Author Topic: GSX - Tug feature.  (Read 3519 times)

DreamSkywards

GSX - Tug feature.
« on: August 08, 2018, 02:59:00 pm »
Good afternoon,

I know the tug feature has been confirmed several times by Umberto, and I would like to ask a few things about it.

Is there any chances we the end user might put nodes in the afcad, informing the tug to stop in a certain spot, or will there be an option where we can ask the tug to stop via the GSX interface?
Will we be able to call the tug from any position, regardless if you are on a parking spot or taxiway?

For example, in this particular place in Geneva, airplanes never taxi out/in on their own. A tug is always pulling planes in and out, because the parking positions are placed so tightly together, a pilot trying to taxi in or out might hit a resting plane.

https://c1.staticflickr.com/1/853/28988592337_8516f3db86_o.jpg

Here is a detailed plan.
https://c2.staticflickr.com/2/1819/43876860282_245fc5618b_o.jpg
A tug will always come and pull the planes from their parking positions up to the disconnect position noted on this image.

Also I know FSDreamTeam did not add the parking positions for this place. (Called P48) I am in the process of adding them myself with Airport Design Editor.
« Last Edit: August 08, 2018, 11:35:15 pm by virtuali »

DreamSkywards

Re: GSX - Tug feature.
« Reply #1 on: August 08, 2018, 03:12:57 pm »
I try to add as much information into my posts as possible so I can help you as I can from my side on ops. in Geneva, but these are obviously only suggestions/questions, from someone who has no clue in programming. The last words are yours.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #2 on: August 08, 2018, 11:37:22 pm »
We have confirmed several times that, after the GSX Level 2 expansion will be out, the next big update will be an overall improvement of the core Pushback system, and this will be included in the base GSX program ( = it will be free ).

Fully customized pushback routes, independent from the AFCAD, are clearly one the most important features.

DreamSkywards

« Reply #3 on: August 09, 2018, 08:55:18 am »
We have confirmed several times that, after the GSX Level 2 expansion will be out, the next big update will be an overall improvement of the core Pushback system, and this will be included in the base GSX program ( = it will be free ).

Fully customized pushback routes, independent from the AFCAD, are clearly one the most important features.

Sorry for bringing it up once again. Thank you yet again for the confirmation though. The independent from the AFCAD thing is new for me, but it sounds promising.

Any chances you guys may already be thinking about implementing the drivable vehicle, for the pushback/tow for a start? Or is it too early to walk away from FSX yet, as I recall you saying the backwards compatibiliy had always hampered it.
« Last Edit: August 09, 2018, 12:46:02 pm by DreamSkywards »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #4 on: August 10, 2018, 11:21:17 am »
User must drive away from FSX first, we can only follow up...

DreamSkywards

« Reply #5 on: August 10, 2018, 11:31:47 am »
User must drive away from FSX first, we can only follow up...

That's going to take an eternity or two!