Author Topic: Airports active but not installed  (Read 5643 times)

okphillip

Airports active but not installed
« on: September 06, 2018, 09:36:34 pm »
I tried reinstalling my airports(klax, Kjfk, etc.) I activate them through the Virtuali add-on manager but cannot find them anywhere in the FSX/SE addon scenery menu where all the scenery is listed.  I do, however, in the FSX scenery listing of all scenery see the top 4-5 lines with the box checked but no scenery name..the lines are blank.  I don't know if these are the airports or not.  I suspect they are.

bottom line: The airports are registered and activated but not installed to FSX?  I ran the update after installing activating these add-ons.   

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Airports active but not installed
« Reply #1 on: September 06, 2018, 09:54:42 pm »
That seems to indicate your scenery.cfg was already corrupted, most likely for having edited it by hand, or by other utilities that corrupted it. If you could post it, I can tell you what's wrong with it.

If  FSX:SE is installed stand-alone (not together with the regular FSX), the file is located here:

%PROGRAMDATA%\Microsoft\FSX\scenery.cfg

okphillip

« Reply #2 on: September 06, 2018, 10:14:40 pm »
Ok, thanks Will do later.  The only add-on scenery I have installed (new computer) is some ORBX (PA NW, etc these don't show up either)  and KSFO Flightbeam from a boxed version. 

okphillip

« Reply #3 on: September 07, 2018, 06:13:49 am »
Ok here it is.  This is my my scenery.cfg through c/ (programs and files).....my actual FSX Steam is on a sep. drive D/  

« Last Edit: September 07, 2018, 07:52:21 am by virtuali »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #4 on: September 07, 2018, 07:54:18 am »
Ok here it is.  This is my my scenery.cfg through c/ (programs and files).....my actual FSX Steam is on a sep. drive D/  

No, that's NOT your scenery.cfg. That's ONLY the default scenery.cfg which is used as a backup to restore all default sceneries. As I've said in my previous message, the actual scenery is located here:

%PROGRAMDATA%\Microsoft\FSX\scenery.cfg

regardless where you installed FSX:SE.

And, please, DO NOT post the file, but ZIP it and Attach it to a post. It's not possible to check possible issues with the file itself, if you posted it that way.

okphillip

« Reply #5 on: September 10, 2018, 05:41:38 am »
Here is the zipped file of my scenery.cfg where you said to find it. 

okphillip

« Reply #6 on: September 10, 2018, 06:27:28 am »
After posting that scenery.cfg I redownloaded KLax from fsdreamteam website.  It now shows in my scenery listin at spot number one in fsx.  But,  the airport shows no terminal buildings, just the jetways.   

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #7 on: September 10, 2018, 10:54:59 am »
Is the Addon Manger reporting the scenery to be installed ?

okphillip

« Reply #8 on: September 10, 2018, 07:48:56 pm »
No.  it reads "active and installed" but since I downloaded the scenery as a new order from the website then activated is as a new order I now have 2 "addon managers" in the FSX add-on drop down menu.  So to reinstall my older previous scenery should I be downloading it as if it's a new purchase then just adding my serial number?  I don't want another addon manager added each time.  : )  Of couese I still have my terminals missing.  I can research that on my own.  You must get tired of answering the same thing over and over. :)

Thanks,

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #9 on: September 11, 2018, 12:54:06 pm »
I now have 2 "addon managers" in the FSX add-on drop down menu. 

This because you installed using an old installer (one that used to install automatically INTO the simulator) *after* you installed some other FSDT products with the new installers, that let you install everywhere.

Install only using the current version of the installers.

okphillip

« Reply #10 on: September 13, 2018, 02:50:13 am »
It's all so confusing.  So to reinstall my airports I do it through the website of through the addon manager?  I may attempt to reinstall if I ever figure out why my terminals don't show up.   

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #11 on: September 13, 2018, 02:51:41 am »
So to reinstall my airports I do it through the website of through the addon manager?

The Addon Manger doesn't reinstall anything. It can only activate or reactivate, but you still must download the actual installer.