Author Topic: How to install to P3Dv4?  (Read 8689 times)

intrekid

How to install to P3Dv4?
« on: August 29, 2018, 07:42:15 pm »
Hello!

Is it just me, or is the FSXBA Hornet v18.3 for P3Dv4 lacking installation instructions? Could someone make a step by step guide, which additional files are needed and where all the files should be placed. Thank you.

PhantomTweak

Re: How to install to P3Dv4?
« Reply #1 on: August 30, 2018, 12:29:04 am »
First, makes certain you download the correct version. The two different versions, one for FSX/P3Dv3, and one for P3Dv3 and up.
Once you have the zip file on your HD, unzip it to a TEMP folder you've created just for this purpose.
Copy all the folder resulting from the unzip, and I can't speak to the exact name of the plane's folder, since I don't have P3D at all, but the one for FSX is named FA-18C_FSXBA_BA_18.3.00. Copy this folder to where you have all your airplane folders. In FSX it's ...\FSX\Simobjects\Airplanes . I believe in P3D it's something similar.
Go to the plane's folder you just installed. Open the folder named P3D Specific Files. Under that is one named Gauges. Open that folder, and copy all the files in it to your ...P3D\Gauges.
Clost the Gauges folder, and open the one named Panel.Fleet, still within the P3D Specific Files folder. Copy the 2 files within that to the folder Panel.Fleet, in the plane's main folder. You may be prompted to over-write the files already there. Answer Yes.
Now, go open the folder named EXTRAS, within the plane's main folder. Open the folder named EFFECTS. Copy all the files within it, along with the folder TEXTURES, to your P3D Effects folder. You will be prompted to merge the Textures folder with the one in the P3D\Effects folder. Answer YES.
If you are prompted to over-write any of the files within the Effects folder, answer Yes.

Now, if you desire to save some HD space, go to the TEMP folder you created at the beginning of this process, and either delete it, or it's contents. I strongly advise keeping the original Zip file you downloaded, in case you need a back-up copy of any of the files it contains.

Does this help at all?
Pat☺

jimi08

• FSX BLUE ANGELS
« Reply #2 on: August 30, 2018, 03:02:52 am »
Intrekid:

Trying to find see if this P3Dv4 autoinstaller works.  Can you download and give it a go and report back if it works?

link: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1CqygGhrJQr2P0xTgkcIwFetgB-7-GUgN

Thanks.

Jimi

Justin "Jimi" Hendrix
FSX Blue Angels
FSXBA F/A-18C Hornet Latest Download Link: http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php/topic,6944.msg117011.html#msg1

PhantomTweak

« Reply #3 on: August 30, 2018, 07:29:16 am »
LOL!!  :D  :D

Well, I guess if it works properly, then you can forget my last post  ;D

Great timing, Jimi  ;)

Have fun, and good luck, intrekid! 8)
Pat☺

ctec1

« Reply #4 on: August 30, 2018, 02:09:01 pm »
Jimi,

No go on my end with that P3DV4 installer. Got the FCS_Fail error on the HUD. Also at the end of the installation the box that reads "show ReadMe" was checked but never displayed anything. Cant check anything else at the moment . I'll check  in again later when I get more time to look it over.

Thanks again to you and the crew for all you do ;D

jimi08

• FSX BLUE ANGELS
« Reply #5 on: August 30, 2018, 04:20:57 pm »
ctec1,

Copy all and thanks for the good feedback. 

Jimi

Justin "Jimi" Hendrix
FSX Blue Angels
FSXBA F/A-18C Hornet Latest Download Link: http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php/topic,6944.msg117011.html#msg1

jimi08

• FSX BLUE ANGELS
« Reply #6 on: August 31, 2018, 02:07:47 am »
Alright,

Give this one a go.  I think I found and corrected the issues.

Link: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1FF6uavVqDkpSPRkWk9DjYM--dhF_LkyO

Jimi

Justin "Jimi" Hendrix
FSX Blue Angels

ctec1

« Reply #7 on: August 31, 2018, 02:55:02 am »
Downloading now. Will let you know how it goes shortly. All I had to do to initialize the FCS was replace the existing HornetFCS.dll that was in the Panel.Fleet folder with the one from the Extras folder. That initialized the FCS but really I havent had a chance to fly it more than a few minutes.

Edit: Looks like you nailed it Jimi. The FCS initialized and the Readme file displayed properly at the end of the installation. The installer looks good. now to get out to the boat. THX Again!!!!!
« Last Edit: August 31, 2018, 03:15:07 am by ctec1 »

jimi08

• FSX BLUE ANGELS
« Reply #8 on: August 31, 2018, 03:27:26 am »
Anytime!

Justin "Jimi" Hendrix
FSX Blue Angels

ctec1

« Reply #9 on: August 31, 2018, 06:28:33 pm »
Jimi,

You may need to take a look at the installer again. I tried to pull up the HUD Panel gauge (SHIFT+2) and got a message stating that the first two slots were not bound to anything. (SHIFT+3) and onward work but the first two gauges wouldnt open. I tried swapping the Panel.cfg from the Extras folder. What i got was working gauges but for some reason the HUD in VC Cockpit view is blank, like no power, although the HUD switch is in the on position. The 2D HUD gauge (SHIFT+1) is working but the HUD  wont display in VC view. I kinda recall something about this in the past but cant find the post. Is there someway to turn that HUD on? Hope this makes some sense.

jimi08

• FSX BLUE ANGELS
« Reply #10 on: August 31, 2018, 06:56:46 pm »
Jimi,

You may need to take a look at the installer again. I tried to pull up the HUD Panel gauge (SHIFT+2) and got a message stating that the first two slots were not bound to anything. (SHIFT+3) and onward work but the first two gauges wouldnt open. I tried swapping the Panel.cfg from the Extras folder. What i got was working gauges but for some reason the HUD in VC Cockpit view is blank, like no power, although the HUD switch is in the on position. The 2D HUD gauge (SHIFT+1) is working but the HUD  wont display in VC view. I kinda recall something about this in the past but cant find the post. Is there someway to turn that HUD on? Hope this makes some sense.

No mistake here. The HUD only and HUD control panels have been removed as most of their functionality has already been integrated into the to the virtual cockpit. Also, I have some other gauges in store in the near future and needed to create space for those gauges when I get the opportunity to implement them.

Justin "Jimi" Hendrix
FSX Blue Angels

ctec1

« Reply #11 on: August 31, 2018, 08:48:22 pm »
Got it ;D

joebelter

« Reply #12 on: September 03, 2018, 05:19:49 am »
 The new installer was FLAWLESS for me.  It cleared up all issues! 
 I can't say what a wonderful job you've done here. CLEARLY a class act from start to finish.  One of the best aircraft addons I've seen in a long time, let alone for Prepar3d V4. 
  FANTASTIC!
  Thanks,
    Joe

jimi08

• FSX BLUE ANGELS
« Reply #13 on: September 03, 2018, 10:13:33 am »
Glad to hear things went accordingly and thanks for the good words Joe. I'll be sure to pass them along to the team!

Justin "Jimi" Hendrix
FSX Blue Angels

intrekid

« Reply #14 on: September 05, 2018, 05:24:44 pm »
Thanks for the new installer!

I wonder if FA-18.dll is still needed from FSX Acceleration or is it included in the P3Dv4 installer?