Author Topic: Vehicles disappear after parking a gate and choosing a command (P3DV4)  (Read 3938 times)

amrick615

Greetings developers and simmers!

I am experiencing this ongoing problem with GSX. The vehicles disappear whenever I choose a command after parking at the gate after a flight. Here is exactly what I am doing:

During approach, I select the airport and parking position I will be going to. After letting the marshal haul me in to the parking position, I turn off the engines and set the parking break. If I choose any command at all, whether it is "Deboard" or "Operate Jetway",  all of the vehicles disappear and nothing else happens unless I select "Reset position".

This is the only time that this problem happens, once GSX is running I can go through all of the commands without any problems. I am using the latest version of GSX and have tried reinstalling it multiple times.

Any tips? Thank you in advance!
« Last Edit: July 17, 2018, 09:16:04 pm by amrick615 »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Are you using P3D 4.2 maybe ?

If yes, update to 4.3, because you might have been caught in the very well known 4.2 menu bug, which results in menu options ( in ANY Simconnect app with a menu, not just GSX ) chosen without your intervention, because either you or another addon has previously pressed a numeric key. The bug has been fixed in 4.3

amrick615

I am using P3d version 4.3. I also had this same problem back when I was using FSX-SE

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
I am using P3d version 4.3. I also had this same problem back when I was using FSX-SE

I cannot reproduce the problem and nobody ever reported it before. You might try to enable Logging in the Troubleshooting section of the GSX Setting page, exit and enter the sim again, then do the same operation that resulted in disappearing vehicles before.

Exit from the sim, and check the Couatl.LOG file that should have been created in the %APPDATA%\Virtuali folder, and post it are AS AN ATTACHMENT to a message, after you ZIP it.

amrick615

Re: Vehicles disappear after parking a gate and choosing a command (P3DV4)
« Reply #4 on: August 02, 2018, 09:03:27 am »
My apologies for the very late reply. Here is a zip attachment of the log file. This happened in KLAX tonight after flying from KSFO. In KSFO, I tried opening the menu, but it would not open for whatever reason, however the menu did open when I did a different flight so to me this is a non issue.

After being marshalled in at FSDT KLAX, I cut the engines and about a minute and a half later I set the parking brake and requested deboarding. The banner at the top of the screen reads "deboarding requested" and all of the vehicles disappear. The only thing remaining are the traffic cones surrounding the aircraft.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #5 on: August 03, 2018, 02:06:50 pm »
Your log shows that GSX has correctly removed the objects at KLAX which ARE supposed to be removed, which are the static vehicles that are explicitly made in a way they disappear when GSX is enabled, since they are replaced by GSX animated vehicles so, fact they disappear at KLAX is entirely normal.

What is not normal, instead, is that your log shows the program disconnected from the sim, which is not clear if it was caused because you quit from the sim (which is normal), or it just disconnected with the sim still running, which explains why nothing worked after the vehicles which were supposed to be removed were removed.

What other addons are you using ?

amrick615

« Reply #6 on: August 03, 2018, 10:47:12 pm »
I am using Orbx from Global Base up to North America, the pmdg 737, and almost all of the FSDT sceneries. I also use sceneries from flightbeam, flytampa, SXAD, Cielosim, Dr Zewiecki, and PacSim. This problem is not limited to any sceneries, this will happen anywhere.

As far as disconnecting, I did exit the sim after the GSX vehicles disappeared. Whenever I activate GSX, the default P3Dv4 vehicles do disappear successfully. The problem has to do with the GSX vehicles themselves disappearing whenever I select a gate while approaching into the airport from the air. Here is a step by step:

1. While on approach from the air, I select the desired airport and gate.
2. I land, and at 25 knots after landing, GSX appears at the gate ready to marshall me in.
3. After stopping at the gate, I cut the engines and set the parking brake. (Sometimes i set the parking brake first and then cut the engines, though I have not noticed whether or not this contributes to the problem).
4. I open the GSX menu, and select any desired command.
5. The desired command I selected shows up in the green banner, and all GSX vehicles disappear. All that is left are the cones.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #7 on: August 07, 2018, 02:41:32 pm »
5. The desired command I selected shows up in the green banner, and all GSX vehicles disappear. All that is left are the cones.

Then, please, provide a log made exactly after you did this.

Do not quit the sim before that happens, but quit it *after* it happens. And, do not restart the sim again until you sent the log because, if you do that, a new log will be created.

If there's nothing strange in the log, perhaps what is removing the GSX vehicles is NOT GSX. Have you tried with a default airplane ?

amrick615

« Reply #8 on: August 08, 2018, 08:46:35 am »
here is the log.zip

The flight was KLAX to KSFO, and this issue happened the same exact way as before.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #9 on: August 10, 2018, 11:19:55 am »
Your log doesn't show any errors of any kind. It shows that GSX correctly removed some static detail objects belonging to KLAX, which are all supposed to go away when activating GSX so, it's all entirely normal.

I think you are possibly confusing those static objects with the GSX ones ? Something MUST disappear at KLAX when activating GSX but, the GSX vehicles surely must be there.

If they aren't (which, again, I cannot reproduce and nobody else reported it before), do you see any difference if you selected the gate AFTER landing, instead of during the approach ?

amrick615

« Reply #10 on: August 10, 2018, 07:26:22 pm »
It is clearly the GSX vehicles that are disappearing.

I will test out the selection difference today, and will let you know the results.

Here is the way I will test this out:
1) Land
2) Exit runway and select the gate while taxiing.
3) Park at the gate, and shutdown, then set parking brake.
4) Select an action (most likely "Operate Jetways") and see what happens.

I will let you know tonight how this went

amrick615

« Reply #11 on: August 15, 2018, 09:45:46 am »
I just tested it out in two flights and the vehicles did not disappear! So, at least there is a method of setting up the GSX vehicles such that they will not disappear.

With that said, do you know what could be causing the vehicles to disappear when I set it up during approach as opposed to on the ground after landing?

jps611

« Reply #12 on: August 15, 2018, 03:30:53 pm »
I have had this happen also (FSX).

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #13 on: August 18, 2018, 03:04:03 pm »
I have had this happen also (FSX).

You haven't said if in your case it ALSO happens ONLY when pre-selecting a gate while still in flight.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #14 on: August 18, 2018, 03:04:50 pm »
With that said, do you know what could be causing the vehicles to disappear when I set it up during approach as opposed to on the ground after landing?

I don't, it was just a request to find the situation that triggers the problem, so we could START looking into it.