Author Topic: problem wit the ground textures after install GENEVA last version on the P3D V3  (Read 5693 times)

marcus67

Hello,

I have :
FTX GLOBAL
FTX LC EUROPE
FTX VECTOR

I do not think it's normal to have water textures! ???
See screenshot.

Thanks for the replies.

regards,
Marc.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
I have :
FTX GLOBAL
FTX LC EUROPE
FTX VECTOR

I do not think it's normal to have water textures! ???

The wrong textures are caused by one of those OrbX products you have installed, and I'm sure you can verify this quite easily if you disable the OrbX scenery.

If you use an addon vector/landclass scenery, the onus in on the developers of that product to be sure their product won't cause problems to sceneries which works correctly with the default scenery, especially a scenery like FSDT Geneva, which has been released long before anything made by OrbX.

marcus67

Hello,

Thanks for the reply.
This problem does not exist under FSX with ORBX landLass and ORBX VECTOR from where my question...

Regards,
Marc.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
This problem does not exist under FSX with ORBX landLass and ORBX VECTOR from where my question...

Since FSDT LSGG is 100% identical in FSX and P3D (and it works fine in P3D with the default scenery), then the only possible explanation is the OrbX sceneries have issues in P3D that don't happen in FSX.

marcus67

Hello,

Addon Manager and LSGG are installed on f:\Addon Manager

Test:
Disabled LSGG in the add-ons
Copy LSSG Scenery in the F:\Prepare3D V3\Addon Scenery
Declaration the scenery in scenery.cfg

THE PROBLEM IS GON with FTX LC Europe / FTX Vector enable or disabled, Why !

Regards,
Marc.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Test:
Disabled LSGG in the add-ons
Copy LSSG Scenery in the F:\Prepare3D V3\Addon Scenery
Declaration the scenery in scenery.cfg

THE PROBLEM IS GONE with FTX LC Europe / FTX Vector enable or disabled, Why !

That would only indicate OrbX tested its product only with the default scenery. You should have made the test in the opposite way: disabling OrbX and keep FSDT LSGG Geneva enabled. It would ALSO worked just as fine.

So, it's likely both that OrbX haven't tested their product with LSGG AND we haven't tested LSGG with OrbX.

But with a significant difference: we couldn't "test" LSGG with OrbX, since LSGG was made *years* before that so, we could only design it and test it with what was available at that time.

Instead, OrbX COULD have tested their product with LSGG and, since they were later on the market, I think the onus is on them to provide a patch to fix any compatibility issues they cause to products which were already on the market for quite some time.