Author Topic: GSX 2 installation problem **SOLVED**  (Read 5409 times)

gabro_messi

GSX 2 installation problem **SOLVED**
« on: September 07, 2018, 03:56:47 pm »
Hi everyone!
I'm already a GSX user since quite a lot. Today I saw the news about the new GSX level 2 expansion and I bought it. I decided to unistall everything, both GSX and the Addon Manager. Then I downloaded the latest versions of both the Addon Manager and GSX full installer. The Addon Manager installation went on and finished normally, while during the GSX installation, towards the end of the process, the message "This Update requires the latest GSX Full installer, please download and install it to continue." came up. If I click OK, the installer says the installation is complete, without any other error messages, and I can only click "Finish". The simulator opens normally, asking me to authorize the execution of both Couatl and Addon Manager, I click "Yes" and all goes on as it has to. Then I load up a flight with Aerosoft A319 at default KBOS, the airport cache builds up, but then "The Couatl Scripting Engine has encountered an unrecoverable error and will be restarted. Please download and install the latest Stand-Alone Addon Manager...". If then I choose to restart Couatl, it restarts rebuilding the airport cache, but once it has finishes, the Couatl error message comes up again...what can I do?

Thanks in advance,

Messina Gabriele
« Last Edit: September 07, 2018, 07:14:35 pm by virtuali »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: GSX 2 installation problem
« Reply #1 on: September 07, 2018, 04:02:39 pm »
Ignore the Addon Manager, since it's included with GSX.

Install ONLY the current GSX full installer and, if you see any errors, the most important thing in your report, should be the error details, which you are being asked to open.

gabro_messi

« Reply #2 on: September 07, 2018, 04:13:21 pm »
Unistalled everything again, done as you suggested, installing only GSX with the latest full installer, and during the installation the same message comes up "This Update requires the lates GSX Full installes...". Finished the installation, opened FSX, authorized both Couatl and Addon Manager again, loaded up Aerosoft A319 at default KBOS, airport cache builds up normally, again the unrecoverable error, here is the log text:

-----
couatl v3.2 (build 3997)
panic log started on Fri Sep  7 16:19:02 2018

problem raised by engine or unspecified addon
{'Airport': 'KBOS', 'User Pos': (42.36052274604071, -71.01905614223085, 10.2151 m, 4.42406 m, 32.34000142834721)}
« Last Edit: September 07, 2018, 04:50:47 pm by virtuali »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: September 07, 2018, 04:53:15 pm »
Unistalled everything again, done as you suggested, installing only GSX with the latest full installer

Your log shows you haven't used the current installer. Your Couatl is the old version (3997, the current one is 4029) and you are missing all the new Level 2 objects that come with the new installer.

It should be easy to identify the new installer: it's 1GB, compared to the previous 300MB.

And, of course, be sure to exclude the Addon Manager from the antivirus .

FireCapt

« Reply #4 on: September 07, 2018, 06:13:49 pm »
Morning Umberto,
I attempted to register my installation via addon manager in the sim. When I click on the button to register. nothing happens.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #5 on: September 07, 2018, 06:22:57 pm »
I attempted to register my installation via addon manager in the sim. When I click on the button to register. nothing happens.

That's another problem caused by the antivirus. And, if you installed the CURRENT GSX installer, it should have told you exactly that, because the current version of the Addon Manager is testing if Couatl is running.

FireCapt

« Reply #6 on: September 07, 2018, 06:54:48 pm »
Got it going Umberto :)
nothing like a good ole fashion rebooting of the windows.