Author Topic: GSX Level 2 TUTORIAL - Replace Jetways on a 3rd party airport.  (Read 146365 times)

surfcandy

Re: GSX Level 2 TUTORIAL - Replace Jetways on a 3rd party airport.
« Reply #60 on: September 15, 2018, 08:27:11 am »
Going to bed now exhausted dealing with getting this GSX2 to work.

cartayna

• Beta tester
« Reply #61 on: September 15, 2018, 10:40:14 am »
The GSX manual + this video tutorial have already provided several users enough information for them, since they shared several customization files for 3rd party major airports already.
Please Umberto, don't let us down, this is not working correctly. I had the same ilusion, created a whole new airport with more than 40 gates off the whole terminal1 of LEBL. it worked. then, i restarted the computer the next day WITHOUT having touched a thing, and sometimes, with the same plane on the same stand, you enter the aiport and no jetways are there, others they are but it says that no jetaways are found that can operate that gate, others, the GSX2 does not start properly since the option to configurate that airport on ctrl+shift+f12 is not there... I restart the coautl and sometimes it fixes this and others it doesnt, others you have to restart the coatl 5-6 times.  Is erratic. I myself was also under the dilusion that i have created a great airport with your gsx2, after hours of hard work, read the entire manual (yes i am one of those stranges), shared with some friends the necessary files in the addon manager and the AppData for them to have it working, and they have this same problems.  IS NOT FINISHED. and it clearly was not ready to be sold. This is ok, but PLEASE dont publish things like this because it means that for you the product is good and ready. IS NOT.  I will wait for an update that solves all this crazyness. Hope you take care of it. Thanks.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #62 on: September 15, 2018, 11:57:18 am »
Please Umberto, don't let us down, this is not working correctly

You missed my point, entirely. My reply was ONLY meant to say that, as far as explaining HOW to replace jetways on a 3rd party airport, the manual and this video provide more than enough to be able to do that.

It was made in reply to someone that seemed to ask for additional explanations.

This doesn't obviously mean the editor is "perfect" (no software is, not even years after release, let alone less than a week), and doesn't have any bugs.

Bugs are obviously being fixed, when they are properly reported. A "doesn't work" comment, is NOT a proper report.

A proper report is something like:

- I want to customize this scenery, made by this developer (if it's not default), which uses (for example), custom jetways.

- I opened the editor, and selected Gate XXX

- I checked the Exclude button, then change the jetway to be a YYYYYY model with an ZZZZZ livery and no bridge.

- When I chose the Sixt LOGO, the program crashed with the following blablablabla error, which I'm posting here as a reference.

THIS is an Example of a PROPER report, which can lead to a successful reproduction for us of the eventual bug. A reproducible bug, is already a bug that you can consider fixed.

IS NOT FINISHED. and it clearly was not ready to be sold. This is ok, but PLEASE dont publish things like this because it means that for you the product is good and ready. IS NOT.  I will wait for an update that solves all this crazyness. Hope you take care of it. Thanks.

This comment is not useful at all, without having a look at your file, what you did, how the original airport was made. If you could send me your .INI file, and tell which scenery you used (default ? 3rd party ? which one ? ), it might check if there's something wrong with it, that might LEAD to understand IF there's something wrong in the editor.

Also, are you sure you installed the current Live Update ? With the last update, we fixed a problem that affected UK2000, but I'm sure it would affect many other aiports, that caused exactly what you are reporting: Jetways seems to be saved, but they don't reappear on a restart. It should be fixed now.
« Last Edit: September 15, 2018, 12:04:30 pm by virtuali »

skyaddicted

« Reply #63 on: September 15, 2018, 02:12:51 pm »
Hi.

I recently purchased GSX V2 but i have problems installing jetways. For example at Aerosoft EDDM the "Exclude.bgl" option is there and everything runs smoothly according to the tutorial.
However, at Fly Tampa's LOWW this option is not even there. That goes along for a lot more airports of different publishers. Am i missing something here?

And something new. After the latest update of GSX, at EDDM, the scenery jetways are not excluded,and the GSX jetways appear to stand in the air. They are not attached to the terminal building. What a mess.

Could you please be so kind and enlighten me?????????

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #64 on: September 15, 2018, 02:31:09 pm »
The issue of jetways in the air has been discussed in so many other threads, and it doesn't have anything to do with this thread, which is a tutorial on how to replace jetways.

