Author Topic: Question regarding GSX setup in a new airport  (Read 2426 times)

Skyhawk1985

Question regarding GSX setup in a new airport
« on: August 01, 2018, 11:12:00 am »
Hello all! Just a quick question. I am from Greece and in the island of Paros there is a new airport which is not in the default FSX/P3D airport database. But there has been a freeware addon from AVSIM that you could set it up. GSX is not recognize it though. Any ideas on how i could make it work?

And generally lets say i want to make a fictional airport somewhere how can i make GSX work with it?

Donato

Re: Question regarding GSX setup in a new airport
« Reply #1 on: August 01, 2018, 07:35:45 pm »
I created by ADE (Airport Scenery Editor) the airport of my town: Benevento. And GSX works well with this airport. It's very importante to create a ICAO CODE, also fictional, but if you airport is really working it has to have an ICAO number. My airport works only for ultralight plane and other. I repeat that is very important to create an ICAO CODE and insert it in the AFCAD realized by ADE.
Excuse my english.

Skyhawk1985

« Reply #2 on: August 01, 2018, 09:05:13 pm »
Thanks for your post. I have downloaded this airport via AVSIM. So i am not sure where and what the AFCAD will be. How can i import it into the GSX? I am sorry but i am a very weak user when it comes to GSX settings etc. I am not able to find the airlines codes so you can imagine....

Donato

« Reply #3 on: August 02, 2018, 09:47:20 am »
Be Sure! If you have downloaded your airport from AVSIM, it contains AFCAD file. Only you have to charge your airport in the SIM, and GSX will work. If there are any problem, look at the folder of the airport: it must contain two other folders: Scenery and Texture. The Scenery folder contains AFCAD file.

Skyhawk1985

« Reply #4 on: August 02, 2018, 03:43:00 pm »
Yeah it has everything as you have mentioned still doesnt work. Anyway maybe the AFCAD doesnt include any gates.. Its very small but still the real one has 3-4 stands. I will try to disturb the developer now.

Donato

« Reply #5 on: August 02, 2018, 03:50:54 pm »
OK. Bye.

Skyhawk1985

« Reply #6 on: August 02, 2018, 04:37:03 pm »
Ok i have solved it by running the Updater. Thanks for your replies buddy