Author Topic: KLAS V1.1 not fine on my PC  (Read 7634 times)

Manty

KLAS V1.1 not fine on my PC
« on: May 10, 2009, 10:55:53 am »
Hello,

after installing the new KLAS version 1.1 I'm only having problems with the ground textures. There seems to be a lot of stuff messed up.

To explain what happened take e look at the attached screenshots. (Additionally I have Blue Sky LAS2007 photoscenery & Shigeo"shige" Ishii's LAS Vegas 2004 installed).

I then installed the old version 1.0 which worked ok for me (bleed fix & acropolis effect fix), but everytime I'm starting FS9 now I'm always getting the message 'You have an old version of KLAS - go to the FSDT web page & download ....'. This is a little annoying. How can I stop this ?

It makes me a little angry how this whole thing does things to my FS9 installation,that I simply do not want to happen.

So when the new version 1.1 does not work on my computer, how can I use my preferred v1.0 installation without getting the annoying above mentioned message ???

Thanks in advance for your answer.

Regards

Manty

[attachment deleted by admin]

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: KLAS V1.1 not fine on my PC
« Reply #1 on: May 10, 2009, 11:33:47 am »
So when the new version 1.1 does not work on my computer, how can I use my preferred v1.0 installation without getting the annoying above mentioned message ???

You just can't. And, when you see that message, the scenery will disappear anyway in a few minutes so, you have to upgrade.

Questions:

- do you have KLAS on top of the other sceneries you have for KLAS ?

- have you tried with the two addon sceneries disabled ?

data63

« Reply #2 on: May 10, 2009, 02:39:22 pm »
if you have intalled BlueSkyScenery Las Vegas HR - disable it - the Textures of this Scenery tend to "shine through"

happy landings

juergen

Manty

« Reply #3 on: May 10, 2009, 05:55:48 pm »
Hello virtuali, hi juergen (data63),

I have to apologize, it was all 'my' mistake !

It really was the Blue Sky Scenery's LAS2007 HR photoscenery that messed everything up here. Even Shigeo "Shige" Ishii's LAS Vegas 2004 had been corrupted by this hires photoscenery (there must be some kind of a mesh file in it, which creates havoc here). I just disabled all the HR files & everything is working fine now, just perfect ! However, the Blue Sky Scenery's LAS2007 LR (lowres) photoscenery works together with it ok.

So, juergen, thanks a lot ! And virtuali, sorry for the 'stirring up'.

Thanks for the good support !

Kind regards,

Manty

data63

« Reply #4 on: May 10, 2009, 10:47:24 pm »
those BlueSkyScenery HiRes Sceneries seeem to have the the tendency of "shining through"
I had the same problem with Cloud9's LAX and also the LAX Sceneries of Shen Ansari (Burbank, Santa Ana) don't fit well with the HiRes Sceneries  - the LR are all ok though!

happy landings

juergen

Cereal Eater

« Reply #5 on: May 11, 2009, 09:24:58 am »
Hey juergen,

I have only encountered a very small problem with my Cloud9 KLAX and the HR LAX Bluesky Scenery. But it is completely remedied when I tune the Nav radio to 117.00 (or whatever it is, it's been a while and I forgot). If you look in any of the the Bluesky Scenery High-Res readme.txts, it mentions this feature. It disables the ground textures over the airport property so that they don't interfere with any add-on airport scenery which might contain high-res ground textures for that particular airport.

You may already know this and still be having issues, but I just wanted to bring it up to you just in case you didn't.

Good luck!

data63

« Reply #6 on: May 11, 2009, 09:58:14 pm »
hmmmm...

must have overlooked that "feature"

i'll try it as soon as possible - thanks for the info!

happy landings

juergen

p.s. ...I supose we better should stop this "off topic" now  8)

bradl

« Reply #7 on: May 12, 2009, 09:30:27 pm »

Another question for this..

Does KLAS v1.1 work for you if you put the BlueSky scenery at a lower priority than the KLAS v1.1 scenery? I ask, because whole disabling the HR scenery will work. What I like about the HR scenery is that it includes the most realistic scenery around KLAS, not just on the field. Every street is depicted exactly as well as just about every building (it's sad when you can pick out your apartment in the scenery!  :-[ ) but I think if a pristine copy of the HR scenery is laid down followed by KLAS v1.1, you should be okay (someone, please correct me if I'm wrong).

BL.

Yeah

« Reply #8 on: May 27, 2009, 08:04:48 am »
Nope, it shines through still. I don't know about other parts of the airport but you can see this at the beginning of 25R.