Author Topic: Aerosoft A319 loading  (Read 2809 times)

chumley

Aerosoft A319 loading
« on: August 11, 2018, 01:52:21 pm »
First of all I have updated GSX and there is an intelliscene.cfg dated 1/8/18 in the Aimobjects folder for the 2 variants of A319 and the single variant of A318.

Now, earlier I started a flight and everything worked as expected. Servicing, refueling and Pax loading completed with all vehicles lining up with the relevant doors and everything was good.

I then departed using the GSX pushback - still good.

Made the flight and paused it while I kept the family happy and had dinner with them.

Came back to the flight, unpaused  and completed it to the destination.

Landed, set the parking spot and taxied to the stand.

Requested deboarding and the stairs di their job correctly but the loaders did a strange shuffle around and under the fuselage then unloaded.

I called the updater and re-intsalled GSX. Started the deboarding procedure and this time GSX performed as expected.

Am I missing something?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Aerosoft A319 loading
« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2018, 04:45:36 pm »
First of all I have updated GSX and there is an intelliscene.cfg dated 1/8/18 in the Aimobjects folder for the 2 variants of A319 and the single variant of A318.

GSX updates don't update the intelliscene.cfg files (they come with the airplane) and GSX won't use them if the airplane is already supported by GSX so, every reference to them is not relevant for an internally supported airplane like the Aerosoft Airbus.

Requested deboarding and the stairs di their job correctly but the loaders did a strange shuffle around and under the fuselage then unloaded.

This can possibly depend on the scenery used. Which is why, GSX allows you to customize the vehicles starting position for every parking.

chumley

« Reply #2 on: August 14, 2018, 07:27:54 am »
Thanks. Understand better now the issue of supported versus unsupported aircraft.

I also am aware of the ability to customize vehicle starting positions and have done so on occasions in the past.

However, the issue I was referring to in the 'strange shuffle' was that at departure GSX did everything expected without surprise but at the end of the same flight the behaviour was strange. To cehck the problem further I shutdown P3D and restarted. Going to the exact same parking position with the exact same aircraft and asking for deboarding to happen everything went as expected.

The aircraft was the Aerosoft A319 CFM and the airport was YSNF (default) at Gate 1 after flying in from NZAA.
« Last Edit: August 15, 2018, 12:30:59 am by virtuali »

chumley

« Reply #3 on: August 27, 2018, 05:41:42 am »
Interesting that my last post was edited by Virtuali but I don't know what was edited.

Problem hasn't gone away but I am.

Disinterest, mine, wins.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #4 on: August 29, 2018, 05:12:22 pm »
Interesting that my last post was edited by Virtuali but I don't know what was edited.

Your probably quoted it in the wrong way, for example by quoting my entire message, instead of quoting only relevant parts, which is a common mistake and the most common reason for editing a post.

Problem hasn't gone away but I am. Disinterest, mine, wins.

I'm not sure what you are trying to say here but, I think I've already replied to you what might have caused this.

If the problem happened ONLY on the return flight, we might have found the issue, which could also cause sliding marshallers (on return flight only) and should be fixed in the next update.

chumley

« Reply #5 on: August 30, 2018, 12:07:07 pm »
I guess 'disinterest' was a tad strong.

I know you have people who will argue black and blue that GSX causes issues for them when it can often be traced back to either not reading the documentation or a dodgy piece of software or hardware on their system. After all if the issue is only with them it can hardly be GSX that is causing the issue.

I had simply decided to get on with it rather than let it dominate what I enjoy doing and figured at the end of the day it was only an issue if I watched it rather than controlling the process from where I should be, inside the virtual cockpit.

I'm pleased that there you have potentially resolved the problem and a fix is in the offing.

Still looking forward to the 'expansion' pack and while I'm thinking about that will there be an option for PAX to walk out to the aircraft across the apron rather than being delivered by bus or through an airbridge? It would be quite cool if the user could define parking spots that have PAX walk to the aircraft from the terminal building say from a lat/long coordinate defined by the user that could be within the footprint of the building so they emerge as they would at many airports and head for front and back stairs. This will frequently be seen where low cost carriers embark/disembark passengers.

chumley

« Reply #6 on: August 30, 2018, 02:32:32 pm »
Should have mentioned the issue was not on a'return' flight it was at the end of the first flight.

GSX worked as expected at the origin but fouled up at the destination. When GSX was stopped and restarted the vehicles worked as they should.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #7 on: August 30, 2018, 03:17:37 pm »
GSX worked as expected at the origin but fouled up at the destination. When GSX was stopped and restarted the vehicles worked as they should.

Yes, that's what I meant: GSX working correctly on departure, but not at destination. As I've said in my previous reply, we might have fixed this for the next update.