If you searched the forum, you would have know it's caused by OrbX vector, and can be fixed by disabling the airport in the AEC utility.

skyaddicted

« Reply #65 on: September 15, 2018, 02:57:30 pm »
The issue of jetways in the air has been discussed in so many other threads, and it doesn't have anything to do with this thread, which is a tutorial on how to replace jetways.

If you searched the forum, you would have know it's caused by OrbX vector, and can be fixed by disabling the airport in the AEC utility.

Thank you very much for your response. This part of the question is answered. Now could you please tell me why i do not get the "exclude.bgl" option in Fly Tampa LOWW for instance?
Do not get too upset when answering questions. Not all of us can read the whole forum. After all it is your job. You do not get paid just for the software but for support too.
Thank you in advance for your time and effort.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #66 on: September 15, 2018, 03:04:17 pm »
Thank you very much for your response. This part of the question is answered. Now could you please tell me why i do not get the "exclude.bgl" option in Fly Tampa LOWW for instance?

Please clarify, what do you mean with "exclude.bgl" option ?

Not all of us can read the whole forum. After all it is your job.

By having me repeating the same answers over and over, you are contributing to lowering the quality of the support. But I keep replying, as my post count suggests...

skyaddicted

« Reply #67 on: September 15, 2018, 03:15:32 pm »
On the parking customization screen there is an option that reads "jetway exclude radius" under the "ignore aircraft preferred exit". That exists when customizing parking positions at EDDM but not in LOWW as well as other airports too.
« Last Edit: September 15, 2018, 03:19:11 pm by skyaddicted »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #68 on: September 15, 2018, 03:20:34 pm »
That exists when customizing parking positions at EDDM but not in LOWW as well as other airports too.

Have you activated GSX Level 2 ? If it's in Trial, you can use it only at EDDM and other 2 Trial airports + FSDT airports.

skyaddicted

« Reply #69 on: September 15, 2018, 03:31:42 pm »
That exists when customizing parking positions at EDDM but not in LOWW as well as other airports too.

Have you activated GSX Level 2 ? If it's in Trial, you can use it only at EDDM and other 2 Trial airports + FSDT airports.

I redownloaded GSX V2 but now i am trying to register the serial but i can't

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #70 on: September 15, 2018, 03:34:10 pm »
I redownloaded GSX V2 but now i am trying to register the serial but i can't

Why ? It's best if you start another thread. This is about the video tutorial.

cartayna

• Beta tester
« Reply #71 on: September 16, 2018, 12:15:21 am »

You missed my point, entirely. My reply was ONLY meant to say that, as far as explaining HOW to replace jetways on a 3rd party airport, the manual and this video provide more than enough to be able to do that.

This doesn't obviously mean the editor is "perfect" (no software is, not even years after release, let alone less than a week), and doesn't have any bugs.

Bugs are obviously being fixed, when they are properly reported. A "doesn't work" comment, is NOT a proper report.

- I want to customize this scenery, made by this developer (if it's not default), which uses (for example), custom jetways.

- I checked the Exclude button, then change the jetway to be a YYYYYY model with an ZZZZZ livery and no bridge.

- When I chose the Sixt LOGO, the program crashed with the following blablablabla error, which I'm posting here as a reference.

THIS is an Example of a PROPER report, which can lead to a successful reproduction for us of the eventual bug. A reproducible bug, is already a bug that you can consider fixed.

IS NOT FINISHED. and it clearly was not ready to be sold. This is ok, but PLEASE dont publish things like this because it means that for you the product is good and ready. IS NOT.  I will wait for an update that solves all this crazyness. Hope you take care of it. Thanks.

This comment is not useful at all, without having a look at your file, what you did, how the original airport was made. If you could send me your .INI file, and tell which scenery you used (default ? 3rd party ? which one ? ), it might check if there's something wrong with it, that might LEAD to understand IF there's something wrong in the editor.

