing is how to reset everything to previous if you make a mistake.

Everything in the editor is hierarchic and does things depending on what you selected on the left-hand side of the editing dialog.

- If you select a single parking, every change you do there, will be applied to that single parking.

- If you select two or more parking spots (by pressing CTRL and click on their names), every change will be applied to such parking spots.

- If you select a group of parking spots (for example, a terminal), by clicking the name of the group itself, all parking below will be automatically selected and every change will applied to them.

- If you select the whole airport, by clicking to the top-most node (the Airport), changes will be applied to the whole airport.

This, of course, applies to every setting, even the RESET button! So, that's the answer of your question: "how to reset everything?". Just click on the top Airport node, and press RESET.

And please note the new filter jetways button, which filters out a selection, leaving only gates with a jetways selected, which is useful to do mass-changes to parking spots with jetways only.

nordicman

« Reply #123 on: October 04, 2018, 09:02:54 pm »
Umberto, thanks for the explanation. When you select the gate, does it automatically know if it has 1 or two jetways? For example, EDDF that has 2-3 gates, does it automatically pop up? I dont know if i am asking this question correctly. Zurich is also another airport with this kind of problem im having. I will try again with what you mentioned in the previous post.

BrunoEduardo

« Reply #124 on: October 05, 2018, 01:52:38 am »
Mine is show me "parking has 1 sode xml jetway" and i can't change jetways, i deleted sode airport folder and the jetways is gone, but the message still appear what's wrong?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #125 on: October 05, 2018, 12:40:39 pm »
Mine is show me "parking has 1 sode xml jetway" and i can't change jetways, i deleted sode airport folder and the jetways is gone, but the message still appear what's wrong?

As explained in the manual, and on the forum so many times, GSX will not allow customization of a SODE jetway. If you delete the SODE XML file, you will likely have to Restart Couatl and restart SODE too, or just restart the sim.

tkemp66

« Reply #126 on: October 05, 2018, 09:35:10 pm »
I have all of my buttons disabled in P3Dv4 as per EZCA instructions except for those that are programmed on my Logitech G940 Joystick to avoid conflict,  which also includes keys on the NUM pad. Will this prevent me from moving GSX v2 jetways? The reason I ask is because I cannot move the Jetways at all. Right now my Jetways are on top of the roof at one specific airport, and I will like to move them down to ground level. I have gone through the manual, but none of the keys function like I thought they would. Is it even possible to move your Jetways up and down, and if so, how?

Troy
Troy Kemp

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #127 on: October 08, 2018, 01:17:06 pm »
I have all of my buttons disabled in P3Dv4 as per EZCA instructions except for those that are programmed on my Logitech G940 Joystick to avoid conflict,  which also includes keys on the NUM pad. Will this prevent me from moving GSX v2 jetways?

If with "all of my buttons disabled in P3Dv4" you mean you disabled ALSO the keys on the Num pad, is entirely normal you cannot use GSX anymore. Restore all settings to default, and disable Ezdok camera while using GSX is the only option.

tkemp66

« Reply #128 on: October 08, 2018, 03:48:42 pm »
OK, I will try that. Thanks

Troy
Troy Kemp

SgtMav316

« Reply #129 on: October 09, 2018, 04:26:49 am »
what am I doing wrong? I followed the video instructions to edit a third party jetway and it wont let me edit out the SODE jetways that come with the scenery even before I selected the exclude radius option

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #130 on: October 09, 2018, 09:13:30 am »
it wont let me edit out the SODE jetways that come with the scenery even before I selected the exclude radius option

This has been explained so many times on the forum ( and on the manual too ), SODE jetways cannot customized.

Well, technically they can, but you'll have to remove their SODE XML file in the C:\program data\12bpilot folder, and be careful with it, because the developer might have used SODE for other things as well, not just jetways so, just removing that file might cause other problems. Ideally, you should only remove jetways from it, leaving everything else inside. But this is really advanced scenery editing and it's out of the scope of GSX or that tutorial.

For normal users, just let assume SODE jetways cannot be edited.

SgtMav316

« Reply #131 on: October 10, 2018, 04:59:53 am »
got it not hard headed. just new to GSX L2. trying to get dual gates to work in OMDB fly tampa and nothing is working only able to replace one

midostyle

« Reply #132 on: October 10, 2018, 08:03:13 am »
Hi, Actually I have bought GSX level 2 before yesterday, since that day I'm facing a problem with FSDT GSX control panel. It doesn't open at all. I have reinstall the GSX and the P3Dv4 many times but no luck. I'll be glad if someone help me with this issue.

Thank you in advance..

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #133 on: October 10, 2018, 10:57:00 am »
since that day I'm facing a problem with FSDT GSX control panel. It doesn't open at all.

Do you see some errors ?

midostyle

« Reply #134 on: October 10, 2018, 01:18:05 pm »
since that day I'm facing a problem with FSDT GSX control panel. It doesn't open at all.

Do you see some errors ?

nothing showing up at all