Author Topic: KCLT issue at night **SOLVED**  (Read 4990 times)

yayayilbx

KCLT issue at night **SOLVED**
« on: July 25, 2018, 04:48:18 am »
Dear all,
Have a nice day.Yestoday,I found my KCLT have some issue with ground&grass texture at night,it seems like in the daytime.I have attached two screenshots for your reference.I think it may cause by envshade,so I restore the shades to default,but the issue remains.Thanks you and looking forward to your reply.
« Last Edit: July 26, 2018, 01:04:44 pm by virtuali »

yayayilbx

Re: KCLT issue at night
« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2018, 04:49:59 am »
Other product like KLAX,KIAH,KMEM...etc are normal but KCLT....

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #2 on: July 25, 2018, 02:11:38 pm »
As you can see in the attached screenshot, which shows the whole airport at night in top-down view as in your screenshot, the problem doesn't happen here.

In you case, it looks like the scenery couldn't switch from day to night textures, which is made explicitly by our software (not automatically by the sim), but we use exactly the same system even in KMEM so, there's no reason why one would be able to detect night and the other wouldn't.

Do you see correct textures if you select "Restart Couatl" after the airport has loaded ?
« Last Edit: July 25, 2018, 02:14:24 pm by virtuali »

yayayilbx

« Reply #3 on: July 25, 2018, 03:27:28 pm »
I have restart couatl even uninstall all my FSDT products and reinstall them,but issue remains.I switch to KMEM&KIAH,it looks better than KCLT&KSDF.Here are some screenshots at the four airports.I agree with you about the scenery couldnot switch from day to night texture.How can I do for it?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #4 on: July 25, 2018, 05:40:01 pm »
I agree with you about the scenery couldnot switch from day to night texture.How can I do for it?

You can't or shouldn't do anything. The scenery should be able to switch automatically, and nobody ever reported this before. Are you using any kind of 3rd party addons that might affect the simulator time/date ?

yayayilbx

« Reply #5 on: July 25, 2018, 06:13:59 pm »
Just use the time preview in the menu >world..I think it must be the reason.Thanks a lot....

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #6 on: July 25, 2018, 10:20:57 pm »
Just use the time preview in the menu >world..I think it must be the reason.Thanks a lot....

Ok, if you just said the issue happened ONLY in Time Preview mode, I would have replied to you this is entirely normal!

The Time Preview doesn't really change the time of the day of the sim, it only simulates what the scenery will look like at a different hour, without really changing the time and, since KCLT use a custom time switching system, it requires for the time to be set in the sim, not just simulated, hence it cannot detect the time when it's in Time Preview, so textures won't switch in that case until you APPLY it.

truthknown

« Reply #7 on: July 26, 2018, 03:03:03 am »
I forgot to turn P3D off yesterday when I was checking the taxi signs. So it ran over 24 hours and turned night again, but this time, I am experiencing what the OP in this post has shown... So once again, not the only person experiencing this problem. Something is amiss here. This was not a manual change to night time, it was a real time 24 hours replayed through to night again and came back to see this.

Chris Lezama

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #8 on: July 26, 2018, 01:04:39 pm »
So once again, not the only person experiencing this problem.

What do you mean with "once again" ? The OP was the only one experiencing HIS problem (which wasn't even a problem to begin with, see my explanation) and you ARE the only one experiencing THIS problem, for the simple reason the two are entirely different issues.

The first one, as I've said, it's totally and entirely normal, since it was caused by the user expecting to see changes while in Time Preview mode and, as I've already explained, the way the scenery is made, Time Preview is not supported. So, not only he *was* the only one reporting a problem but, it wasn't a problem to begin with.

Yours, instead, it's an entirely different issue, because it seem related to the sim being run over a long time.

Since it's a very well known fact the sim handling of the day/dusk/night transition is bugged, up to the point there are 3rd party "fixers" of the time zone, we don't rely on the default day/dusk/night flags set by the sim to switch textures, but instead we read the absolute time and make an astronomical ephemeris calculation of the sun's height at those precise coordinates at that precise moment, which is far more accurate.

However, since nobody usually runs the sim for 24 hours straight, it's possible another bug in the sim (similar to the timezone bug) affects the absolute time variable, which we use to calculate the sun elevation, that normally works far more reliably than the default day/dusk/night flags.

Again, there's nothing wrong with the scenery, it's just that, to SAVE MEMORY (the scenery was made to run in FSX too), it doesn't load objects containing both day and night textures, but it switches to entirely different objects with just the textures required for that time, which also allows use more flexibility in the night appearance compared to other sceneries made in the traditional way, with "fat" objects containing both day+night texture in the same objects.

But, there might be some quirks in non-standard usage patterns, like using the Time Preview, or running the sim over 24 hours, which you are reporting it here, for the first time ever.

truthknown

Re: KCLT issue at night **SOLVED**
« Reply #9 on: July 26, 2018, 06:02:39 pm »
Ok, no worries. The textures refreshed as I slewed across the scenery and showed properly. Agreed that this is a very rare situation to have the sim run 24 hrs in the same spot so it could be a bug of the sim.