Author Topic: SODE in next update?  (Read 5407 times)

DreamSkywards

SODE in next update?
« on: June 18, 2018, 04:46:18 pm »
Good afternoon,

I just have a quick question to the developpers of this amazing scenery.

I know a team is curently working on an update of Geneva and I'm absolutely stoked about that!
One thing I would like to know though, and I know it as been given somewhat of an answer in another thread: http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php/topic,16281.0.html

And the "not yet" does suggest that it will, but if possible, a definite answer would put my mind at ease.

Thank you for your attention, and sorry for another similar thread on the subject. Was not entirely sure if I should have asked there or create a different thread. Please let me know for future cases what is the preferred way.

Aybars

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: SODE in next update?
« Reply #1 on: June 18, 2018, 04:49:14 pm »
Have a look at the recent announcement of GSX Level 2 update, so you'll understand why we still haven't released any SODE updates to our earlier sceneries: we are waiting for that update to be ready, so all our previous sceneries will get the new high-quality jetways we made for it.

http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php/topic,17940.0.html

DreamSkywards

« Reply #2 on: June 18, 2018, 05:00:27 pm »
Have a look at the recent announcement of GSX Level 2 update, so you'll understand why we still haven't released any SODE updates to our earlier sceneries: we are waiting for that update to be ready, so all our previous sceneries will get the new high-quality jetways we made for it.

http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php/topic,17940.0.html

Thank you Umberto for the reply.

Just to be sure, for your sceneries, like Zurich and Geneva, will GSX Level 2 be a necessary purchase or will they come with your sceneries as future updates? "all our previous sceneries will get the new high-quality jetways we made for it" does suggest an update but, just to be sure.

Thank you for the quick answer to my initial post,

Aybars

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: June 19, 2018, 09:27:58 am »
Just to be sure, for your sceneries, like Zurich and Geneva, will GSX Level 2 be a necessary purchase or will they come with your sceneries as future updates?

GSX was never a required purchase on any of our sceneries, and Level 2 will be the same.

DreamSkywards

« Reply #4 on: June 19, 2018, 04:42:50 pm »
Just to be sure, for your sceneries, like Zurich and Geneva, will GSX Level 2 be a necessary purchase or will they come with your sceneries as future updates?

GSX was never a required purchase on any of our sceneries, and Level 2 will be the same.

Sorry for not being clear enough.

I meant to ask, will GSX Level 2 be a necessary purchase to get SODE jetways at Geneva and Zurich?
Or will you guys update Geneva and Zurich with SODE later on, without needing GSX Level 2?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #5 on: June 19, 2018, 11:42:17 pm »
I think my reply was clear enough.

Regardless if we'll do an update for our older sceneries to get SODE jetways (we'll likely do it) or you would do it, by using the new GSX Level 2 editing capabilities, it won't required a purchase of the expansion, on FSDT airports.

As I've said, GSX has always been free to use at FSDT airports, and the the expansion doesn't change that.

DreamSkywards

« Reply #6 on: June 20, 2018, 09:16:08 am »
I think my reply was clear enough.

Regardless if we'll do an update for our older sceneries to get SODE jetways (we'll likely do it) or you would do it, by using the new GSX Level 2 editing capabilities, it won't required a purchase of the expansion, on FSDT airports.

As I've said, GSX has always been free to use at FSDT airports, and the the expansion doesn't change that.

Well, whatever the means necessary, I can't wait to see SODE jetways operate in all 3 majors Swiss airports. And eventually an update of Geneva, being my home base, and taking into account that the scenery is around 10 years old.

I know you have a "Geneva team" that is working on the update, and I thank you for that. Aerosoft is also working on their own scenery of Geneva but I don't want to move over from FSDT, so an update is more than welcome from your team.

Aybars

DreamSkywards

« Reply #7 on: September 07, 2018, 06:54:21 pm »
This is amazing(ly easy to set up too!).