Author Topic: GSX does not show up under P3Dv4.3's AddOn menu **SOLVED AMD drivers bug**  (Read 1620 times)

roarkr

I get this error message in Couatl.err:

couatl v3.2 (build 3997)
panic log started on Mon Aug 13 19:59:16 2018

problem raised by addon Documents
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File ".\GSX\__init__.py", line 482, in onAppStart
  File "C:\Users\Max\Documents\Couatl\GSX\pyglet\image\__init__.py", line 145, in <module>
  File "c:\users\max\appdata\local\temp\pip-build-yy6niw\pyglet\pyglet\gl\__init__.py", line 239, in <module>
  File "C:\Users\Max\Documents\Couatl\GSX\pyglet\window\__init__.py", line 1886, in <module>
  File "c:\users\max\appdata\local\temp\pip-build-yy6niw\pyglet\pyglet\gl\__init__.py", line 208, in _create_shadow_window
  File "c:\users\max\appdata\local\temp\pip-build-yy6niw\pyglet\pyglet\window\win32\__init__.py", line 133, in __init__
  File "C:\Users\Max\Documents\Couatl\GSX\pyglet\window\__init__.py", line 512, in __init__
  File "c:\users\max\appdata\local\temp\pip-build-yy6niw\pyglet\pyglet\canvas\base.py", line 159, in get_best_config
  File "c:\users\max\appdata\local\temp\pip-build-yy6niw\pyglet\pyglet\canvas\win32.py", line 34, in get_matching_configs
  File "c:\users\max\appdata\local\temp\pip-build-yy6niw\pyglet\pyglet\gl\win32.py", line 29, in match
  File "c:\users\max\appdata\local\temp\pip-build-yy6niw\pyglet\pyglet\gl\win32.py", line 73, in _get_pixel_format_descriptor_matching_configs
WindowsError: exception: access violation writing 0x74D7E554
{}
Using aircraft data from aircraft.cfg file
Loading airport ENBR from H:\Prepar3D v4\ORBX\FTX_EU\FTX_EU_NOR_05_SCENERY\scenery\ADE_FTX_NOR_ENBR.BGL
Added Menu SubItem "Customize airport positions..." (parentId 82, id 99)

The GSX installer is downloaded and installed with MS Defender disabled.

I really do not understand the the path :

File "C:\Users\Max\Documents\Couatl\GSX\pyglet\image\__init__.py", line 145, in <module>

in the Couatl.err as my username is not MAX!

I have a full install of latest P3Dv4.3

What could be the cause to my problem?
« Last Edit: August 15, 2018, 01:07:53 am by virtuali »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: GSX does not show up under P3Dv4.3's AddOn menu
« Reply #1 on: August 15, 2018, 01:07:37 am »
The problem doesn't have anything to do with GSX and, instead, it's caused by a bug of your video drivers. Another user with an AMD card reported the same issue a while ago here:

http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php/topic,17879.msg124918.html#msg124918

And he reported it was fixed after doing a clean reinstall of the driver, using the one provided by Windows 10:

I ended up doing a clean install, and used the driver that Windows 10 provides, which is for an ATI Radeon RX480 Video Card.
That did the trick, as it works with no issues!

It has been also discussed here, in the thread named "Fresh P3D V4.2 Installation - GSX Couatl Error **SOLVED**":
http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php/topic,17879.msg124918.html#msg124918

And also here, in the thread named "Addon Document is causing the Couatl scripting Engine to restart **SOLVED**"
http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php/topic,18210.msg126986.html#msg126986
« Last Edit: August 15, 2018, 01:09:29 am by virtuali »

roarkr

I do not have AMD hardware , I have a NVIDIA GTX 1070 card with the very latest 398.82 driver. I am running P3D on a 4K screen.

So I still believe the GSX software is the route cause for this issue.

Lately I have seen that sometime GSX pops up OK in the Add-ons menu

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
So I still believe the GSX software is the route cause for this issue.

No, GSX doesn't have anything to do with this, it's only the victim of a video driver problem.

The problem is the video driver but, as of today, all users that reported it so far, always had AMD cards, but that doesn't automatically means nVidia cards cannot cause this, just that you are the first one reporting it.

If might just be a wrong TWEAK you might have applied, for example some setting from nVidia inspector. Try a custom reinstall of the drivers, using the option to clean up all settings.