Author Topic: CRASH P3D v4.3 after inital install of XPOI  (Read 7769 times)

18hazelwood

CRASH P3D v4.3 after inital install of XPOI
« on: August 13, 2018, 08:46:17 pm »
XPOI was working when I am in the UK at EGTE.

Switch to a different airport ORBX Norway and sim crashes, after all my software testing XPOI is the definite cause, just purchased today...everything perfect before this insatll...……...red labeling about servers etc....to quick to write down.
Orbx Base & Norway.

any ideas???
« Last Edit: August 14, 2018, 08:20:19 am by 18hazelwood »

18hazelwood

Re: CRASH P3D v4.3
« Reply #1 on: August 14, 2018, 08:15:53 am »
OK,

Resolved.
1. Gave full admin rights to the main addon manager folder
2. Selected LESS POI`s at Initial start up.

It would seem that having TOO MANY POI`s selected Has/Could crash the sim. Especially in an area where there is a lot of POI`s.

I deselected only leaving several selected and the sim stabilized. I then selected a few more POI`s to get a good balance. it would seem selecting ALL causes major issues for me at least.

I now have XPOI disabled for Initail start up of the sim, set up my flight and wait for the sim to stabilize and then ENABLE XPOI with limited POI`s selected, a good balance etc and it works fine.

Hope this helps someone.
« Last Edit: August 14, 2018, 08:23:36 am by 18hazelwood »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: CRASH P3D v4.3 after inital install of XPOI
« Reply #2 on: August 15, 2018, 01:17:17 am »
It's not that "Couatl is crashing the sim". Couatl, being an external .EXE simply cannot crash the sim, since it doesn't have any access to its memory. It's the sim that is crashing by itself, when it's creating lots objects (by itself), following a command sent by XPOI through the standard Simconnect interface.

Sure, we might have added some limit ourselves but the issue is, there isn't any documentation about how many objects the sim could display before crashing, and this is likely different between FSX, P3D (32 bit) and P3D4 (64 bit).

Also, when the data source is external, like in XPOI, it's difficult to estimate how many object will be created in a certain area. On some places, you could easily run with everything turned on, and won't display as many objects as another area with just a few classes so, it's probably best to start low, and enable classes one at the time, until you get to know how many classes you can use in that particular area. They are VASTLY different in density.