Author Topic: Issue with Pushback direction at abnormal stands  (Read 1401 times)

pilotdude7

Issue with Pushback direction at abnormal stands
« on: August 11, 2018, 01:13:13 am »
I have found that when at a gate with taxi markings as in the picture here https://imgur.com/a/urowL2G  GSX will only allow me to push straight back. The airports I have witnessed this in are T2G VHHH and FlyTampa OMDB. If I edit the stand in the GSX Configuration tool to allow pushback in both directions I run into a more strange issue. Once I request push and start clearance, GSX will then acknowledge the command with a notification but the truck will not start moving and no pushback will start. The options menu for pushback directions does not appear as it should here. I am using the most recent version of P3D v4, GSX, as well as both of the test airports. I may have missed a fix for this bug but otherwise, I am stumped as to what is happening here. I think this may be an AFCAD thing with how these particular taxi lines are structured. Help is very much appreciated :)

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Issue with Pushback direction at abnormal stands
« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2018, 05:21:57 pm »
You cannot just enable pushback in both direction, and that will magically work. There might be a reason why a scenery developer might have set the parking spot with just one direction, or none at all.

Of course, GSX cannot possibly know if the scenery developer hasn't set a direction for a reason, or he might have simply forget to set one, that's why GSX can only trust the scenery but, that doesn't guarantee that, if you override that setting, it will always work correctly. In fact, it will work correctly only in those cases where the scenery developer didn't set the pushback direction because he made a mistake.

If there was a proper reason to disable the pushback in a specific place, overriding in GSX won't let the reason go away auto-magically! If there are no nodes in the AFCAD, for a reason (maybe there's an obstacle there), GSX cannot pushback over non-esisting nodes.

Read the GSX manual, the "Custom Pushback" chapter, and see if you can use a custom node by its coordinates instead. You'll have to open the scenery with ADE, to see which one might be the proper node to use, and get its coordinates to be inserted in GSX.