Author Topic: Strange Goings On  (Read 2291 times)

jps611

Strange Goings On
« on: August 13, 2018, 02:39:30 pm »
Some of the strange things I have experienced recently with GSX.
I choose my parking space, after being told there are suitable parking spots. I  land and have GSX move me to my parking spot. I get there, but there is another airplane in my space, so now I am on top of the other aircraft
I land and have GSX move me to my parking spot and begin the deboard, but nothing happens, nothing. I wait and wait and no deboard equipment ever show up.
I am flying a E-190. I land and have GSX move me to my parking spot. When I get to my parking spot, my aircraft has been changed to a B738 in Alaska Airline trim. What?
Why am I getting these strange anomalies? It is very frustrating to have GSX not work the way it is supposed to. Am I doing something wrong? Sometimes GSX works fine, but too many times it does not.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Strange Goings On
« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2018, 04:23:55 pm »
GSX will of course check if your parking is occupied by an AI, and will NOT allow to select the parking if an AI has taken the parking.

Are you SURE that airplane is an AI and not, for example, a static airplane ? In that case, GSX cannot obviously detect a static plane so, it's up to the scenery developer to correctly disable parking spots taken by static because, if they are not disable, the same thing you are reporting here, will also happen to an AI, which would clash with the static.

Some developers might offer different AFCADs, depending if you use or not static planes for that scenery and, when you switch between them, you must use the "Restart and rebuild the airport cache" option in GSX, in order to be sure GSX is picking the AFCAD with static planes. This, of course, assuming there IS a different AFCAD with static to choose from.

An "AFCAD with static", means an AFCAD with parking spots assigned to static not present in the AFCAD, so nobody will use them: either the AIs or GSX.

jps611

« Reply #2 on: August 14, 2018, 12:51:41 pm »
I use World of AI. so, I guess those are the "static" airplanes and that would explain why I end up on top of the other aircraft. I had a feeling the problem was not GSX. But, why do I land and am in my parking spot, nothing happens after I ask for de-board? This does not happen all the time, but it does happen. Thanks

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: August 15, 2018, 12:30:45 am »
But, why do I land and am in my parking spot, nothing happens after I ask for de-board?

Maybe for the same reason: that parking might just not exists, because it was reserved for a static so, GSX doesn't think you are parked, because there's no parking there.

If that's not the case, please clarify better. Do you see that parking listed in the GSX menu ?

jps611

« Reply #4 on: August 15, 2018, 03:30:07 pm »
Before I land GSX gives me a list available parking, I choose my parking spot. I am parking in available parking. I request de-board and nothing happens. I wait, wait and wait. I even speed up the sim rate to 8x and I still see nothing happening.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #5 on: August 18, 2018, 03:06:19 pm »
Before I land GSX gives me a list available parking, I choose my parking spot. I am parking in available parking.

Ok, maybe the problem is the same reported here:

http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php/topic,18145.msg127202.html#msg127202

Does it work if you select a gate after landing instead ?