Also, are you sure you installed the current Live Update ? With the last update, we fixed a problem that affected UK2000, but I'm sure it would affect many other aiports, that caused exactly what you are reporting: Jetways seems to be saved, but they don't reappear on a restart. It should be fixed now.
Well Umberto I will try my best to report better. i will make a video and attach the file that you request, can you be a bit more specific with the .ini file that you request from  me? the crazyness of restarting the coatl over and over again is happening with LEBL (Barcelona) AS 1.01. I am going to work in several sceneries to test them and report you the problems that i might find. i have done some, and they work on some and dont on others. i think i am familiar with the procedure. having said this, can you also tell us in a simple  note what files do we need to share with others, where are they located, and if we need to edit the files when sharing? i notice that the files in Appdata, have a route of the scenery. Since I had a lot of problems with LEBL and after finishing the large T1, it stopped working. Then i moved to Amsterdam since you do the video there and did only 4 gates. There i wanted to share with my other 2 friends who also purchased with me 2 liscenses and i assumed that i only need to share the appdata file (in EHAM is  Appdata\Roaming\Virtuali\GSX\eham-tzgdlo.CFG) and the ones in the addn mgr... a) Addon Manager\Fsdreamteam\Exclude\000_EHAM_GSX_JWEXCL and b) Addon Manager\Fsdreamteam\Exclude\scenery\000_EHAM_GSX_JWEXCL. this i tried and my friends do not ge the jetways in the designated areas.
Regards...  
P.D. I attach LEBL files in here.. this is the airport that i mention that the behavior is very erratic and "sometimes" works after restarting the coatl several times.
As I say, starting tomorrow i am going to do a full installation of many airports, starting with 6 gates on each. and will write carefully the problems that i might have.
The latest version i installed and updated was thursday night. will do so again right now.
Cheers.
« Last Edit: September 16, 2018, 12:54:56 pm by cartayna »

Juan86270

« Reply #72 on: September 16, 2018, 07:07:52 am »
please help me,
how can I move the jetway to a correct position?

try a thousand ways without success

cartayna

• Beta tester
« Reply #73 on: September 16, 2018, 04:03:06 pm »

Hello Umberto, before i start doing a ton of airports, i started with this 2 for you to understand what my problems are and why I say is erratic. I do not think that i can do it better and this took me 3 hours.. Please let me know which .ini file you need (please be more specific, file name and loaction) and also all the files that are needed to share configurations with you or others (this last obviously, when i get it to work).
Cheers.

« Last Edit: September 16, 2018, 11:33:45 pm by cartayna »

cartayna

• Beta tester
« Reply #74 on: September 16, 2018, 06:20:14 pm »

Another clue: GCLA - Aersoft v1.1. This scenery comes with 2 jetways (9 and 5), in this 2 i have to do exclusions. Gates 5 and 7 came with no jetways, thus i only added them. When i reload the sim, after updating the exclusions with your GSX2 control panel, the ones that were excluded do not show (pic1) and the ones added do. After restarting the coatl, the 4 jetways show, and all 4 are operational.

Umberto, i tried to solve the issues i have been reporting with GSX2.  I did a maintenance of P3D, executing the "Delete Generated Files" from the main directory.   EHAM, LEBL, EDDB, EDDF, GCLA are working. in one of them i had to restart the coatl and then it worked, but most of them started even with the gates into position. I then tried to add one gate into EDDB, using the create exception protocol and now is erratic again, and now the sceneries that were working ok after the delete generated files, start giving the same errors i here reported on the report attached In Barcelona en EDDB, "no jetaways can operate at this position".., see here: https://youtu.be/PY34aEmsfR4. i restart go again in LEBL and now it works. so really is a matter of luck. Erratic.*
i hope i dont have to do this every time i configurate an airport, since it can became an impossible ordeal to do.....  Can you please tell us the instructions on how to share airports modifications for GSX to other users please? files to copy and if any of then need to be modified, such as files paths and so on.

NOTE: If anybody is doing the same delete generated files, do not forget to backup the esential files in Appdata and ProgramData. Disk C:\ProgramData\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4 files:dll.xml, exe.xml, scenery.cfg, scenery.cfg.sce   AND in C:\Users\***you***AppData\Roaming\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4 files: Prepar3D, and Prepar3D.cfg.    ONCE you have executed DELETED GENERATED FILES.exe in the P3D main directory, replace the files in their folders as to not loose important configs.

Cheers
*solved ok, when you exit the simulator, even if you have not made any changes, you have to wait for he p3d to fully close, this usually takes 45 sec in my computer. (the best way to know is using your control  panel to see if it has finished closing). if you do this, it works now, specially after doing the delete generated files. Also, if I edit a jetway model (without touching the aready created exclusion), i get the same error, but if i exit the simultator, waiting for it to close properly, the issue solves. But the issue of having to restart the coatl several times in certain airports remains...However, in the case of UK2000 is crazy. yes, i have the latest version of GSX2. updated sund16th. it doesnt work. it loses configurations, it tells you you have default jetways, etc. see here: https://youtu.be/8rOX8ylWy4s
Umberto, please, give us instructions on how to share airports configs, (files, which need to be edited, folder locations, etc) thanks.
« Last Edit: September 17, 2018, 11:55:04 am by cartayna »