Author Topic: AI Parking Issues  (Read 3105 times)

Shamrock727

AI Parking Issues
« on: August 02, 2018, 05:01:59 pm »
The AI traffic which I use (which also have up to date parking and atc codes) are parking over by the Kentucky National Guard hangar and not by the 9 - 11 ramps where 747's typically park in Louisville. I have also noticed that the UPS 748F is parking on ramp 2 and not up by 9 - 11, the traffic also doesn't park as they should, instead park in the middle of the apron at times especially when its the early AM hours over on ramp 9 - 11.

https://imgur.com/a/KGOdgmi

Is there any way to fix this, or provide a more up to date AFCAD for Louisville?

Thank you
« Last Edit: August 02, 2018, 05:03:41 pm by Shamrock727 »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: AI Parking Issues
« Reply #1 on: August 03, 2018, 02:03:21 pm »
The problem is not KSDF AFCAD, which is correct and as you can easily verify by opening it with ADE, includes the proper airline codes for the UPS parking in the 9-11 area AND they are properly flagged as "Ramp Cargo"

Those parking are also the largest in the scenery, at 40 mt. of radius, which should be enough to fit the 60 mt. wingspan of a 747 ( half-wingspan = radius ).

However, you said they DO park in the military areas, that has parking spots slightly smaller (35 mt.) and, they way the sim works if there's no parking code in the airplane or the parking, the sim will try to place an AI in the smallest parking that is big enough to fit the airplane so, possibly your AI go there, because they don't have the correct parking codes, otherwise they should prefer the parking spots flagged with UPS code, which we surely have at KSDF in the 9-11 areas.

Dave_YVR

• Beta tester
Re: AI Parking Issues
« Reply #2 on: August 03, 2018, 10:29:50 pm »
 Just by looking at the screenshot and all that overlap, I would think that your ai aircraft has incorrect wingspans in the aircraft.cfg's.