Author Topic: GSX passenger and refueling issue  (Read 3447 times)

Johnathan Pata

GSX passenger and refueling issue
« on: August 11, 2018, 03:23:58 am »
Hey guys,

I noticed on 1 of my flights when I am loading the passengers and refueling that it is not working properly. My last flight I had 67 passengers but GSX loaded 224, also when I was refueling my plane it is only loading around 5,000 lbs of fuel when I was refueling for over 58,000 lbs. The only thing I have done is run the updater.

Thank you for the help
Intel(R) Core(TM) i9-10850K
OPERATING SYSTEM:Genuine Windows 7 Home Premium, 64Bit
HARD DRIVE: 1 SAMSUNG EVO 840 SSD with 2TB HDD and a 875W Multi-GPU Approved Power Supply
MEMORY: 32GB Dual Channel DDR3 at 1333MHz   
VIDEO CARD:4GB NVIDIA GTX 960

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: GSX passenger and refueling issue
« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2018, 05:14:36 pm »
This has been explained so many times on the forum and, of course, on the GSX manual.

GSX estimates the number of passengers from the total weight of all the loading stations, divided by 220 lbs, which is the industry standard for how much an passenger + luggage weights.

When you say "My last flight I had 67 passengers", what exactly you mean with this ? The simulator doesn't have a standard variable for the number of passengers, which means you are surely referring to an airplane that has a custom method to set the number of passengers. WHEN you used this method ?

IF you did it *before* calling GSX, and the airplane has correctly set the number of payload stations to indicate the number of passengers, the GSX estimate shouldn't be that far off.

However, there are some cases where the GSX estimate will surely fail, and are:

- Airplanes with a "combo" cargo + pax configuration. Since the sim doesn't have a way to tell addons if a payload station is cargo or luggage, GSX cannot tell and will use all the payload stations to make its calculations, resulting in an higher total.-

- Airplanes that loads passengers progressively. GSX will estimate the pax number when you call boarding or deboarding but, if the airplane is taking some time to load passengers, the number calculated by GSX will likely be lower than the final one.

In order to fix these issues, we have TWO separate systems in place:

1) The ability for airplane developers to TELL GSX the exact number of passengers, even while they are loaded, which is already supported by the FS Labs A320/319, so the two will always be in agreement.

2) The ability for the user to stop GSX from estimating the passengers number, in the GSX Settings. By disabling that option, GSX will always ask you for the passenger number during boarding/deboarding.

About the refueling, you don't say which airplane you used. Please read the GSX manual, because the refueling works in an entirely different way, depending if the airplane is flagged as having a custom fuel system or not.

Johnathan Pata

« Reply #2 on: August 15, 2018, 06:49:47 pm »
When you say "My last flight I had 67 passengers", what exactly you mean with this ? The simulator doesn't have a standard variable for the number of passengers, which means you are surely referring to an airplane that has a custom method to set the number of passengers. WHEN you used this method ?

I fly the pmdg 777 and whenever I add the number of pax in the fmc GSX knew how many to load.

As far as refueling I used to get multiple trucks to refuel my plane (PMDG 777) but now it will only bring 1 truck and stops at 5,000 lbs when it used to refuel more than 5,000 lbs per truck and would bring at least 2 trucks.
HARD DRIVE: 1 SAMSUNG EVO 840 SSD with 2TB HDD and a 875W Multi-GPU Approved Power Supply

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: August 18, 2018, 02:49:35 pm »
I fly the pmdg 777 and whenever I add the number of pax in the fmc GSX knew how many to load.

No, GSX never knew how many to load.

As explained in the manual,  and in my previous post, GSX could only ESTIMATE the number of passengers in the same way it always did, by dividing the total station load by 220 lbs so, it would NEVER be 100% accurate to that you set in the PMDG 777 FMC, because that number is something only used by PMDG internally.

So, unless PMDG updates the 777 to SET the GSX variables for the passenger numbers, as explained in point #1 of my previous reply, there's no way the passenger number set in the PMDG FMC and the one displayed by GSX will ever match and, nothing has ever changed in GSX in the 6 years it has been out.

But of course, since there's now a new option for users to manually set the passenger numbers, as explained in point #2 of my previous post, you have the option to be able to override whatever calculation GSX might have made, and change it to your liking, usually the same number you put in the PMDG FMC.

As far as I know, there's only ONE 3rd party airplane that supports direct interaction with GSX, resulting in the correct number of passengers all the time, and it's the latest version of the FSLabs A319/A320

Johnathan Pata

« Reply #4 on: August 22, 2018, 07:45:12 am »
ok thank you