Author Topic: GSX Installation in P3D V4 error  (Read 2160 times)

Hamodi

GSX Installation in P3D V4 error
« on: August 27, 2018, 05:04:12 pm »
Hello,

I have tried installing the gsx to my p3d v4 via the gsx installer. The addon manager installed correctly into my C drive but I had no success with GSX in my simulator. I've tried excluding the addon manager folder and disabled the antivirus but still no success. Please, can someone help me figuring this problem out?

Regards

Hamodi

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: GSX Installation in P3D V4 error
« Reply #1 on: August 29, 2018, 05:06:29 pm »
Why you think GSX hasn't been installed ? Maybe you expected to have a separate GSX entry in the "OPTIONS->ADD-ONS" menu of the sim ? On that menu, you are only supposed to see the Addon Manager.

GSX, instead, should appear in the "Addons" MENU. If you are missing it here, so you only have the Addon Manager menu, the problem of missing menu items under the Addons menu it's usually caused by one of these:

1) Defective antivirus. Download and install with the Antivirus disabled AND configure the antivirus to exclude the whole Addon Manager folder from scanning BEFORE starting the sim.

OR

2) Missing/Corrupted VC++ libraries in your system. See solution in the "Addon Manager not showing up in P3Dv4 **SOLVED**" thread:

http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php/topic,17484.msg122656.html#msg122656

Hamodi

« Reply #2 on: August 29, 2018, 06:52:49 pm »
Sir, I don't have addons menu in the sim. Just in OPTIONS>Add-Ons there's the Addon manager.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: August 29, 2018, 09:47:29 pm »
Sir, I don't have addons menu in the sim.

If you don't have the whole "Addons" menu, it's clearly something wrong with your VC++ libraries. Point #2 of my previous reply.