Author Topic: GSX Opens With Parking Window  (Read 2505 times)

Doc_Z

GSX Opens With Parking Window
« on: July 27, 2018, 11:02:47 pm »
I start with PMDG 737 NGX parked at Gate A10 at KATL.  When I open GSX with usual command, I get the Parking Request menu, not the Ground Serices menu.  Does not happen all the time, but often enough.  What is wrong?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: GSX Opens With Parking Window
« Reply #1 on: July 28, 2018, 01:34:52 pm »
When the gate positions don't match, it's usually a problem caused by another AFCAD in conflict. The most common cause of conflicts are those AFCAD supplied with AI traffic products, which are supposed to be used only if you use the default scenery, but must be removed if you have an addon.

You can use the free Simple Airport Scanner utility to search for duplicates AFCAD:

http://www.scruffyduck.org/simple-airport-scanner/4584282795

Or check the name of the AFCAD used by GSX in the parking customization page.

Doc_Z

« Reply #2 on: August 11, 2018, 11:34:59 pm »
The same problem is happenin with FsLabs A320X at UK2000 EGCC.  I ran the Simpe Airport Scanner, which game me two files: C:\...Documents\
fsAerodaa Files\Navigation Data\Navaids\scenery\FSAD.comms.BGL   and F:|Lockheed Martin\Prepar3d v.4\ORBX\FTX_GLOBAL\FTX_FTXG _AIRPORTS\scenry\ADE_FTX_FTXG__00C.BGL

Not sure what I should do.  Turning the fsAwerodate file off prevent P3d from loading.  Turning the other off, seems to do nothing.  There are no traffic bgl files for airport.   The parking customization page says it is using the UK2000 EGCC.
« Last Edit: August 11, 2018, 11:37:31 pm by Doc_Z »

rjlfry

« Reply #3 on: August 12, 2018, 09:54:51 am »
I have been testing Traffic Global AI Program, it has a AirportFacilities folder with the CAD files, with my addon airports I have modified the Cargo Gates then I installed the cad file in the TG AirportFacilities Folder turning off the TG cad, I just had to prefix the cad with AFX_ to slot it in place you could just copy and paste the FSDT CAD file into AI folder.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/154944674@N05/43990896801/in/dateposted-public/

Ray Fry
« Last Edit: August 12, 2018, 10:10:07 am by rjlfry »

Doc_Z

« Reply #4 on: August 12, 2018, 06:00:36 pm »
Not sure I understand what you mean.  I can't find a traffic file that relates to EGCC.

Doc_Z

« Reply #5 on: August 13, 2018, 09:39:03 pm »
Is there an answer to this question?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #6 on: August 15, 2018, 01:06:31 am »
Is there an answer to this question?

I think my first reply already answered this. I'll copy it again:

When the gate positions don't match, it's usually a problem caused by another AFCAD in conflict. The most common cause of conflicts are those AFCAD supplied with AI traffic products, which are supposed to be used only if you use the default scenery, but must be removed if you have an addon.

You can use the free Simple Airport Scanner utility to search for duplicates AFCAD:

http://www.scruffyduck.org/simple-airport-scanner/4584282795

Or check the name of the AFCAD used by GSX in the parking customization page.

The last line is important. It's no use looking for a conflicting file, if you are not even sure a conflict exists. Which is why, GSX can tell you from which AFCAD file is taking its data from.