Author Topic: Can´t reactivate my Vancouver scenery **SOLVED**  (Read 6665 times)

cappo

Can´t reactivate my Vancouver scenery **SOLVED**
« on: July 09, 2018, 09:13:41 am »
Hi Support-Team,

my problem is reactivating Vancouver.

Situation: had installed CYVR in P3D4.2, all was function and good.

Then i made a complete reinstall of P3D to Version 4.3.
Installed CYVR again. In scenery.cfg i saw the entry, but when i went to that airport all is empty there.

It was showing in the green letters: Trial of 6 minutes is starting (or similiar) but i can´t see the airport buildings.
In Addon Manager i tried to register my serial, but it always said its trial mode.

Before i made that new install i erased all entries in the registry, so it was a clean install...i hope.
I was sent you an email on 4.July, but didn´t get any answer.
Please help me to get back what i paid for.

Thanks in advance.

cappo
« Last Edit: July 11, 2018, 02:02:15 pm by virtuali »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Can´t reactivate my Vancouver scenery
« Reply #1 on: July 09, 2018, 03:52:36 pm »
Installed CYVR again. In scenery.cfg i saw the entry, but when i went to that airport all is empty there.

Something is not right. We never used the scenery.cfg in P3D4: all our scenery installers use the add-on.xml method, so you are not supposed to see anything related to FSDT in the scenery.cfg

Maybe you added it yourself, possibly a while ago, assuming it was required (it's not) and forgot about it ? Best to remove it, because an empty area might cause problems, even missing buildings.

If removing the area doesn't fix your missing buildings problems, check if you have the Couatl menu under the "Addons" menu of the sim. If you don't, the problem of missing menu items under the Addons menu it's usually caused by one of these:

1) Defective antivirus. Download and install with the Antivirus disabled AND configure the antivirus to exclude the whole Addon Manager folder from scanning BEFORE starting the sim.

OR

2) Missing/Corrupted VC++ libraries in your system. See solution in the "Addon Manager not showing up in P3Dv4 **SOLVED**" thread:

http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php/topic,17484.msg122656.html#msg122656

cappo

« Reply #2 on: July 10, 2018, 12:14:41 pm »
you are right with the scenery.cfg, it was the entry of Lorby Addon organizer.

But its still not function.
I uninstalled again, cleaned registry, disabled AV and installed again under a new path.
In P3D 4.3 its registered under Addons.
But when i go to the airport all is empty, although its displayed "your trial period is starting...."

Whats going on here ? I like this scenery much and i want to use it now.

Here the screenshots:

http://www.klaus-emelie.de/Bilder/CYVR.jpg

http://www.klaus-emelie.de/Bilder/CYVR2.jpg
« Last Edit: July 11, 2018, 09:34:59 am by virtuali »

cappo

« Reply #3 on: July 10, 2018, 12:25:38 pm »
is it possible that here is an interaction with ORBX scenery ? I have installed them in that region.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #4 on: July 11, 2018, 09:36:28 am »
You don't say if you checked if you have the Couatl menu under the "Addons" menu of the sim, as I suggested in the 2nd part of my previous reply. I'll repeat it again, here:

Check if you have the Couatl menu under the "Addons" menu of the sim. If you don't, the problem of missing menu items under the Addons menu it's usually caused by one of these:

1) Defective antivirus. Download and install with the Antivirus disabled AND configure the antivirus to exclude the whole Addon Manager folder from scanning BEFORE starting the sim.

OR

2) Missing/Corrupted VC++ libraries in your system. See solution in the "Addon Manager not showing up in P3Dv4 **SOLVED**" thread:

http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php/topic,17484.msg122656.html#msg122656

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #5 on: July 11, 2018, 09:38:59 am »
Also, be sure you install GSX as well, most of our sceneries requires it, including CYVR, for Safegates.

cappo

« Reply #6 on: July 11, 2018, 01:09:02 pm »
THX, you made my day. It were the VC libraries.

solved