Author Topic: GSX freezes after “Hello captain, we are ready for pushback”  (Read 6429 times)

billkhaled

GSX freezes after “Hello captain, we are ready for pushback”
« on: September 01, 2018, 12:51:28 pm »
This is getting very annoying now as I complete my entire pre flight only to realise GSX will not push me back. The aircraft this usually happens is the PMDG 737 and has happened at UK2000 EGCC, EGKK and Flytampa Amsterdam. My verbosity setting is not too low, I read a thread with a similar issue which was of no use. If it is helpful when I re connect to ground power GSX continues with the messages, but I can’t push back on ground power.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: GSX freezes after “Hello captain, we are ready for pushback”
« Reply #1 on: September 01, 2018, 02:35:44 pm »
If it is helpful when I re connect to ground power GSX continues with the messages, but I can’t push back on ground power.

Have you turned on the APU ?

billkhaled

« Reply #2 on: September 01, 2018, 03:32:58 pm »
Yes

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: September 01, 2018, 03:49:28 pm »
If it is helpful when I re connect to ground power GSX continues with the messages, but I can’t push back on ground power.

In order to allow pushback in the PMDG 737, GSX checks the following:

- Wheelchocks must be removed

- the PMDG GPU vehicle must be removed

- the PMDG Air Start Unit vehicle must be removed

- the APU must be On

- the Pitot covers must be removed

There's nothing in the GSX code that ever checks for Ground Power (unless you meant the GPU vehicle) so, I cannot possibly understand why GSX allows pushback only when the Ground power (not the vehicle) is enabled.

And, in any case, if ANY of these constraint is active, you are supposed to see the GSX message window indicating all the conditions that must be satisfied. Assuming you have the verbosity slider up, of course...

billkhaled

« Reply #4 on: September 01, 2018, 04:03:43 pm »
After removing the chocks, everything is off and the APU is running with parking brakes set. After I hear “Hello captain we are ready for pushback” there are no further instructions.
« Last Edit: September 01, 2018, 04:26:03 pm by virtuali »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #5 on: September 01, 2018, 04:26:49 pm »
After removing the chocks, everything is off and the APU is running with parking brakes set. After I hear “Hello captain we are ready for pushback” there are no further instructions.

Could be the usual issue with the scenery having the pushback direction set to None ?

billkhaled

« Reply #6 on: September 01, 2018, 07:19:30 pm »

Could be the usual issue with the scenery having the pushback direction set to None ?

No it’s set to both

billkhaled

« Reply #7 on: September 01, 2018, 09:12:22 pm »
*UPDATE ON THE SITUATION*

I figured out tonight that GSX is responding but with very long intervals. For example it will commence pushback 5 minutes after relasing the parking brakes. Also after selecting an option, going to the GSX settings page and back, means the instruction is followed instantly
« Last Edit: September 01, 2018, 09:18:00 pm by billkhaled »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #8 on: September 01, 2018, 09:22:36 pm »
For example it will commence pushback 5 minutes after relasing the parking brakes. Also after selecting an option, going to the GSX settings page and back, means the instruction is followed instantly

That's strange, and nobody ever reported it so far. GSX, like any other Simconnect addon, requires to be called BY the sim at some time interval, otherwise it won't process anything.

It's *possible* that, due to very high traffic on Simconnect (too many addons sending too many commands in a short interval) might cause this. Do you have a weather engine running ?  Does it happen with a default airplane ?

billkhaled

« Reply #9 on: September 01, 2018, 09:45:49 pm »
Well I have projectfly and FSWX, I recently downloaded Ezdok camera v2 when this all began
« Last Edit: September 01, 2018, 09:48:05 pm by virtuali »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #10 on: September 01, 2018, 09:49:11 pm »
Well I have projectfly and FSWX, I recently downloaded Ezdok camera v2 when this all began

Then the obvious next troubleshooting step would be disabling all addons (I'd start with Ezdok camera, since you said it started with it), then re-enabling them, one by one, until you find the culprit.

billkhaled

« Reply #11 on: September 02, 2018, 11:28:29 am »
I removed EZdok camera but there was no change and GSX still remained unresponsive upon call for pushback. It goes as far as to say ‘locking gear’ but the marshaller never moves to lock my gear. I have even tried it without my weather engine, and I still have the same issue.
« Last Edit: September 02, 2018, 07:41:42 pm by virtuali »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #12 on: September 02, 2018, 07:43:46 pm »
Since nobody else reported this issue (GSX working, but replying only after minutes), it must be some kind of conflict with another add-on so, as I've said in my previous reply, start with disabling *all* your other addon modules.

BTW, I think you haven't said which simulator you use. It might be important.

bajansimdude

« Reply #13 on: April 29, 2020, 03:08:25 pm »
well, it's 2020 and I receive this error where nothing happens after here hello captain we are ready for pushback. Usually restarting Couatl will solve it sometimes once other times a few restarts.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #14 on: April 29, 2020, 10:33:38 pm »
Please describe PRECISELY when this happens, and which airplane are using.