Author Topic: GSX Not Recognizing that A/c is Parked  (Read 10015 times)

Juergen2

GSX Not Recognizing that A/c is Parked
« on: July 08, 2018, 12:37:59 pm »
Hi,
As of lately when I load an A/C at an airport gate, pres CTRL+F12 the only menu I get is : Select parking facility at "airport" (1/2). Since I want to use the "GSX - Active Ground Services" menu for loading and push back, I am forced to use the FSX-SE pushback feature.
I also noticed, that after a flight and engines shut down (turn around state) the same parking facility menu shows up. If I than warp to a different parking position, I get the "active ground services" menu.
Thanks for suggestions
Juergen Mader

Bize

Re: GSX Not Recognizing that A/c is Parked
« Reply #1 on: July 08, 2018, 07:15:32 pm »
Hi,
I have the same problem after updating to P3D v.4.3 from v.4.2.
The problem is exactly as described by Juergen above. But when I run the GSX "Warp me there" tool my planes are placed either far behind the gate position or in some obscure spot far away from any parking facility.
I can see Juergen runs FSX:SE but it is eye-catching how similar the two problems are.
I cruised around in my airport library but can't find any airport where GSX actually can identify the stands/parking spots and that goes for the P3D standart airports as well.
What's strange for me here is, that I have never ever had any serious problems with GSX in all those years I've used the app so for me this is one of those "A ha" moments I guess.
I hope you guys can help us.
Greetings,
Jan

Bize

« Reply #2 on: July 08, 2018, 08:32:11 pm »
Hi again,
I have solved the problem for what concerns my system and first: It has nothing to do with upgrading from P3D v.4.2 to v.4.3!
In short: I use the new Just Flight Traffic Global Early Acess trafic app. The app placese two entrys in the P3D scenery library. The one entry is named "AirportFacilities". Dispite the fact that this entry is placed way down in my P3D scenery library hierarchy, on my system it obviously can mess around with other add-ons and apps like GSX.
So what did I do: I simply removed the "AirportFacilities" entry and abracadabra GSX can find the all gates and parking spots again.
As far as I can see the only "set back" is that Traffic Global gains more massive traffic in some airports.
So Juergen if you are a Just Flight Traffic Global user this might be the answer to your problem.
Sorry guys about all rumble.
Greetings,
Jan

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: July 09, 2018, 08:29:19 am »
This has been explained so many times on the forum. Whenever you see GSX not loading the correct airport, it's NEVER a GSX problem, and it's ALWAYS a problem of scenery conflicts, and AFCADs supplied with AI Traffic products are the most common source of scenery conflicts.

Such AFCADs are meant to be used only as a replacement for default airports but, if you have an add-on airport, they should NOT be used.

Since GSX respects the layering order, you must be sure the Scenery Areas of your add-on airports are all on an higher layer than the AI Traffic product layer. But sometimes this is not enough, and such conflicting AFCADs must be removed manually.

Juergen2

« Reply #4 on: July 12, 2018, 10:00:59 pm »
Hi Umberto,
Thanks for the reply.
I use UTLive for AI traffic, and also downloaded scenery (airports) from AVSIM.
It could very well be that the airports (scenery) I downloaded from AVSIM are causing the problem. I don't quite understand the "order" and "higher layer" as well as AFCADs not be used with add-on airports you mentioned. Is there a more detailed explanation that I can follow, to check out this problem?
Thanks for help
Juergen

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #5 on: July 13, 2018, 10:20:55 am »
GSX will tell you the name of the AFCAD in use in the parking customization page. This will help you identifying the conflicting AFCAD.

Juergen2

« Reply #6 on: July 13, 2018, 12:08:52 pm »
Hi Umberto,
I found the entry at the airport in question:
KLAS; there is 1 (one) AFCAD "APX17190.bgl".
What do I do now (I understand this might be trivial, but I never had to correct anything there).
Thanks for help
Juergen

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #7 on: July 13, 2018, 01:39:16 pm »
I found the entry at the airport in question: KLAS; there is 1 (one) AFCAD "APX17190.bgl".

You mean GSX is telling you is using the airport ? If yes, if you don't have an addon airport for KLAS, that seems to be right.

Juergen2

« Reply #8 on: July 13, 2018, 01:43:33 pm »
Umberto,
I don't have a purchased airport for KLAS, but I downloaded a scenery for KLAS from the AVSIM library.
Is this considered a Add On airport?
Thanks
Juergen
PS: again trivial, but important for me to understand

Juergen2

« Reply #9 on: July 13, 2018, 07:56:21 pm »
Umberto,
I trie another airport KBOS and the same problem occured: No GSX menue, only runway options. So I checked in the parking customization page and it gave me the AFCAD used (APX29160.bgl). Again, there is only 1 (one) .bgl listed.
Thanks for help

Juergen2

« Reply #10 on: July 14, 2018, 01:01:17 am »
Umberto,
I did another flight from Miami: same downloaded scenery from AVSIM -NO Problem-
So what could I check at these affected airports?
Thanks
Juergen

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #11 on: July 14, 2018, 12:53:29 pm »
It's possible these downloaded sceneries has been rejected because they are too big to be AFCADs. If can be sure of this, by enabling Logging in the Troubleshooting section of the GSX Settings, and choose "Restart and rebuild the airport cache" in the Couatl menu.

After the cache has been rebuilt, exit the sim and check the log file at %APPDATA%\Virtuali\Couatl.LOG, if it says some files has been rejected because they are too big, you can change the default threshold size for rejection by setting the airportCacheMaxBGLSizeBytes paramenter in the %APPDATA%\Virtuali\Couatl.INI file, as explained here:

http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php/topic,13489.msg100092.html#msg100092

Juergen2

« Reply #12 on: July 15, 2018, 12:06:51 am »
Hi Umberto,
I performed the Couatl restart as per instructions, but I can't find a log file which was supposed to be created. There is a couatl.err file; a couatl configuration setting file and a couatl text document file.
So I opened the text document and all it says is: LogFile="C:\User\Juergen\AppData\Roaming \Virtuali\Couatl.log". see screenshot: 
https://www.flickr.com/photos/141330124@N05/shares/X77b61
If this is the generated log file, there are no entries.
Normal????
Thanks
Juergen

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #13 on: July 15, 2018, 10:30:21 am »
couatl text document file.

In you screenshot, I can see TWO so-called "text documents", a smaller one (1KB), which is the one you opened, which is in fact the Couatl.INI file, which configures the log file to be created, and another larger (16KB), which I guess IS the Couatl.LOG file you were looking for.

If you enabled the option to see the complete filename with extension (highly recommended), this would have been more obvious.

Juergen2

« Reply #14 on: July 15, 2018, 12:39:51 pm »
Hi Umberto,
1st: Thanks for the file extension tip (I wasn't aware of this!)
2nd: Can you help me with the log file to see whats wrong on my system?
Thanks
Juergen