Author Topic: GSX Level 2 TUTORIAL - Replace Jetways on a 3rd party airport.  (Read 144255 times)

Wise87

GSX Level 2 TUTORIAL - Replace Jetways on a 3rd party airport.
« Reply #30 on: September 09, 2018, 08:38:57 am »
I am trying to add jetways to the Imagine Sim WSSS (Singapore Changi) and in the GSX airport editor it is not even picking up that there is a jetway there in the first place... I watched a tutorial video and it was showing options in the editor that are not available on my screen. This airport is essentially the entire reason I got this addon...

ImagineSim is getting ready to release an updated WSSS very soon with SODE gates. Why not wait until then.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Corey7659

Re: GSX Level 2 TUTORIAL - Replace Jetways on a 3rd party airport.
« Reply #31 on: September 09, 2018, 09:31:19 am »
Whilst I understand that the scenery is being released in the near future, that is besides the point, I think you as a company should advertise that is may not work with all 3rd party airport and maybe list them.

rdlepage

« Reply #32 on: September 09, 2018, 10:22:29 am »
Been trying to get this to work for hours and followed the tutorial video to the letter. Somethings not right and its driving me mad. Hope someone comes up with a solution.

Do you see an .INI file for your airport in the %APPDATA%\Virtuali\GSX folder, as soon as you start customizing (after you press Apply, of course) ?

Yes theres an ini file for the airport in folder.

Boeing 707

« Reply #33 on: September 09, 2018, 07:09:48 pm »
Hi

Do i understand this feature correctly that it's possible to replace jetways in any airport?

This could be example ORBX Stockholm Arlanda ESSA?

Thx..

Dennis

rdlepage

« Reply #34 on: September 09, 2018, 08:02:52 pm »
I think you can only exclude the jetways if thev'e been designed separate to the terminal building. Orbx ESSA have only static jetways.  If theyr'e part of the building you cant exclude the jetway to add another.
Hope you can. Haven't checked it out yet. trying to sort problems at EGKK at the moment.

jskiffington

« Reply #35 on: September 09, 2018, 11:02:19 pm »
I think you can only exclude the jetways if thev'e been designed separate to the terminal building. Orbx ESSA have only static jetways.  If theyr'e part of the building you cant exclude the jetway to add another.
Hope you can. Haven't checked it out yet. trying to sort problems at EGKK at the moment.

Yeah, I wish I would have known/realized that before I purchased. Not that I don’t think the product is good, but I was hoping to replace some static jetways and didn’t realize they weren’t replaceable.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #36 on: September 10, 2018, 12:16:45 am »
I was hoping to replace some static jetways and didn’t realize they weren’t replaceable.

Have a look at this post:

http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php/topic,18401.msg128495.html#msg128495

sascha_dj

« Reply #37 on: September 11, 2018, 04:27:02 pm »
Dear fsdt- team,

it doean't work for me. I watched your tutorial several times, it doesn't work for me:
I tried to replace the jetways once at FSDT EDDM, there is only gsx v1 active, you can't manage to choose new jetways, and animated passengers
Then I tried to replace the Jetways at EDDF v2 from aerosoft; it didn't work as well.

Please advice in easy words in a step by step menu,where to find which data and what exactly is to do, in order  to get this version 2 of GSX running.

Thanks a lot in advance,
Sascha 

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #38 on: September 11, 2018, 05:08:18 pm »
I tried to replace the jetways once at FSDT EDDM, there is only gsx v1 active, you can't manage to choose new jetways, and animated passengers Then I tried to replace the Jetways at EDDF v2 from aerosoft; it didn't work as well.

If GSX Level 2 is not active, you surely cannot customize jetways at EDDF.

Ocheid

« Reply #39 on: September 11, 2018, 09:03:33 pm »
I have a problem with "the jetway dosent resolve with any door" text when i test if the jetway will work. I have tried many different jetways, but no one work. Any idea what my problem might be?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #40 on: September 11, 2018, 09:05:29 pm »
That's another problem entirely. I suggest waiting for our next Live Update, which should be out in a few hours, that will have all jetway models updated to resolve more easily.

sascha_dj

« Reply #41 on: September 11, 2018, 09:54:29 pm »
@ virtuali:
I've activated GSX V2 in the addon Manager, but it doesn't work for me.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #42 on: September 12, 2018, 04:09:04 am »
I've activated GSX V2 in the addon Manager, but it doesn't work for me.

Not sure how this is related to this thread.

Wise87

« Reply #43 on: September 12, 2018, 04:22:31 am »
Whilst I understand that the scenery is being released in the near future, that is besides the point, I think you as a company should advertise that is may not work with all 3rd party airport and maybe list them.

I am not the developer. Enjoy your conflict down the road.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #44 on: September 12, 2018, 04:31:39 am »
I watched a tutorial video and it was showing options in the editor that are not available on my screen.

Which options you are missing ?