Author Topic: Very Strange - Asked to reactivate all FSDT Airports at Spawn  (Read 3093 times)

bhorv67

I hadn't made any changes to the sim, or added anything new recently. When I spawned at the last flight I setup (at KDEN), I was asked during the scenario load process, to reactivate ALL my FSDT airports, one at a time.
What would cause that to happen?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Very Strange - Asked to reactivate all FSDT Airports at Spawn
« Reply #1 on: July 16, 2018, 09:09:57 am »
Updated bios or updated drivers can cause this.

Nothing that has anything to do with our software. We don't try to do hardware detection ourselves, we only ask to the Esellerate library, which in turn ask to Windows drivers so, if one of your drivers has decided to report a different hardware id, Esellerate would report it and our software will require a activation.

However, Esellerate is able to recognize if your hardware is new or just updated, so it's not certain that, by reactivating, you consumed one of your activation.

In addition to driver or bios changes, this can possibly caused by registry cleaners utilities that cleaned too much, including your activation keys.

bhorv67

« Reply #2 on: July 16, 2018, 03:27:45 pm »
Thanks - I hadn't updated the bios, added or changed any hardware and have disabled Windows defender, so I can't even figure what would be running that would have manipulated something in the registry.
Unless some Windows update ran in the background?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: July 16, 2018, 07:07:14 pm »
Unless some Windows update ran in the background?

That's possible.