Author Topic: 5 Second pause airport loads in.  (Read 2744 times)

ironcondor

5 Second pause airport loads in.
« on: July 21, 2018, 06:08:41 pm »
Hi there! Quick question. Searched the forum threads and could not find something like this.  I have noticed around 11 DME the airport loads in and pauses for about 5 seconds. When the airport load is complete the flight continues.

One change I made that helped the ground roll and takeoff roll stutters was "Cap Simconnect Updates." This virtually eliminated that!

Just curious to know if this load pause is normal. I tried it with stock P3D aircraft and many add on aircraft. My sim runs smooth arund 35-40fps with my settings.

I have P3D V4.3

Thanks!

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: 5 Second pause airport loads in.
« Reply #1 on: July 23, 2018, 09:25:23 am »
Hi there! Quick question. Searched the forum threads and could not find something like this.  I have noticed around 11 DME the airport loads in and pauses for about 5 seconds. When the airport load is complete the flight continues.

This is entirely normal, and is what's supposed to be happening.

One change I made that helped the ground roll and takeoff roll stutters was "Cap Simconnect Updates." This virtually eliminated that!

We made that setting optional, because after we added it, many users reported exactly the opposite: stutter with that setting enabled, so we made it disabled by default.

What that setting does, is to reduce the number of Simconnect calls our software does to not being higher of 30 fps, regardless how much higher your fps might be. With the setting disabled, if your fps is higher than 30 fps, the number of Simconnect calls done will match the fps so, for example, at 60 fps, we would do 60 Simconnect calls per second with that option disabled, while if it's enabled, we won't ever do more than 30 calls per second.

This usually makes a visible difference if you have lots of other addons that are spamming Simconnect with too many calls so, the sim cannot keep up with all of them. With no other addons doing this, you shouldn't see any difference with the option disabled/enabled so, if you do, it might be an indication of too many addons doing too many calls, and not being as well behaved as we are, giving you a change to cap the rate of updates in order to be a better citizen in respect to the other addons.