Author Topic: KLAX Extended runways/ KLAS Taxiway markings confusion  (Read 4206 times)

jmaddox

KLAX Extended runways/ KLAS Taxiway markings confusion
« on: July 19, 2018, 10:23:01 am »
Not sure if this is posted, I apologize to FSDT ahead of time if it has... but it seems KLAX is outdated with the extended runways... Do you guys plan on extending the runways? Because it's quite annoying when I'm flying online and ATC is telling me to taxi down a taxiway that isn't there because the scenery doesn't have it...... Also with KLAS.... the taxiway shows 7's and 25's but the runways are correct with 8's and 26 markings??? Is this also going to be fixed or is this another dead end...

Dave_YVR

• Beta tester
Re: KLAX Extended runways/ KLAS Taxiway markings confusion
« Reply #1 on: July 19, 2018, 05:25:20 pm »
 What LAX scenery are they expecting you to use that's up to date? All airport sceneries are snapshots in time and are essentially outdated the day they are released. It's nice to get updates of course but how far does it go?

jmaddox

« Reply #2 on: July 19, 2018, 06:50:38 pm »
You must haven't seen XP-11 KLAX than my friend.... The runway was extended like 3-4 months ago.... and if runway markings can be updated, the taxiway markings should show correct runways as well.

Dave_YVR

• Beta tester
« Reply #3 on: July 19, 2018, 08:10:07 pm »
 Totally different sims?? I have XP11 as well, not that I use or like it, but that's another story. As I said, scenery addon's (all of them) are a snapshot in time, they are outdated the day they are released.

jmaddox

« Reply #4 on: July 20, 2018, 03:13:50 am »
That's not the point I'm making I asked FSDT not you... Please don't post unnecessary things on my post, please. The question is for FSDT to see if they're going to release an update with extended runways to LAX and fix the taxiway marking at LAS.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #5 on: July 20, 2018, 10:11:40 am »
The KLAX extension is not obviously a "bug" of the scenery, since as explained so many times, when you buy a scenery, you don't buy a maintenance program to keep it current with real-world changes so, we might eventually decide or not to update it, but that's not something you must expect.

The KLAS markings are, instead, something that we'll fix and we already confirmed we will in other threads, but we don't have a release date right now.

jmaddox

« Reply #6 on: July 22, 2018, 01:48:43 pm »
Hey thanks, Umberto, I appreciate your response. I would like to see the LAS update :D, for LAX it would be nice, I guess I'll have to deal with telling ATC I don't have updated scenery to match their ground radar than, but your scenery is great.