Author Topic: PHTO has no ILS or approaches  (Read 4698 times)

Hawaiianstyle78

PHTO has no ILS or approaches
« on: July 11, 2018, 03:45:50 am »
Cmon! Bought this like 2 months ago and there is no ils or approaches or navaids for hilo? what the??? really? no updated afcad either

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: PHTO has no ILS or approaches
« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2018, 08:18:02 am »
This is entirely normal and it's correct.

Since the ILS for PHTO hasn't changed, neither in frequency or position, we haven't unnecessarily duplicated the default data, since the sim will use the ILS from the default scenery, because we haven't excluded it in the AFCAD.

Dave_YVR

• Beta tester
« Reply #2 on: July 12, 2018, 04:03:42 am »
 Easy enough to add an ILS yourself with ADE.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: July 12, 2018, 07:51:36 am »
Easy enough to add an ILS yourself with ADE.

Which is not required, and would result in an unnecessary data duplication, since the added ILS would be exactly the same as the one included in the default scenery, which PHTO will happily use, since we haven't excluded navaids or approaches.

The attached screenshot shows the rwy 26 ILS working normally.
« Last Edit: July 12, 2018, 08:01:47 am by virtuali »

Dave_YVR

• Beta tester
« Reply #4 on: July 12, 2018, 10:53:04 pm »
  I didn't look into whether the default scenery had it or not, just that it was easy enough to add if it wasn't included.

Hawaiianstyle78

« Reply #5 on: July 13, 2018, 04:08:39 am »
well I just did 3 IFR flights to hilo and it told me to use runway 8 for landing when the wind was coming from from 8>>>> to 26>>>> runway (which the suitable landing should have been runway 26 into the wind because the wind was blowing out from the island towards the ocean) it made me use RWY 8 which has no visual approach plates charts. Then I uploaded the default Navaids and ILS onto the FSDT afcad PHTO. Did the same flight for the 4th time, the wind was same direction 8>>>>>to 26>>>>> and it made me use a visual approach into runway 26. There you go, answer that

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #6 on: July 13, 2018, 10:12:58 am »
There you go, answer that

I'm not sure what you are trying to say here. As indicated in my previous screenshot, the ILS at PHTO *WORKS* so, the default ATC WILL surely use it.

And of course, before replying it, I tested it, so you can see in the attached screenshot the ATC is offering me an ILS approach into RWY 26, clearly proving the scenery is correct and works, without requiring adding anything because, as I've said, the required data is being read from the default scenery.

So, the only possible explanation is, you have some kind of problem with your default scenery, which lost all data from PHTO, possibly including also the APPROACHES because:

then I uploaded the default Navaids and ILS onto the FSDT afcad PHTO

If you added ONLY Navaids+ILS (NOT required, as I've said), but your default scenery has lost the instrumental Approaches for some reason, you'll be always be offered a Visual approach.