Author Topic: GSX - Jet Aviation as generic handling agent?  (Read 2320 times)

DreamSkywards

GSX - Jet Aviation as generic handling agent?
« on: August 07, 2018, 02:42:24 pm »
Good afternoon,

So while this is in relation with GSX, this really isn't an issue per se. More of a curiosity case on my part.

Is there a way for me to select Jet Aviation as the handling agent? I believe I have read somewhere on this forum that they were "generic" (not entirely sure what that means). However, I have no option to call them from the GSX menu.

I also tried to look for it in the FSDT_Staircase sim.cfg file, either I missed it or it isn't there.

I already added 2 private handling agents on my own. PrivatPort and TAG Aviation. I would also like to be able to chose Jet Aviation but I'm not sure where to find it in GSX. I could add it too but I wanted to ask first, as I am certain I saw them named a few times on this forum as "generic".

Here is PrivatPort tending to my BBJ.
https://c2.staticflickr.com/2/1835/43904759491_9ae333b2ac_o.jpg
« Last Edit: August 07, 2018, 02:44:37 pm by virtuali »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: GSX - Jet Aviation as generic handling agent?
« Reply #1 on: August 07, 2018, 02:47:25 pm »
Yes, Jet Aviation is the default "generic" handler, which is used when there isn't any better choice. This means it's not easy to use it intentionally because, since it doesn't its own code, you cannot use it to override the others that might eventually already be at the airport.

DreamSkywards

« Reply #2 on: August 07, 2018, 02:54:08 pm »
Yes, Jet Aviation is the default "generic" handler, which is used when there isn't any better choice. This means it's not easy to use it intentionally because, since it doesn't its own code, you cannot use it to override the others that might eventually already be at the airport.

Thanks Umberto for the reply. It's not of utmost importance but is there any chances you guys may consider another, default, made up agent as the generic one so Jet Aviation can be usable? They have a pretty big presence in Geneva, would be nice to be able to add/chose them.

(Also, they changed their logo)
http://r1.aviationpros.com/files/base/CAVC/image/2017/05/16x9/1280x720/Jet_Aviation_logo_RGB_70mm.59122bcfe8f67.jpg

I have no idea how you resize the pic, or have it disapear and have the link instead.
« Last Edit: August 07, 2018, 02:55:15 pm by virtuali »

CaptainSazzman

« Reply #3 on: July 27, 2020, 03:27:38 pm »

I have created custom rules to use Jet Aviation as its own handler and another set of rules if I want blank vehicles with no logos. GSX customisation is fun!